Hello everyone,

I just bought linkin park's new remixes album "recharged" and I hate to say that after being a fan for more than 10 years now but I didn't enjoy it at all, I feel like it was a kind of Linkin Park meet will.I.am but badly executed. I do feel let down by Linkin park and never thought I would feel like that.

In my eyes this cd was a mistake, all the songs from "Living things" were brilliant there was no point doing remixes of them. I would of prefered waiting longer for a new album than for some kind of poor remixes. 

I hate saying bad things about linkin park but the truth is when Mike Shinoda said things like "I said i'll never do another album of remixes" he was right cause that one is a total mistake and thats a shame cause they are so talented. 

I really do feel let down by linkin park for other reasons aswell, the price of the LPU is around 60$ against 30$ the past few years. You don't even get more privileges, it's even worse! I signed up for LPU11 and paid 60$ for a pair of foamy stuff to put in my ears, a t-shirt, a flag and my card of fan. No CD, nothing else...and I'm not even talking of "meet & greet"...So what happens if they are not on tour the year where you sign up?? Well Linkin park might say that there still the live chat on the LPU website...Yeah I was online for a chat with Brad delson, he was online for 30min or so, and for chester it was around 15 min. 

Linkin park seems to think their fans are all richs and can afford to pay 60$ for 1 year LPU, and if you want something collector like shoes or something it's around 180$. I'm not even talking of 380£ for the limited edition of Recharged! I say W...

They forgot what was really important, no guys it's not the money but your fans cause it's because of us and our support that you are where you are now. Without us right you'd be nothing more than us...

Tags: Recharged

Views: 278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey . .My friend the firs you gotta come down . .& I wanna start from your last says. . Of curse they are who they are cause of the others . . that's clear & no need to mention, cause we all need each other  to something happens so they tried hard to make people like their sound & they know it already . . & about the remix Album. . I gotta say , In my Opinion the Album is so fine but yea out of their styles but it's good. cause if you wanna love LP you have to love their Thoughts . . I always make example of mike's words He said a good thing at making of "Minute To Midnight" back in 2006-7 . . When he were in studio - He said If you can make better music get your ass in studio & do your own cause that''s All i got, - this is what we need to respect . . this is LP same guys so whatever they release is theirs & it's mike's mind so we need to love it & Figure it out what it wants to say . .cause why I the Album is good ? cause you know my friend ? CHANGES ARE HARD, people always scare to make a change into their lives but , that's what LP doing MAKING CHANGES, 

you can feel it in all album different gen style of Music, they were brave enough to always change into something new. . & it was a new kind of remix of them & we need to be fine with that. . & Mike always saying "We always looking for something new, we'll never repeat something we created before" Also I hope you don't be part of those FAKE FANS to say LP this , LP that, LP need to comeback we want Hybrid Theory . . Blah Blah Blah . . people Just living Their lives & they don't know how LP trying hard day to night & night to day to make their songs & we need to find out what we want from Music ? LP or Just kind of rock , metal or heavy Punk metal music ? if we want to Just kind of rock music . . we need to choice another bands cause there's BILLION rock bands in History but LP . . loving LP is difficult . . cause LP is about making all kind of Musics . . LP is about creating music , is about changes. is about being new. . that's what Mike wanted always to do same from Pasadena times . . He;s the first guy who putting HIP HOP into ROCK or Also LP is the first band in History who have DJ & using Digital sounds & beats. . The funny thing is Alot people even didn't Understood what ATS wants to say. . ANYWAY all i'm saying .. . if you really proud to say you're a soldier of LP for 10 years you gotta Love everything they making with no excuse . . cause whatever they release is MIKE'S BRAIN, CHESTER'S BRAIN, BRAD'S BRAIN,JOE'S BRAIN, DAVE'S BRAIN & ROB'S BRAIN. . you love these guys ? you have to love what they making cause if you really be with them . . you would understand their thoughts & the reason of why they creating this or that. . cause LP won't release & create something without A reason :) 

Good Luck :) 

Please stop complaining, its very annoying. No one forced you to sign up to LPU or made you buy any of that stuff. Its your choice. If you want to buy everything they put out out there, thats your decision.

The reason why I like Linkin Park (and have done so since Hybrid Theory) is because they are willing to take musical risks.

