Since I haven't found one of these yet I figured I'll make a poetry thread, where we could either share poetry/lyrics or discuss favorite poets or lyricists. To start off the thread I'll post one of my own pieces. Hope to see what everyone else's work and maybe learn about some other poets. Criticism is appreciated but lets be nice to each other about it :)

I'll share with you my heart
a desire unafraid
hushed with lullabys and older dreams
we're always in the same place

life/the key to living
love/the key to loving
I desire none but myself

and so I'll weep to you
dear reader and lost friend
that my heart holds
the stories of anger and hate
mistrust and my own shame
love and lost love
misplacement and sadness

I can't tell you why
these feelings of mine
are so down
cos you see
I only share with you my heart

sob stories are for the weak
and I can show no weakness
I already have too much
for the simple things I'll never have
in toy cars and choo choo trains

I share with you my heart
and lullabys that never rock me to sleep

I share with you my heart
cos it's all I really have left to give

Views: 864

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I finally got my book out there. It's not in stores but if anyone is interested they can buy it here at: http://lnk.ms/5zjbg
wow that is really cool!

Ghost-Child550 said:
I finally got my book out there. It's not in stores but if anyone is interested they can buy it here at: http://lnk.ms/5zjbg
Thanks :) it took me a long time and I had to sift through a lot of my old poetry (none of which is any good by the way) to find some extra poems to put in there next to my new ones.

Michelle said:
wow that is really cool!

Ghost-Child550 said:
k so I just wrote this one....what do you guys think?

Secret Smiles

I have hidden

things within me

so I hide

secret smiles

please don't

find what lies

behind

my secret smiles
Very good short and wonderfully wirtten. Two thumbs up :)

Michelle said:
k so I just wrote this one....what do you guys think?

Secret Smiles

I have hidden

things within me

so I hide

secret smiles

please don't

find what lies

behind

my secret smiles
I stand alone, fearless as the tide rises
An unspoken challenge hangs in the air
Me vs. the future vs. me
This verse is complete

My feet grow cold, infertile soil redolent
Sucked dead and clean like the past
Be first to see worse than me
A hearse and clean sheets

Pale rider cometh, I'm ready for you now
I need your horse and your boots
Try, but you can't strip the dead of me
I have a long ride ahead of me
What!? That's so cool! I want to publish a book someday, but I'm in high school. I've been absent here for a little bit, so I'm hoping to put up a couple poems sooner or later. I haven't written much and I'm in the typing and editing process right now. I'm joining a writing contest with cash rewards; I'm scared. I really want to win, but I think my poems are immature for my age. I'm 17.

Ghost-Child550 said:
@ScottFree that was a wonderful piece of poetry. Very well written and I like your style, kinda reminds me of Demon Hunter's writing style. Well done.

@Harriett: Don't worry you'll get one published. And on the note about the contest, most works by people at the age of seventeen through about twenty are pretty immature. It's all about their girlfriends and other things or just works that say please feel sorry for me. Melancholy is the way to go, it's the same thing as sadness but you're using your emotion to your advantage you're not asking for people to feel sorry for you you're just putting your heart on paper. I've read your works and they're very well written for seventeen (trust me at seventeen my work sucked) Like I said most seventeen year olds complain too much yours is pretty damn mature, and if you don't win at least you got to share your work. Let me know how it goes for you.
Wow, Thanks for the compliment! You're going to make me start walking with my chest puffed out. lol : ) I'm a pretty humble person, but I never thought I was actually talented at writing. I just love to write and I always have. I guess I'm just one of the few people who still love literature. Everyone else my age hates it. I mean, who else at seventeen is interested in Henry David Thoreau? I've been writing, reading, and drawing since I was a kid. I'm an artist too by the way. I just love the arts, it's the only individualism in a tech savvy world. You know? Life's complicated enough. Art gives me a place that I can create without boundaries. A place where I can't be wrong for once, because sometimes I feel like I don't fit. Thanks again!

