Use this thread to post any questions you may have about editing your profile.

If you rock at profile customization (CSS/HTML), feel free to post here too :)

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dan:

I like the dragons too!

You need to use CSS to customize your profile's background image. Here is more information on what to do: http://bit.ly/6c31BA. Here's info on how to change the layout of your profile: http://bit.ly/5U01yY.

If you have any "how can I do this questions" search Ning's Help Center: http://help.ning.com/. As Athena, may have mentioned on the call Ning powers the network and their help center is very helpful.

If you cant find the answer to your question in the Help Center and Athena or I are hard to reach, go here and fill out the help center form: http://hc.ning.com/ning_login.php?p_next_page=PortalTickets/AskUsAQ....

These are all good links to share with the new Members of the network when we open this up to LPU.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Rachel

Dan said:
My background image:


Screen shot of other changes:

OK, the only thing I need to figure out is:

* make the current background image align center, and not scroll
* module bodies (where the members' pix are for example): background color: #000000 (just change the color from the blue thing it is now, I still like the semi-transparent nature of the color)
* module headers (where the titles are; Members, Admin Options, My Friends, etc): background color: #B94304
* Nav Bar links (main links): text color: #ffffff w/ #bb4404 hover

If anyone knows how to do this, you think you could just write the code for me? :P por favor?

I might be able to get the background image done... but I can't figure out the nav bar / modules for s**t; I've tried looking at the source code and I don't see where the info I need is at....
Okay, my profile is..... I don't know broken dow or fucked up I have no idea.
Anyways I can't use any layout that you can chose on the "Customize your profile" site, all I get it a pixled mess.
I'll post a pic of how it looks :)

I chose the urbantek


Please help me to fix it. I am not so good at alle the html and css stuff so yeah. Dan said it's probably the side image but yeah, couldn't fix it. No matter which layout I chose there always this blue burry pixled mess. It hadn't been there before >.< Pls help!

Greez Tensh_iie
Coloring tips to not look like a dork:

Try to get a background with low contrast. The purpose of your background is to accent your profile, not take it over and ruin everything else on your profile. For example, instead of using a background with black and white, use one with black and dark grey for a dark look, or white and light gray for a light look instead. It's best to choose between low key darkness and high key lightness, don't use both. And that's just an example, you can use dark red instead of dark gray, for instance.

Then you can pick a font color that's opposite of your background (dark on light / light on dark). And it will always be readable and you won't look like a complete n00b.
True that Kathy... I think their main issue is the side image... At least that's what i got out of the report email :p

on another note; i noticed we do have some mbrs that know a thing or 20 about CSS... any chance one of you guys could help me figure out how to fix the issues i stated in the quote below? I still can't figure out how to modify the module box colors and whatnot. Thnx in advance. (if you would like to PM me, you'll have to add me as a friend first)



Dan said:
OK, the only thing I need to figure out is:

* make the current background image align center, and not scroll
* module bodies (where the members' pix are for example): background color: #000000 (just change the color from the blue thing it is now, I still like the semi-transparent nature of the color)
* module headers (where the titles are; Members, Admin Options, My Friends, etc): background color: #B94304
* Nav Bar links (main links): text color: #ffffff w/ #bb4404 hover

If anyone knows how to do this, you think you could just write the code for me? :P por favor?

I might be able to get the background image done... but I can't figure out the nav bar / modules for s**t; I've tried looking at the source code and I don't see where the info I need is at....
Are you joking me? I don't care about colors or anything else. I want to see the layout o.O I see nothing... you understand? Nothing, there's just pixled blue mess. That has nothing to do with a color or anything. I'm sorry but... I am just trying to help you here, because as far as I know this is still just a beta version... so please. TELL ME HOW TO FIX that, or fix it youself.
Colors are not the issue. The issue is the blue pixled mess and the fact that I don't se ANY layout at all.

Thanks you, Dan.
Tryed to do what you said in your mail but... how should I modify the back pic? It changes with the layout o.O
first of all, calm the fuck down. And Kathy is actually right. There is something about low key dakrness, and high key darkness. It's contrasts, which makes the picture have more pixles. Less pixles -> blurry. More pixles -> sharp or even too sharp. And in your case, too many contrasts (too much color going on at the same time, which makes the picture have more pixles combined with low and high key.

point is; switch to a darker or lighter picture with less pixles.

Tensh_iie said:
Are you joking me? I don't care about colors or anything else. I want to see the layout o.O I see nothing... you understand? Nothing, there's just pixled blue mess. That has nothing to do with a color or anything. I'm sorry but... I am just trying to help you here, because as far as I know this is still just a beta version... so please. TELL ME HOW TO FIX that, or fix it youself.
Colors are not the issue. The issue is the blue pixled mess and the fact that I don't se ANY layout at all.

Thanks you, Dan.
Tryed to do what you said in your mail but... how should I modify the back pic? It changes with the layout o.O
Just a quick question, I used to have a username but there is nothing on the profile page for this. Obviously i can get it back if I replace my full name with my old username but surely this misses the point of being asked for your full name? can something be added to the page to select a username and have it displayed rather than my full name? Thanks.
I'm sorry BUT I didn't change anything so... tell ME how to fix it because I have no idea.
I didn't change anything so how should I know WHAT is wrong.

Caroline Heggdal said:
first of all, calm the fuck down. And Kathy is actually right. There is something about low key dakrness, and high key darkness. It's contrasts, which makes the picture have more pixles. Less pixles -> blurry. More pixles -> sharp or even too sharp. And in your case, too many contrasts (too much color going on at the same time, which makes the picture have more pixles combined with low and high key.

point is; switch to a darker or lighter picture with less pixles.

Tensh_iie said:
Are you joking me? I don't care about colors or anything else. I want to see the layout o.O I see nothing... you understand? Nothing, there's just pixled blue mess. That has nothing to do with a color or anything. I'm sorry but... I am just trying to help you here, because as far as I know this is still just a beta version... so please. TELL ME HOW TO FIX that, or fix it youself.
Colors are not the issue. The issue is the blue pixled mess and the fact that I don't se ANY layout at all.

Thanks you, Dan.
Tryed to do what you said in your mail but... how should I modify the back pic? It changes with the layout o.O
First Tensh_iie, I agree with caroline - you need to calm down. I don't quite understand what you mean about the picture.

I'll take a better look at your profile tomorrow when I actually get on a computer, as all the work / advice has been done on my iPhone :)
I am done, I'm just frustrated. I am sorry!

Dan said:
First Tensh_iie, I agree with caroline - you need to calm down. I don't quite understand what you mean about the picture.

I'll take a better look at your profile tomorrow when I actually get on a computer, as all the work / advice has been done on my iPhone :)
I tried to edit the css table of various previously installed themes, but there is still some parts of the original LP theme, best example are the tables. I can't change their colours..I guess the LP theme is sticky. I managed to get a custom background, but only behind the tables.... But I found a way to move the whole table a bit lower (see my profile)

I tried with position:fixed for the background but nada nothing happened.

Well I'm satisfied with mine, Maybe I'll try to upload a header with more than 955px width and 2400px height

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service