I brought Recharged yesterday, and have only had time to listen to the whole album once. On first listen, I would say this risk didn't pan out. I will give it another few listens as it may grow on me but I am not entirely sure that it will. It has nothing to do with dubstep, its just that the artists invited to work on the tracks didn't do a good job (on first listen). The tracks sound too similar and it doesn't seem to have anything that stands out (except Lost In The Echo but even that is not as well executed as it should be). Listening to this in one sitting is highly likely to induce headache as it is not headphone friendly. I realised that on the train home from work, its something likely to be played very loud at a club.

Reanimation was a fantastic album and I think it has been harshly judged by both fans and critics. I am glad they did put Recharged out there, even if I don't like it after a few more listens. It just shows they care about trying new things.

I am always willing to buy an LP album as I know that musically there will be something innovative in there. I was not a fan of Minutes to Midnight, and for me it sits as one of their less risky productions. A Thousand Suns blew my mind the same way Hybrid Theory and Meteora did. Living Things felt more subtle in terms of evolution and was still a great album (best track on there: Until It Breaks). I have always liked their singles less than everything else on their albums (probably because they are the most mainstream and least creative musically)

In my opinion the true test of whether or not a piece of music is incredible is whether you cans still listen to it in 10 years and still think it sounds great. Reanimation stands that test of time for me as I still have it on my i pod after all this time, when other things have been shafted for new music.

I also brought Hesitation Marks this week (great album after about 4 listens), and whilst I feel like Everything is one of the worst NIN tracks ever written, the Autolux remix is freekin awesome. Just shows reworking songs is a useful exercise as it can actually make something bad good.

Also just to address your last comment "Without us right you'd be nothing more than us..." - you dont have a very high opinion of yourself from the sound of that comment. You should value yourself more - and if you dont, please dont drag the rest of us down with you. They are human just like us, when you put people on a pedestal you are only bound to be disappointed when they reveal how human they are (i.e. taking a risk that didn't pan out).

Chill out and take it for what it is - people trying to continue making interesting music because they enjoy doing that. If you don't like it, don't listen and just wait for the next album. They will continue taking risks, so maybe you will like the next one instead,

Thank you Matthew Color, you said all what I wanted to.

Matthew Color said:

Hey . .My friend the firs you gotta come down . .& I wanna start from your last says. . Of curse they are who they are cause of the others . . that's clear & no need to mention, cause we all need each other  to something happens so they tried hard to make people like their sound & they know it already . . & about the remix Album. . I gotta say , In my Opinion the Album is so fine but yea out of their styles but it's good. cause if you wanna love LP you have to love their Thoughts . . I always make example of mike's words He said a good thing at making of "Minute To Midnight" back in 2006-7 . . When he were in studio - He said If you can make better music get your ass in studio & do your own cause that''s All i got, - this is what we need to respect . . this is LP same guys so whatever they release is theirs & it's mike's mind so we need to love it & Figure it out what it wants to say . .cause why I the Album is good ? cause you know my friend ? CHANGES ARE HARD, people always scare to make a change into their lives but , that's what LP doing MAKING CHANGES, 

you can feel it in all album different gen style of Music, they were brave enough to always change into something new. . & it was a new kind of remix of them & we need to be fine with that. . & Mike always saying "We always looking for something new, we'll never repeat something we created before" Also I hope you don't be part of those FAKE FANS to say LP this , LP that, LP need to comeback we want Hybrid Theory . . Blah Blah Blah . . people Just living Their lives & they don't know how LP trying hard day to night & night to day to make their songs & we need to find out what we want from Music ? LP or Just kind of rock , metal or heavy Punk metal music ? if we want to Just kind of rock music . . we need to choice another bands cause there's BILLION rock bands in History but LP . . loving LP is difficult . . cause LP is about making all kind of Musics . . LP is about creating music , is about changes. is about being new. . that's what Mike wanted always to do same from Pasadena times . . He;s the first guy who putting HIP HOP into ROCK or Also LP is the first band in History who have DJ & using Digital sounds & beats. . The funny thing is Alot people even didn't Understood what ATS wants to say. . ANYWAY all i'm saying .. . if you really proud to say you're a soldier of LP for 10 years you gotta Love everything they making with no excuse . . cause whatever they release is MIKE'S BRAIN, CHESTER'S BRAIN, BRAD'S BRAIN,JOE'S BRAIN, DAVE'S BRAIN & ROB'S BRAIN. . you love these guys ? you have to love what they making cause if you really be with them . . you would understand their thoughts & the reason of why they creating this or that. . cause LP won't release & create something without A reason :) 

