Since I haven't found one of these yet I figured I'll make a poetry thread, where we could either share poetry/lyrics or discuss favorite poets or lyricists. To start off the thread I'll post one of my own pieces. Hope to see what everyone else's work and maybe learn about some other poets. Criticism is appreciated but lets be nice to each other about it :)

 

I'll share with you my heart
a desire unafraid
hushed with lullabys and older dreams
we're always in the same place

life/the key to living
love/the key to loving
I desire none but myself

and so I'll weep to you
dear reader and lost friend
that my heart holds
the stories of anger and hate
mistrust and my own shame
love and lost love
misplacement and sadness

I can't tell you why
these feelings of mine
are so down
cos you see
I only share with you my heart

sob stories are for the weak
and I can show no weakness
I already have too much
for the simple things I'll never have
in toy cars and choo choo trains

I share with you my heart
and lullabys that never rock me to sleep

I share with you my heart
cos it's all I really have left to give

Views: 863

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow I really like this. good job! ^^

Harriett said:

I've been super lazy and unmotivated lately...so here's something I wrote a while ago.

 

Into Static (Whiteout)

 

She said that I was gullible

Truly, I slipped from black caves

My feet greased the color of

Static in greying squares

(I sweep and sweep)

 

I rest on a universe of

Scattering noise like pinballs

I'm cold and the crickets chirp

In our populated nothing

"Can I take your order?"

 

They laugh and try to be friendly

Truly, I'm sorry and so far gone

Into the static of greying squares

My eyes cracked like eggs

My hands are calloused

 

I don't want to fake smiles

But let them glisten against the spotted floor

And come clean

My toes are waiting

(struggling to count change)

 

I'm calling a whiteout

To infuse with soft star

(not blinking) soft heart

Radiating light and

They no longer hear me

 

But truly, there's no magic glue for that

I spill like a milkshake

Into static

"Have a good night!"

 

Its kinda dead, but here's another poem. ^^

 

Absolution

A wandering soul lost in the depths of pain and despair, an existence consumed by the crimson flames of deepest loathing; the enemy continues to whisper lies in her ear, creating illusions that cast themselves before her in the image of her friends and family. Feeling abandoned and alone, the wanderer feigns courage when really she is weak. Afraid of confrontation, she chooses to hide in the darkness. And so in the darkness she wanders, until the lies become her truths; and the truths become nothing more than a faded memory. 

A light shines on the darkness and turns it to shadow; a thick blanket of ice falls onto, and extinguishes, the flames. The lies fade and the truth shines through, revealing a world she used to know as a child. She bids farewell to her true enemy and begins to move forward for the first time. The path remains unclear, but the wanderer makes her way back home to the ones who have loved her even when she couldn’t see. In loving memory her past will remain forever and ever. May it never take hold of her again.



Wow I have really missed A LOT since last I was here. Ash I love your poems very good stuff, Harriet it's good to see some more work by you it had been a long time. Everyone else wonderful work, there's far too much that I've missed. And here's to the new year, hope to see more newcomers and more great poems from those that are already here. I'll try to keep up a little more too :)

 

This is my latest piece:

 

Rose Tips

 

in silent requiem thru ash and whispers

born without thought

we fight in dreams

followed with forgotten rhythms

lost but never covered

and just like a mirror, circling the throat

a prayer will be spoken

not thru wisdom

but painted in grace

and bleeding rose tips for soul

 

remembered be the rapture unsaid

without a trial or revision

tracing still frame showrooms

craving more than a father can give

 

and served but never alone

will be the kingdom of rose tips

asking for a little time to rise

 

That is beautiful! The emotion behind it really captures me. I feel...all kinds of things when I read this. You are very talented. I love your work! ^^

Ghost-Child550 said:

Wow I have really missed A LOT since last I was here. Ash I love your poems very good stuff, Harriet it's good to see some more work by you it had been a long time. Everyone else wonderful work, there's far too much that I've missed. And here's to the new year, hope to see more newcomers and more great poems from those that are already here. I'll try to keep up a little more too :)

 

This is my latest piece:

 

Rose Tips

 

in silent requiem thru ash and whispers

born without thought

we fight in dreams

followed with forgotten rhythms

lost but never covered

and just like a mirror, circling the throat

a prayer will be spoken

not thru wisdom

but painted in grace

and bleeding rose tips for soul

 

remembered be the rapture unsaid

without a trial or revision

tracing still frame showrooms

craving more than a father can give

 

and served but never alone

will be the kingdom of rose tips

asking for a little time to rise

 

Whoo! Well heres another poem from me. Once again nothing new, I wrote this one maybe 4 months ago! ^^ Enjoy

Mental Sanctuary

Come away
Disappear from the world you know
Come away
Create a new land within

Escape from the pain
Into a land where sadness doesn't exist
Imagine a place
Full of peace within your mind

Never let
Darkness overwhelm you
Don't be afraid
Nothing will harm you here

Slip away
Redefine your own reality
Lock away
The secrets you hold within

Dream
Here you are not powerless
Don't wake
Else the darkness will seep through

Fall away
Escape from reality
When the world
Becomes too much for you
I really like this piece, I feel its honesty!

