The title says everything.
Type your old linkinpark.com nickname here so everyone can find eachother again.

My old nick where:

DogFan_LP
"The Linkin Park guy from Sweden" XD

Views: 2263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I noticed my first post on here was deleted for mentioning a male's.... banana.

i remember that name (CitizenErased). i haven't been on here regularly in YEARS tho.

SarahLaFea said:

Helloooo, my name's Sarah, I actually came snooping on here in the hopes of finding some links to old forum archives or something! But no luck :( Stupid nostalgia!

Not been here in years, but formally known as DestructoGirl and then CitizenErased (i think)

Yes the band does swear in their albums, however this rule has always been a part of the LP.com Guidelines, even on the old boards.

My understanding is because of the younger members that are on here, I agree, it doesn't make sense as they too use this type of language [being the younger fans] but it is not my job to debate/question the rules... I am just here to enforce them.

Open Your Eyes said:

Seriously?????

The band swears in their songs too, so what are you gonna do? Delete their albums?

I don't understand the nature and the sense behind of this  rule. Please explain, thanks.

dragonlp20© (Mod) said:

• Could you guys do me a favor? Please do not swear; and please double check the Guidelines. Not much has changed as far as the rules compared to the old boards, but still, a refresher couldn't hurt. I'd hate to have to remove some of these posts because you swore in them.
You may have gotten away with it but it has always been against the rules to swear.

WrestlingChick said:
We could swear on the old boards =|
Nah, not in the Barracks. It wasn't against the rules to flame in the Barracks either.
This.

Open Your Eyes said:
Nah, not in the Barracks. It wasn't against the rules to flame in the Barracks either.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh Kat a part of me kinda misses the good ol' OMGZDRAMA days <3

WrestlingChick said:
This.

Open Your Eyes said:

as far as swearing yes it was against the rules, even in the Barracks.

As for flaming, it was only allowed as long as the member that was flamed did not report it. 

Below is a copy of the rules as was stated on the old LPMB:

[Note: just because it (swearing) was not explicitly mentioned in the rules on the Barracks section does not mean it was allowed.]

1) Flaming and rudeness are not allowed.
All forums except for the Barracks do not permit flaming and intentional rudeness.
See the bottom of this page for definition of flaming.

Flaming policy for all forums EXCEPT the Barracks:

No flaming or rudeness towards anyone is allowed in this forum. We understand that sometimes you feel the need to get personal or make offensive comments towards other users, but there are nicer ways to say it and flames will not be tolerated. Do not cuss towards anyone or call anyone names. Rudeness includes offensive or mean comments made to another user because of their musical preference, status on the messageboards, age or labeling users as teenies or newbies. In all forums (EXCEPT for the Barracks), the Chatroom, Photos, Comments, and all other areas of this site; this rule applies, whether you are meaning it as a joke or not.

Flaming policy for The Barracks:

Flaming is allowed if the person that is flamed is not offended and/or chooses not to report the post. If the post is reported, a moderator will view the post and a warning will be issued. If you think a flame was made towards you, report the post and a moderator will view it. Be mature about this, don't report a friend for flaming if you aren't offended/as a joke, the warning will not be removed.

FLAMING:

"Flaming" is the word we are using to describe put-downs and insults (name calling) and all offensive comments. Cursing at another user is also counted as flaming. As far as name calling goes, any offensive names (moron, idiot, asshole, etc) are flames, if you don't know whether it's a flame, don't say it, a moderator will decide whether to issue the warning/banning or not.

The Message Board is a very large community; we work hard for it to be a fun place to visit, and we need your help. If you don't have anything nice to say THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SAY IT, PLEASE.

WrestlingChick said:

This.

Open Your Eyes said:

Yes yes we are familiar with the flaming policy.

BUT I still don't see where it says not to swear. It only states that you shouldn't swear at OTHER people, there's a huge difference.

dragonlp20© (Mod) said:

As for flaming, it was only allowed as long as the member that was flamed did not report it. 

[Note: just because it (swearing) was not explicitly mentioned in the rules on the Barracks section does not mean it was allowed.]

All forums except for the Barracks do not permit flaming and intentional rudeness.

No flaming or rudeness towards anyone is allowed in this forum. We understand that sometimes you feel the need to get personal or make offensive comments towards other users, but there are nicer ways to say it and flames will not be tolerated. Do not cuss towards anyone or call anyone names. Rudeness includes offensive or mean comments made to another user because of their musical preference, status on the messageboards, age or labeling users as teenies or newbies. In all forums (EXCEPT for the Barracks), the Chatroom, Photos, Comments, and all other areas of this site; this rule applies, whether you are meaning it as a joke or not.

Flaming is allowed if the person that is flamed is not offended and/or chooses not to report the post. If the post is reported, a moderator will view the post and a warning will be issued. If you think a flame was made towards you, report the post and a moderator will view it. Be mature about this, don't report a friend for flaming if you aren't offended/as a joke, the warning will not be removed.

FLAMING:

"Flaming" is the word we are using to describe put-downs and insults (name calling) and all offensive comments. Cursing at another user is also counted as flaming. As far as name calling goes, any offensive names (moron, idiot, asshole, etc) are flames, if you don't know whether it's a flame, don't say it, a moderator will decide whether to issue the warning/banning or not.

The Message Board is a very large community; we work hard for it to be a fun place to visit, and we need your help. If you don't have anything nice to say THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SAY IT, PLEASE.

WrestlingChick said:

This.

Open Your Eyes said:
Like I said, just because it doesn't say it in the rules that it applied to the Barracks too doesn't mean it's ok.

We can't list every little thing that is against the rules in the rules. It'd be too long if we did.

But in any event, it's in the rules now and that's all that matters. There's no more point in stating "well we use to be able to" ... So let's both drop it from here on out. However if you do wanna continue, I'll be more than happy to get admin in here to settle this.
Open Your Eyes said:

Yes yes we are familiar with the flaming policy.

BUT I still don't see where it says not to swear. It only states that you shouldn't swear at OTHER people, there's a huge difference.

dragonlp20© (Mod) said:

FLAMING:

WrestlingChick said:

This.

Open Your Eyes said:
Nah, it doesn't really matter much except from the fact that you do realize how stupid this rule is, right? I mean, I'd semi-understand this if they didn't curse in their songs, but it's not even the case. :| But yeah, never even heard someone even mentioning this rule before, and I spend a fair amount of time on these boards >.>

+ KATNESS NEVER HEARD OF IT EITHER. and ya.

Are you sure you guys are not actually just taking the rule of not swearing at others and mixing it with not swearing period?
Rules says " No swearing on LinkinPark.com. This includes words that imply swearing. " That includes the entire site. It doesn't say at other members, it says No Swearing. It will not change or be altered in any way, why argue it. This is what it is, right now. What's done is done.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service