Good Luck :) 

Please be careful, you see that Recharged is of poor quality (now your judgement on Linkin Park is negative) so your brain will revoke all the good things about them, and will generalize the bad things searching here and there to support your view .You started talking about Recharged so why did you inculde LPU in the subject?

Linkin Park didn't  force you to join LPU ,you you chose to be a member of the club so you've to assume your choice responsibility.

First of all, if some of you find my post annoying well you don't have to answer it. After it was just MY own opinion of "Recharged". As far as I know I never said "WE" but "I" in my message, so don't start saying that I'm draging every one down with me. I love LP since 10 years now and still will even after "Recharged". I do respect the fact that LP fans might like / love "Recharged" but it's not my case, so I don't see why I shouldn't be free to talk about my opinion. Everybody got different opinions on "Recharged" so what? It's not a reason to say that people who doesn't like this record are complaining or annoying. I was also free to include the LPU in the subject if I wanted to I don't see where theres a problem with that. I know no one forced me to join the LPU but it wasn't as great as it sounded and not as good as it used to be, once again it's MY only opinion I don't force anybody to agree.

To the one who said "you dont have a very high opinion of yourself from the sound of that comment" I do have a good opinion of myself, once again I don't see why I should have bad comments about myself when I was just being honnest. During the last 10 years they did different kinds of records and they changed and it's all good I don't have any problem with that. They are trying new things and theres nothing wrong with that. But I do have the right to say that I don't like it and you guys have the right to say you like it.

Now for the LPU, my point was that I don't think it's a brilliant idea to double the price of the membership to give you less then you used to. If you can afford it well thats good for you but no everyone can.

My post was an honnest opinion, nothing mean about it.

I know that you love Linkin Park,this is why you're here.

Didn't you write that message to be discussed,so why did you say"if some of you find my post annoying well you don't have to answer it", does it mean that only the ones who have the same opinion as you are allowed to reply to your discussion? You gave yourself the right to criticize Recharged and as you see that you're free to talk about your opinion the others have the right to criticize your message too.It was just their own opinion of "your posting".

"I was also free to include the LPU in the subject....", it seems that you misunderstood me, when I asked you that question my aim wasn't to get even with you for what you said but to explain to you what I wrote before and make it proved,if you understood my message wrongly,I would apologize.Well,let's suppose this:if your opinion about Recharged was different(was
positive) would you talk about LPU,even if you did it,would you say the same thing?!just think about it.
Talking about LPU,you said:"it wasn't as great as it sounded and not as good as it used to be", so you agree with me that
this sentence wasn't necessary "They forgot what was really important, no guys it's not the money but your fans cause it's because of us and our support that you are where you are now. Without us right you'd be nothing more than us" because they know that they've fans worldwide so automatically they know that they've fans from poor countries:http://mikeshinoda.com/2011/06/28/why-dont-you-care-about-me-the-vo.... By the way,I'm not an LPU member,at least you had the chance to join it and to be able to chat with the band,you have to thank God for that.

Finally,I want to make something clear:the purpose of these discussions is not to blame each others and prove who is wrong
and who is right but to prosper together through exchanging ideas.
Thanks.

Oh well! I liked Recharged with open arms!

I've had more time to listen to Recharged. Parts of this album are really good for working out at the gym. I have mixed feelings about it,

Yeah I would've had the same opinion on the LPU with or without Recharged, I had this opinion since they double the price and gave u less things. Yeah I'm a fan of linkin park since a LONG time now but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with everything they do or say. I'll still be a fan after recharged it doesn't change anything to me. I respect the fans who no matter what they do are going to love and defend it. But then you have to respect the fact that people can have an opinion different than urs. I was just being honnest and if all u've got for being honnest is getting shot I don't see the point...As I said it was MY opinion and MINE only.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service