Mike you're rhymes are awesome, nasty actually. I ask for 2 minutes of your time, this is simply constructive criticism on what I have put together from friends, and reading forums on sites.

Title says it all. Mike you put your stamp all over this album. I'm in my mid 20's, been a fan since before Hybrid Theory when I saw you guys local. Everybody evolves, but it doesn't mean they stay good (However, Wretches and Kings is a classic, I must admit done very well).

1) This album sounds more like a documentary, not music to put on in the car.

2) Most drum techniques Rob has shown in the past, have been replaced by piano, except for a song that sounds like Tarzan is going to break through and spit a verse.

3) Chester's only full song he sounds like an absolute moran. Creative yes, but comedic.

4) You guys are beating a dead horse with the piano thing.

5) The booklet that comes with the album, the "preface" is written so well, it makes it sound like the elements of this album are no a whole nother level. It sounds like a bunch of noise.

6) Chester Bennington - quit Linkin Park, your singing and screaming is the best in the buisness and this album doesn't do you justice.

7) Minutes to Midnight showed off individual skills of the guitar, drums, singing, rapping. Awesome rifts, creativity all over the place. This is electronic sloppyness with unorthodox melodies that lack any susbstance.

8) Live in concert you guys are the best band in the world and prove with the doubters on Minutes to Midnight you can make different sounds work - but live this album does not even interest people to sing mellow songs with "Ohhh Ohh Ohhh's" all over and slow piano parts.

Congratulations on making everything really really weird with your music LP. Rob, sorry you don't get the credit you deserve with your drums either, except the Tarzan song.

Half of this album will be played at my local church I think with all of the piano & unison singing. I am embarassed to blast it in the car. Christian Rock hits harder. \

YOU GUYS WERE ALREADY ORIGINAL - not saying you need to stay the same, but you all (especially Shinoda) hyped the hell out of this album and it honestly is an utter dissapointment. 

It hurts me to bash you guys, and I apologize but for the first time I feel as if my money was wasted on this album. Thanks for your time Mike.

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

prove sum good points..mike aint gonna respond bro, he never does...unless its a new game or album..i do wish there was a track u could just put up and let loose too (bleed it out, given up, no more sorrow from M2M) ...i hear ya bro..oh well ..maybe Obama quotes make the next album haha
haha Shinoda will not respond to your post nice try though lol ...but Linkin Park's new album leaves a whole lot to be desired, I agree. I actually just joined to express my sorrows of a once promising band that has teased us with these videos in the stuido, but has seemed to be caught up in trying to out do themselves, resulting in an utter failture of an album.
And I also want to ask, how many fans think that their concerts will be less interesting since they will have to cut out many of the songs we've come to love and replace them with the newer stuff...sucks.
Brad play Guitars xD, idiot. You not know nothing of Linkin Park.
even I totaly disagree with what James said, but what u think Brad do than (hehe, he is the lead guitarist), so please don't act like u know everything about LP.

Gabriel Gonzalez said:
Brad play Guitars xD, idiot. You not know nothing of Linkin Park.
LP completely sold out with the new album, i'd for most part agree with this post.
Haha my mistake, I did notice that, fixed it my mistake. I don't know if "sold out" is what I would call it, but the album is no good and most fans are forcing themselves to like it, even based on the chat here. It's "good" and it's "different" or "creative"...most are not saying it is awesome and it is exactly what Linkin Park is...it is dissapointing.

"Mike you're rhymes are awesome, nasty actually. I ask for 2 minutes of your time, this is simply constructive criticism on what I have put together from friends, and reading forums on sites."

In other words, "constructive criticism" derived from knee-jerk reactions and uninformed opinions. Good job.

ROTFL!! You call this melodramatic pile of trash "Constructive criticism"? Jesus, what a farce. How could Mike take you seriously when you are simply flaming the band?

"Chester Bennington - quit Linkin Park, your singing and screaming is the best in the buisness and this album doesn't do you justice."

I don't remember Chester making you his mouthpiece, so making a statement like that is just plain egotism and arrogance.

"Congratulations on making everything really really weird with your music LP. Rob, sorry you don't get the credit you deserve with your drums either, except the Tarzan song."

Are you having a laugh? You didn't listen to "Iridescent", "The Catalyst", "Waiting For The End" or "Burning in the Skies" properly. LOL, Rob is prominent on all those tracks.

"Half of this album will be played at my local church I think with all of the piano & unison singing"

Funny. Church might be a new place for Linkin Park, but credit where credit's due, they shunned commercial music, unlike Meteora where every song could have been a radio rock hit.

"YOU GUYS WERE ALREADY ORIGINAL - not saying you need to stay the same"

That is just totally contradictory, you don't run their lives or their music. So suggesting to them what is/is not "original" is just very egocentric.

why did i even read this?? i love every song that they perform, LP till the end.
Waa waa waa. another HT fan boy who can't let it go!
I still wish their next album will be Nu Metal or some sort of hard rock... I don't hate A Thousand Suns, mind you. I just loved their old stuff.

I am with you james....I love LP ... but this album is just not it... May be they should focus on making good music rather than being creative (out of the box) all the time.

But this happens to every band... no band can have all their albums good... May be the next one will be a killer..

This one is a waste of money except for waiting for the end and wretches and kings

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service