Should Linkin Park go back to there original music style?

I've noticed that LP has changed their style of music in minutes to midnight, and I'm pretty sure that alot of you people have noticed it aswell. I'm just say'n that I think the style that they had in Hybrid Theory and Meteora is really awesome, their new stuff is good too, but it's more like rock now. Anyways, I guess what I'm say'n is LP's music shouldn't be labled, it should only be defined as Linkin Park!
Please comment and discuss with me. :P

Tags: Music, hybrid, meteora, random, theory

Views: 288

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I Totally agree with you! They arent in any genre. they are LINKIN PARK, no one can touch their music. Yes, their styles change but thats what the fans love (true fans). They dont follow the hits, they go with what they think sounds good. they have never been the band that wants to be on the Top 40... their new song is awesome and i cant wait to hear the new album!!! Although, I do think Meteora was the best (un-remix) cd they came out with, wasnt very impressed with M2M... didnt like the last few songs on there and I have never disliked a single song from them until that record... but thats what happens when you get a very creative group making music, not everyone is going to like every single song they put out. and thats why I look up to them!!
Yeah I guess that's true. This is the way I view their albums: Hybrid Theory was headbanger music big time for me, Meteora is my favorite because every song on the album was awesome! And the fact that the art was GENIOUS!, Minutes to Midnight was very inspirational to me, but I think they shoud have left out in between, I am so excited fo a thousand suns! Hope Mr. Hahn made a new instumental. :P

Dee <3 LP said:
I Totally agree with you! They arent in any genre. they are LINKIN PARK, no one can touch their music. Yes, their styles change but thats what the fans love (true fans). They dont follow the hits, they go with what they think sounds good. they have never been the band that wants to be on the Top 40... their new song is awesome and i cant wait to hear the new album!!! Although, I do think Meteora was the best (un-remix) cd they came out with, wasnt very impressed with M2M... didnt like the last few songs on there and I have never disliked a single song from them until that record... but thats what happens when you get a very creative group making music, not everyone is going to like every single song they put out. and thats why I look up to them!!
The problem with new LP is they are following pop culture, and it makes me sick. If they don't go back I hope they fail miserably from this day forward.

Andra Lazarevic said:
If it were up to me, then yes, they should. I am not really feeling MTM style (though there are a few great songs) and The Catalyst doesn't seem so promising, but I won't be quick to judge. But imagine that the rest of ATS is like the old stuff (though it surely isn't). I think I would cum upon hearing it.
I agree with you Danielle, i look up to them too, being a creative group, trying new sounds and not trying to be commercialized.
How did you know my name was danielle, benjamin???

Benjamin said:
I agree with you Danielle, i look up to them too, being a creative group, trying new sounds and not trying to be commercialized.
I think they should every once in a while, but I don't want to them to reused the same style over and over again. I do agree that changes aren't always good, but I just want them to try out different music styles every once in a while.
I joined LP fanlist after album Meteora came out. I dunno, was it due to the Meteora Project video that was included with album or was it Breaking the Habit that included me, but i surely know that LP guys are impressing me with their "holy" mission to make the difference and to make things better through their lyrics.
Someone here commented that M2M, and especially those last tracks are dissapointing.. well, I would say those last tracks are perfect to listen after hard day of work, driving home over highway in car. Silent, slow, but still same good LP pressing out after every rhyme and you feel the strenght of LP that we know from Meteora or surely - Hybrid Theory.
Every band needs some time to let the steam out and then again to compile something truly different, more holistic. A Thousand Suns seems to be different again, that is good. The Catalyst might be one of my new favorites after a while.
But one thing is sure, LP has never been mainstream rock. They sound different, whatever they are doing..
They should continue to go beyond the horizons of music and show that what they are doing is art and not just commercial mainstream bleh. I'm not insulting HT and Meteora. I happen to love those albums just as much as MtM. I just hope ATS will be artistic, creative, and mind-blowing.
YES THEY NEED TO CHANGE. OH MY GOD. I have always been a huge LP fan, they are the band that got me into music. I put hybrid theory and meteora on infinite loop for a good 2 years of my life. They were so unique sounding, with a Mike+Chester tag team, but now I feel like Chester just stole the show and forced the other bandmembers to follow his path. LP used to sound so unique, and the lyrics used to mean something. Now its just all garbage, it has no "distinguishing factor". Every day i pray that lp will see the error of their ways and at least make half an album that sounds like what made them famous, and what their earlier fans are craving.
How can you say they have not become commercialized after they did the Transformer Movies???
They accidentally commercialize in Twilight because of "Leave Out All The Rest".
They want to do something with their favorite thing so they wrote "New Divide", and they get in commercialize again.

About the topic, I'd say no. Why? Cause if they do what they did, they will be mainstream for SURE. Why? people musical taste is not the same as before, more and more people listen to oldschool LP-like music. Not so many people listen to a song like "The Catalyst" <= a fusion of Electro and rock, repetitive.

Look at the selling rate lol, if they made sth like HT-era, it would be a bomb right now. If I recall right, when LP step on the music world, almost any teenager at that age in my country claim themselves as LP fan without any knowledge about them <= it is better to have none of these fan.
I love all their albums the same. I think it would be boring when every album would sound the same. There are so many good kinds of music in the world. I`m gonna love them forever it dosen´t matter what kind of music.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service