I loved linkin park one day, but now, where is the mix? the rap with the rock and the mix about every kind of music!? Where is the group that one day ins the past every people called the group who always have inovate.This is finish when the numb finish. Sorry for bad english.

Tags: linkin, old, park

Views: 1224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But see, they are still innovative. They have never been confined to just rock and rap. There are a lot more genres in even their oldest music. Those genres, and new ones, are present even now.

They physically sound different than before, but, they are the same people and artists at heart with the same intentions. I loved R&B when I was a kid, and now I don't really like it as much as I used to. Well, Linkin Park are the same way. They aren't as into the same nu-metal reminiscent, rock/rap style as they used to be. Any artist in any art form will tell you that doing the same thing for several years burns you out, prevents you from growing as an artist, and makes you look like a one-trick pony. Being a one-trick pony is why many musicians and bands sell-out.

I know you aren't saying this, ricardo, but a lot of other people do: Please don't say Linkin Park have "gone soft". They have always made melodic songs, such as My December, and Breaking the Habit, which fans worship. They just decided this time to make more of those, and in reality, made four, Leave Out All the Rest, In Between, In Pieces, and Valentine's Day. Fans in the past have BEGGED for more melodic songs, and I doubt that Linkin Park actually listened theorectically speaking, but they did end up doing what ya'll wanted. So, be thankful.

And that leads me to something I still don't understand. Fans here, and on the LPU, say they want to hear something that sounds like Hybrid Theory. The same people have complained that Meteora sounds too much like Hybrid Theory, and should have been different. But, fans complained when Minutes to Midnight came out, because it was different from Hybrid Theory. The way people continuously contradict themselves is highly amusing. (What I'm trying to say is that there is a sound change, but it's not that shocking).
Truth^^
This has to be the 1,000th thread on this topic.
OMG! Where have you been all this time? I've been saying this to people who are hating on Linkin Park because of Minutes to Midnight. You get it girl! I agree with you 100%! I'm so glad that there are other fans who understand. I'm tired of hearing all of the grumbling and complaining. I actually became a bigger fan of Linkin Park after the sound change. I like the new material better, because it's much more than emo hard rock. The only difference between Hybrid Theory and Minutes to Midnight is alternative rock and less rap. Big deal.

Alexandra Nofi said:
But see, they are still innovative. They have never been confined to just rock and rap. There are a lot more genres in even their oldest music. Those genres, and new ones, are present even now.

They physically sound different than before, but, they are the same people and artists at heart with the same intentions. I loved R&B when I was a kid, and now I don't really like it as much as I used to. Well, Linkin Park are the same way. They aren't as into the same nu-metal reminiscent, rock/rap style as they used to be. Any artist in any art form will tell you that doing the same thing for several years burns you out, prevents you from growing as an artist, and makes you look like a one-trick pony. Being a one-trick pony is why many musicians and bands sell-out.

I know you aren't saying this, ricardo, but a lot of other people do: Please don't say Linkin Park have "gone soft". They have always made melodic songs, such as My December, and Breaking the Habit, which fans worship. They just decided this time to make more of those, and in reality, made four, Leave Out All the Rest, In Between, In Pieces, and Valentine's Day. Fans in the past have BEGGED for more melodic songs, and I doubt that Linkin Park actually listened theorectically speaking, but they did end up doing what ya'll wanted. So, be thankful.

And that leads me to something I still don't understand. Fans here, and on the LPU, say they want to hear something that sounds like Hybrid Theory. The same people have complained that Meteora sounds too much like Hybrid Theory, and should have been different. But, fans complained when Minutes to Midnight came out, because it was different from Hybrid Theory. The way people continuously contradict themselves is highly amusing. (What I'm trying to say is that there is a sound change, but it's not that shocking).
Kathy, you must know me well enough by now to know that I don't say something unless I know it's true. I have read many thread responses on the old LPMB and the older LPUMB where people contradict themselves. And now that nothing is archived, I can't go in and prove it, which I would've done otherwise.

When it comes to "political parties", especially on Mike's blog, there is a growing "we want it now" vs. "take all the time you need" among fans. I've never seen the release of an album debated so fiercely before.

But anyways, I LOVE TV Tropes, that site is awesome! I have a friend who loves it so much, that when myself and my friends hang with her, she is so funny, she starts pointing tropes out at random. She calls one of our friends "stop having fun guy"!