Angelique C. said:

Its kinda dead, but here's another poem. ^^

 

Absolution

A wandering soul lost in the depths of pain and despair, an existence consumed by the crimson flames of deepest loathing; the enemy continues to whisper lies in her ear, creating illusions that cast themselves before her in the image of her friends and family. Feeling abandoned and alone, the wanderer feigns courage when really she is weak. Afraid of confrontation, she chooses to hide in the darkness. And so in the darkness she wanders, until the lies become her truths; and the truths become nothing more than a faded memory. 

A light shines on the darkness and turns it to shadow; a thick blanket of ice falls onto, and extinguishes, the flames. The lies fade and the truth shines through, revealing a world she used to know as a child. She bids farewell to her true enemy and begins to move forward for the first time. The path remains unclear, but the wanderer makes her way back home to the ones who have loved her even when she couldn’t see. In loving memory her past will remain forever and ever. May it never take hold of her again.



Damn.....this is awesome. This is one of my favorite poems now, dead seriouse. And prolly' like the rest of us, your not published either huh?

Ghost-Child550 said:

Wow I have really missed A LOT since last I was here. Ash I love your poems very good stuff, Harriet it's good to see some more work by you it had been a long time. Everyone else wonderful work, there's far too much that I've missed. And here's to the new year, hope to see more newcomers and more great poems from those that are already here. I'll try to keep up a little more too :)

 

This is my latest piece:

 

Rose Tips

 

in silent requiem thru ash and whispers

born without thought

we fight in dreams

followed with forgotten rhythms

lost but never covered

and just like a mirror, circling the throat

a prayer will be spoken

not thru wisdom

but painted in grace

and bleeding rose tips for soul

 

remembered be the rapture unsaid

without a trial or revision

tracing still frame showrooms

craving more than a father can give

 

and served but never alone

will be the kingdom of rose tips

asking for a little time to rise

 

Huh? Hey Harriett, what did you mean by you think you've been read? That kinda worries me honestly, message me if it's not something you want to make known on here ok?

Harriett said:

Awww...I think I've been read like a book.

Ash said:

Here's a new one that's not so new.

-Untitled-

            A junkie stalks the alleyway

            In search of a cure to take the pain

            He sees the shambles of his life

            But cannot see the end in sight

 

            Do you see this shadow of a man?

            Would you take the time to understand?

            If all he needed was a gentle hand

            Would you offer it or turn your head?

 

            There is a beautiful woman, vain and proud

            Her words as thoughtless and empty, as much as they are loud

            Yet no amount of money or layers of concealer

            Can hide the ugliness she wears even deeper

 

            Look at the poor one by the way

            You wouldn't give him the time of day

            You think him ignorant, dirty, and dumb

            Because he's plain, humble, and lives simpler than some

 

            You'd never know the beauty of his mind

            How one could be so thoughtful and so kind

            His riches aren't found in superficial, material things

            But in the honest belief in God and promises he brings

 

            As for the rich man you must beware

            His wealth has made him empty, without a care

            Don't be fooled by the smile he wears, he surely has sins to bear

            To avoid his child's lonely stare, he gives money for love he cannot share

 

            A girl has learned what it means to live

            Though a callous disease eats within

            The hope and tenderness she shares get her through

            This is how she's begun anew

 

            You could think she would despair for she has so little time

            Take a look closer to see the light that shines within her eyes

           

            A group of youths adorned in the latest fad and trend

            Desensitized, demoralized for ease of fitting in

            Blinded by arrogant self-centeredness, deluded by self-deception

            They've lost the ability of simple self reflection

 

            And now the kid who sits alone with no place to call a home

            He's seen and been made to do things a child should never know

            Every night he trades his dignity for shame in order to survive

            He keeps a dream inside, and one day he'll leave it all behind

           

            If by chance you met this boy wandering around the corner

            Would you take a second glance or even care to bother

            Never mind his bluntness, he doesn't mean to offend

            What he seeks is the comfort and honesty that lie within a friend

 

            9/20/10'

 

wow. You have good instincts! ^^ And thanks Im glad you like it!

I think everyone here is really talented, and I hope some others start postin more poems; you too! x3


Harriett said:

I really like this piece, I feel its honesty!

Oh, sorry! I should have been more clear... I didn't mean to scare you if I did. I have a bad habit of being awkward. I won't totally put it out there, because it's kinda personal, but a couple of the stanzas reminded of me things that I have gone through.

Ash said:
Huh? Hey Harriett, what did you mean by you think you've been read? That kinda worries me honestly, message me if it's not something you want to make known on here ok?

