Mike you're rhymes are awesome, nasty actually. I ask for 2 minutes of your time, this is simply constructive criticism on what I have put together from friends, and reading forums on sites.

Title says it all. Mike you put your stamp all over this album. I'm in my mid 20's, been a fan since before Hybrid Theory when I saw you guys local. Everybody evolves, but it doesn't mean they stay good (However, Wretches and Kings is a classic, I must admit done very well).

1) This album sounds more like a documentary, not music to put on in the car.

2) Most drum techniques Rob has shown in the past, have been replaced by piano, except for a song that sounds like Tarzan is going to break through and spit a verse.

3) Chester's only full song he sounds like an absolute moran. Creative yes, but comedic.

4) You guys are beating a dead horse with the piano thing.

5) The booklet that comes with the album, the "preface" is written so well, it makes it sound like the elements of this album are no a whole nother level. It sounds like a bunch of noise.

6) Chester Bennington - quit Linkin Park, your singing and screaming is the best in the buisness and this album doesn't do you justice.

7) Minutes to Midnight showed off individual skills of the guitar, drums, singing, rapping. Awesome rifts, creativity all over the place. This is electronic sloppyness with unorthodox melodies that lack any susbstance.

8) Live in concert you guys are the best band in the world and prove with the doubters on Minutes to Midnight you can make different sounds work - but live this album does not even interest people to sing mellow songs with "Ohhh Ohh Ohhh's" all over and slow piano parts.

Congratulations on making everything really really weird with your music LP. Rob, sorry you don't get the credit you deserve with your drums either, except the Tarzan song.

Half of this album will be played at my local church I think with all of the piano & unison singing. I am embarassed to blast it in the car. Christian Rock hits harder. \

YOU GUYS WERE ALREADY ORIGINAL - not saying you need to stay the same, but you all (especially Shinoda) hyped the hell out of this album and it honestly is an utter dissapointment. 

It hurts me to bash you guys, and I apologize but for the first time I feel as if my money was wasted on this album. Thanks for your time Mike.

Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i got to say i am a little disappointed in LP. They said that they want to go for a more mature sound.... i'm afraid they are going to turn into cold play. Not one song on OTS really got my blood moving.

Maybe Chester cant scream like he could 5 years ago. they cancel the concert in Cincinnati because Chester wasn’t up to it. (just a theory)

I just hope the next album is explosive or it could be their downfall

People hate the new LP, because they want another Hybrid Theory. People hate the new Green Day, because they want another Dookie. People hate the new Metallica, because they want another Black album. People hate the new Pearl Jam, because they want another Ten. People hate the new Radiohead, because they want another Pablo Honey, and the same complaint goes on and on. If you don't like their new stuff, you can always listen to their old albums.                                                                                                                                                                      

How exactly did they "sell out"?  Try an original constructive criticism if you dont like it instead of what lazy people say as a cop out.  Seriously, every fan or critic of a band's music uses "sell out" as a reason to not like it and it is way overused.  I think everyone has their own context when using this and I'd like to read yours.  Thanks.

Ted Belbin said:
LP completely sold out with the new album, i'd for most part agree with this post.
Perfect!  Well said.

Who Dat LP Fan said:

People hate the new LP, because they want another Hybrid Theory. People hate the new Green Day, because they want another Dookie. People hate the new Metallica, because they want another Black album. People hate the new Pearl Jam, because they want another Ten. People hate the new Radiohead, because they want another Pablo Honey, and the same complaint goes on and on. If you don't like their new stuff, you can always listen to their old albums.                                                                                                                                                                      

There is a point  of what you are saying.

I needed to listen the album several times before i loved it, its hard to get used to it especially after Hybrid Theory and Meteora but the full songs like Waiting for the End, The Catalyst, Iredecsent, ect.... are very good  and i love to listen them and sometimes(depend on my mood) even more than the older stuff.

Now for the negative part, its hard to critisize them because they can be very stubborn, and don't give a fuck about constructive critism. What was most frusstrating is: when you see the track list you think there are actually 15 songs, but a great part of it its just noises. The noises are for the theatratical part of the album, but in my opinion the should not replace any song for noises, if they want to give a message, fine, but its realy upset that you get less "full songs" from any other album. Thy made me feel that they have become lazy and make less songs than in  the past. I hope the next album will have the same abount of songs(not tracks) just like the first 3 albums.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service