KATHYxx said:
Welcome to 2007. I'll make tis quick reply and then get back to 2010.

Alexandra Nofi said:

You're confusing two different groups as one. The people who want more music like HT are NOT the same people who say Meteora is HT part II. There's no contradiction, you're just oversimplifying LP's different "political parties" and blending them together when they're actually separate.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnpleasableFanbase
Reply to everyone:

Examine the career of NIN and then stop worrying about what is going to happen to LP. If there is one band I use as an example of playing with different styles and sounds while still remaining true to the creative roots of what makes it *it*, it's NIN. I've been into NIN since Pretty Hate Machine was on cassette and I'm one of the fans that grew with the band. There are fans that didn't bother growing in their personal lives, so when the people in said band grew and changed (and their sound along with them) they had to leave those fans behind.

There are a whole bunch of angry people in eyeliner and fishnet tops that are going to get over their past and pain some day, remove The Downward Spiral and Broken from their iPod playlist, put on The Slip...and suddenly get it. On that day they'll stop wishing for more Ruiner and Wish and Gave Up and hope for more Discipline instead, and on that day I'll welcome them to being a grown up who doesn't define themselves by what other people do (even bands).

Some of my more serious "music nerd" friends (I was a DJ for the better part of a decade) take the piss out of me constantly for comparing what they see as a "good and serious proper band" like NIN to "immature inane crap" like LP. They will see what I see one day...it's just too bad they're so short sighted that they can't see it based on 3 albums and won't see it until they've put out 7 or 8. Like the above, I'll welcome them on that day to not being a judgemental fool who needs bands to sound a certain way so they fit the ill-defined niche they have created for that band.

To be succinct; As much as fans want to think that bands make music for them, they are actually making music for themselves and it's a bonus if you like it too. Let them write what's true and you can decide if you like it or not. And if not, then throw on your old LP albums. No one is going to confiscate your copy of Hybrid Theory when they new album comes out.
Go Scott, Go Scott! It's not your birthday, but go Scott!

(If it really is your birthday then... um... Happy Birthday!)
i agree i like the old LP more but they have more greate music from MtM like no roads i think they bring bk the old LP in the new almbum so lets see
I dint tell about diferent genres, but i liked the hibird theory and Meteora Album.This is the kind of music of linkin park, the rap of mike shinoda with the rock of the Chester Benington, after that the mr. Hahn mixed all, and this is a one kind of music, the mix of all, this music is so beautifull, is the best! I don't want the diferent genres, I want a other kind of music and this name is LINKIN PARK MUSIC!(musics of hibird teory and the Meteora album)

Alexandra Nofi said:

I dint tell about diferent genres, but i liked the hibird theory and Meteora Album.This is the kind of music of linkin park, the rap of mike shinoda with the rock of the Chester Benington, after that the mr. Hahn mixed all, and this is a one kind of music, the mix of all, this music is so beautifull, is the best! I don't want the diferent genres, I want a other kind of music and this name is LINKIN PARK MUSIC!(musics of hibird teory and the Meteora album)

Alexandra Nofi said:

I dont tell about diferent genres, but i liked the hibird theory and Meteora Album.This is the kind of music of linkin park, the rap of mike shinoda with the rock of the Chester Benington, after that the mr. Hahn mixed all, and this is a one kind of music, the mix of all, this music is so beautifull, is the best! I don't want the diferent genres, I want a other kind of music and this name is LINKIN PARK MUSIC!(musics of hibird teory and the Meteora album)
You can call my wife a hat but I still wouldn't wear her.

What I'm trying to say is; you yourself say "rap" and "rock" and "mix" (in reference to turntablism)...and then say you don't want to hear about different genres because it's it's own genre called Linkin Park Music? Those, my friend, are genres. If you like Hybrid Theory and Meteora so much...listen to them. No one is going to take them away from you or delete them off your hard drive And accept that what you like is a nice blend of rap, rock, and electronic styles. It might help you find something new to listen to that you also like. You can't pine away for something once it's gone man...

ricardo da veiga leripio viana said:
I dont tell about diferent genres, but i liked the hibird theory and Meteora Album.This is the kind of music of linkin park, the rap of mike shinoda with the rock of the Chester Benington, after that the mr. Hahn mixed all, and this is a one kind of music, the mix of all, this music is so beautifull, is the best! I don't want the diferent genres, I want a other kind of music and this name is LINKIN PARK MUSIC!(musics of hibird teory and the Meteora album)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service