If you watch the DVD you should have seen that Phoenix didn't like the music he was playing.  Forgive the analogy, but that's like asking Cliff Burton to play on Richard Marx. Phoenix, you gotta remember you do have a voice. Get your guitar player to get those big earphones out and get your drummer to remember he has a snare drum instead of some digitized clicker. 

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol
I watched that for the first time today and I get the sense that when Brad did try to mention something he liked, Mike disregarded the idea. At the end it was a lil weird seeing them all sitting around with the looks they had on their faces almost unsure if they did their best and made the right decisions on what they were about to put out. I don't know.. that is what I got out of it. One thing for sure it's all Mike..that is at least how it comes off watching that.
You are seeing what LP want you to see on the DVD, which is the hard side and struggles of making a record, rather than a "making of".
They aren't meant to be happy, no one is during the writing/recording process, and they wanted us to see that, which we normally wouldnt get to see.
Are you happy at work every single day? Because I'm sure going to work is the same for everybody, regardless of job.
You have bad days. LP wanted us to see that.

And if you think "it was all Mike", you need to go watch some LPTV, the MTV documentary, and the recent youtube videos of them, before you base assumptions on ONE video.
I agree...the whole album is classic Shinoda...he went overboard with his creativity on this one though eliminating the bands true musical talents..Mike probably hypnotized them all..
Dex you have LP's back no matter what and as commendable and great as it is, the album is simply not that good. There are many more complaints than compliments - and it is 100 percent Shinoda - everyone knows he is Linkin Park, credit Hybrid Theory and Meteora to him as well - he is the man behind their music and since people credit him with the great albums, he also takes full responsibility for this no more than average one.

Dex said:
You are seeing what LP want you to see on the DVD, which is the hard side and struggles of making a record, rather than a "making of".
They aren't meant to be happy, no one is during the writing/recording process, and they wanted us to see that, which we normally wouldnt get to see.
Are you happy at work every single day? Because I'm sure going to work is the same for everybody, regardless of job.
You have bad days. LP wanted us to see that.

And if you think "it was all Mike", you need to go watch some LPTV, the MTV documentary, and the recent youtube videos of them, before you base assumptions on ONE video.
I already sent you the links in your main thread to the truth.
You can keep spamming the forums all you want with negativity, telling me it's not a good album is not going to convince me, or the hundreds of thousands of people worldwide who bought it and pushed it to number 1 on the charts in more than 5 countries :)
Thanks J Fus :)
Dex I simply replied to one video that was mentioned here, so I am basing my comment on that. I did not get what you got at the end with them all sitting around being quiet and looking around at each other until Chester spoke, no one is denying they work hard. This was not a negative comment about the album or LP in general, but my take on watching the video. So back the F off me.
I was talking to Joel in my post, not that you bothered to ask, you just chose to abuse someone without thinking about it. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Funseekin4life said:
Thanks J Fus :)
Dex I simply replied to one video that was mentioned here, so I am basing my comment on that. I did not get what you got at the end with them all sitting around being quiet and looking around at each other until Chester spoke, no one is denying they work hard. This was not a negative comment about the album or LP in general, but my take on watching the video. So back the F off me.
I like some of the songs on the new album but sure miss their original style. It seemed like this album was rushed. To be honest this album just doesn't sound complete to me like the last three albums. Not there best album, not enough songs to to say it was complete.

Has anyone seen the making of ATS? Towards the end seemed like they where trying to rush the album and didnt have enough time to do so... I wouldnt of mind waiting another year or two for them to finish it. The band didnt seem like themselfs.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service