Harriett said:

Awww...I think I've been read like a book.

Ash said:

Here's a new one that's not so new.

-Untitled-

            A junkie stalks the alleyway

            In search of a cure to take the pain

            He sees the shambles of his life

            But cannot see the end in sight

 

            Do you see this shadow of a man?

            Would you take the time to understand?

            If all he needed was a gentle hand

            Would you offer it or turn your head?

 

            There is a beautiful woman, vain and proud

            Her words as thoughtless and empty, as much as they are loud

            Yet no amount of money or layers of concealer

            Can hide the ugliness she wears even deeper

 

            Look at the poor one by the way

            You wouldn't give him the time of day

            You think him ignorant, dirty, and dumb

            Because he's plain, humble, and lives simpler than some

 

            You'd never know the beauty of his mind

            How one could be so thoughtful and so kind

            His riches aren't found in superficial, material things

            But in the honest belief in God and promises he brings

 

            As for the rich man you must beware

            His wealth has made him empty, without a care

            Don't be fooled by the smile he wears, he surely has sins to bear

            To avoid his child's lonely stare, he gives money for love he cannot share

 

            A girl has learned what it means to live

            Though a callous disease eats within

            The hope and tenderness she shares get her through

            This is how she's begun anew

 

            You could think she would despair for she has so little time

            Take a look closer to see the light that shines within her eyes

           

            A group of youths adorned in the latest fad and trend

            Desensitized, demoralized for ease of fitting in

            Blinded by arrogant self-centeredness, deluded by self-deception

            They've lost the ability of simple self reflection

 

            And now the kid who sits alone with no place to call a home

            He's seen and been made to do things a child should never know

            Every night he trades his dignity for shame in order to survive

            He keeps a dream inside, and one day he'll leave it all behind

           

            If by chance you met this boy wandering around the corner

            Would you take a second glance or even care to bother

            Never mind his bluntness, he doesn't mean to offend

            What he seeks is the comfort and honesty that lie within a friend

 

            9/20/10'

 

This one is very good, I gotta say I really enjoyed it. Especially the fifth stanza. I wanna see some new stuff lol :P

@Ash: well thank you very much, that really means a lot to me that you liked it that much. I'm actually self-published through this website, if anyone here is interested you can check it out at this site; http://stores.lulu.com/djhernandez

Angelique C. said:

Whoo! Well heres another poem from me. Once again nothing new, I wrote this one maybe 4 months ago! ^^ Enjoy

Mental Sanctuary

Come away
Disappear from the world you know
Come away
Create a new land within

Escape from the pain
Into a land where sadness doesn't exist
Imagine a place
Full of peace within your mind

Never let
Darkness overwhelm you
Don't be afraid
Nothing will harm you here

Slip away
Redefine your own reality
Lock away
The secrets you hold within

Dream
Here you are not powerless
Don't wake
Else the darkness will seep through

Fall away
Escape from reality
When the world
Becomes too much for you

Hehe. I have gone and really explored writing quite a bit. Here's one of my recent poems

 

sunburnt and stardrenched

 

On your birthday the sea leaves salt at your doorstep

And a few broken pieces of seashells

That seem to no longer whisper

Their little quirky remarks

Tickling against your attentive ears

 

You rush across the front porch, trying to place yourfootsteps

wisely against the pavements of summer heat

And when you look up at the bruised sky

of violet against stark cerulean you start to wonder

 why the sunleft you without a farewell and

when would it rise again without a ‘morning’?

 

And the world is oblivious to you

They call you names like

‘girl with a rabbit heart’

‘a lost child’

and ‘little angel façade’

 

But in the shadows of your feigning smiles you know it’sbecause

they envy your sun drenched hair

And staccato feet born for dancing

across the spotlight with specks of flying fairy dust

 

They say you are just

A ghost of your mother

An empty dream unfulfilled

“her clock is always

twenty four hours and three ticks off”

 

They let you watch sunrises while singing

Childhood tunes with flower in your hair

 

‘she’s just like her mother,’

‘oh poor child,’

 

sorry eyes guide you to your

stark white bed that overlooks the Pacific

and little metal needles

shaped like tiny clock hands

laugh at your bony figure and hollow cheeks

while people in blank monotonous robes drug you to

dream those forgotten dreams your mother got lost in

 

deep in your sedative, the ocean beckons to you to swimdeeper and deeper

golden magical sea creatures embrace you and plead you tostay

 

ghostly children dressed in funeral colors

hold glowing candles in their hands

to light up the way home

and the choristes sing nocturnal tunes

to guide you on the right rocky road

 

darkness holds you down

shadows taunt you to run

piratic ropes tie you to your decided fate

the moment life dawned on you

and your newborn eyes opened

the glinting knife has always been

behind you.

 


 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service