Ghost-Child550 said:
@ScottFree that was a wonderful piece of poetry. Very well written and I like your style, kinda reminds me of Demon Hunter's writing style. Well done.
@Harriett: Don't worry you'll get one published. And on the note about the contest, most works by people at the age of seventeen through about twenty are pretty immature. It's all about their girlfriends and other things or just works that say please feel sorry for me. Melancholy is the way to go, it's the same thing as sadness but you're using your emotion to your advantage you're not asking for people to feel sorry for you you're just putting your heart on paper. I've read your works and they're very well written for seventeen (trust me at seventeen my work sucked) Like I said most seventeen year olds complain too much yours is pretty damn mature, and if you don't win at least you got to share your work. Let me know how it goes for you.
I hope you continue to post your writing here, because I liked your piece. Help spread word about us, I want to read other writers' works too!

Scott Free said:
I stand alone, fearless as the tide rises
An unspoken challenge hangs in the air Me vs. the future vs. me This verse is complete

My feet grow cold, infertile soil redolent
Sucked dead and clean like the past
Be first to see worse than me
A hearse and clean sheets

Pale rider cometh, I'm ready for you now
I need your horse and your boots
Try, but you can't strip the dead of me
I have a long ride ahead of me
It's an old piece, but here we go.

Hope
==================================
As men breathe, a shadow of foreclosure dawns over us like a blanket of coveted sleep.
It’s a signal; an omen of dire things to come – our disillusioned existence in hibernation.
Our homes, our lives, our own hearts a myriad of question marks.
A brand, a mark, a featureless scar on the residue of memories long since past,
the soles of humankind reflect the struggles that were, are and will be,
for strife is born from scum like us. Our broken faith coincides with our broken trust.

The cities never sleep. They seek kinship in others and break men far stronger than I.
The hellish consequence of this observation is murder, theft of virginity and innocence,
a dark display of unrequited polluted love – part and parcel of our self-made legacy.
The true faces of evil reside in us all. It is not nations balancing on the edge of a knife;
It is man’s Faustian deal inherit and unchallenged – masked under a thin veil of pretend.
“This is the way the world is. No selfless acts can change the course of Terra Firma.”
This thought is more destructive than any manmade weapon, even if man IS the weapon.
For what are you, if not damned, by what you choose not to see or believe?

Life: a gift, a torch, a guide.
The positive aspects of negative thinking inexorably looming over the cities as we burn,
plunder, maim and destroy all we touch and hold dear. There is no need for proof in this.
Darwinian theories proves us to be killers time and time again,
but also as slaves of repeat-behavior, sado-masochistic tendencies and depression.
The cries of man fall on deaf ears and empty but gracious platitudes.
As reality cracks, so does humankind: each one of us a potential Nietzsche.
To some, laughter is proof of humanity.
To some, laughter is the face of ostracized anonymity.
The burden of man is never knowing one’s time or place,
as we still retain a sense of urgency in carefully controlled frames.

Hope: still lingers on, relentless.
Despite impending doom, the root of the problem lies within man’s grasp.
It is man’s undoing if the problem is not solved, for the problem is manmade,
and death won’t turn the other cheek because men close their eyes.
Our conquest for domination? Inner space is as unexplored as outer space,
man wants to destroy the pristine moon for better fuel,
man wants to dominate instead of understand.

Life is a series of misunderstood events where the seed discolors the soil,
and fills the desolate wastes with vacuum from the void.
There is love, redemption and hope despite all pain:
the hope that Humpty Dumpty was put back together again.
@Harriet: Well it's nice to see they're still artists among us in this world. Like you said everything's become tech savvy, music is all about the production, film about the effects and everything else takes back seat. Ah you also draw, I'd love to see some of your works up on here it'll be nice. I myself am an aspiring filmmaker, though that's not going to well for me, it's a hard industry to get into, especially when you plan on making films that are generally not viewed by mainstream audiences, all they want is blockbusters like the Transformers with no plot or character. Anyway I really hope to see some more of your work on here and perhaps some drawings if you'd like to share.

@Mike A: I haven't finished it, haven't had the time to read through the whole thing, but when I have the time I promise I'll read through all of it and let you know what I think. So far pretty good though.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service