Haha, what LP forum would be complete without this discussion?! And, since it's a new forum, I get to start it out on #1. Woohoo!
Soooo, Say What's On Your Mind!

Views: 711

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It took me a while. Tried accessing the old forums and got nowhere. Remembered the changes you guys had mentioned some time ago, and did a search. I can honestly say I didn't expect this kind of layout.

Does it make moderating easier?

Tiernan (Moderator) said:
Mwahahahaha! I was wondering if you'd make your way here!

Mike A said:
Jesus, this layout took me completely by surprise. Did not expect this at all.

Vhailor's dead. Mike A is reborn.
This is going to hurt. I'm sorry. I never wanted this... :$

But youuu..
BLAH. -.- Need a better week.
Yes and no. There is A LOT more to moderate! The photo section alone takes hours, but the forum section is easier. The whole site was a shock to me when I first saw it, and now I love it. I really like the blend between social networking and fansite. Do you think you'll stick around???

Mike A said:
It took me a while. Tried accessing the old forums and got nowhere. Remembered the changes you guys had mentioned some time ago, and did a search. I can honestly say I didn't expect this kind of layout.

Mike A said:

And...today I really hated my job. Without going into all teh details, it's like they don't even want you to try and better yourself. Why bother improving and expanding my abilities if it isn't going to reward me? Yes, it would be an accomplishment for the sake of accomplishment, but still. And there are people who do half the work I do and receive almost the same pay? Really?! Grrrrrr.
Poor Tiernan :(

Yes and no. There is A LOT more to moderate! The photo section alone takes hours, but the forum section is easier. The whole site was a shock to me when I first saw it, and now I love it. I really like the blend between social networking and fansite. Do you think you'll stick around??? Mike A said:

Mike A said:

And...today I really hated my job. Without going into all teh details, it's like they don't even want you to try and better yourself. Why bother improving and expanding my abilities if it isn't going to reward me? Yes, it would be an accomplishment for the sake of accomplishment, but still. And there are people who do half the work I do and receive almost the same pay? Really?! Grrrrrr.
Not really sure. I'll be back every now and then, but not as often. I've got tons of work and I've been neglecting Stace as of late - been playing Mass Effect 2 to death for nearly two weeks now and I'm pretty sure she's not happy about it - so I won't be spending too much time here.

I'm also just interested in making sure I've got a job since Xerox bought ACS.

Yes and no. There is A LOT more to moderate! The photo section alone takes hours, but the forum section is easier. The whole site was a shock to me when I first saw it, and now I love it. I really like the blend between social networking and fansite. Do you think you'll stick around???

Mike A said:

Mike A said:

I don't think my team members fully understand what the point of team meetings are. Work, in our department, is about being productive and sharing ideas on how to complete specific tasks in a timely manner while retaining maximum activity and productivity on each query so we can satisfy the vice-president and the requestors.

I'm not at all thrilled about this new Fun Committee. I enjoy hearing what people are working on, how they're working on it and how they are resolving it. I like getting new tidbits about specific requestors I might have to deal with a few weeks, months or years down the road.

I don't want to play fucking Management Lego or Communication Lego. Don't tell me that team-building and team cohesion is achieved by playing stupid games, because it isn't. It breaks the ice, but doesn't make you bond with anyone more efficiently than working on a project with someone.
Awww, thanks Dan! I decided to work from home today, so I feel a bit better about work.

Mike, I totally agree with you about supposed "fun" team building. We have weekly team meetings, and about once every 2 months they are effective. Otherwise, they turn into totally off topic free-for-alls and who-can-top-who stories. And ewwww, I hate when we have our offsite quarterly team meetings. There is always some kind of game where you have to be partially idiotic in order to win. Hell, even to participate!

I just wish that for once people would bring up the difficult topics that need to be discussed as a group. Sure, people are going to get angry, take something the wrong way, or feel insulted. But if we don't have the difficult conversations everything will continue to get swept under the rug and we'll never accomplish anything. I tried bringing up a tense subject at our last meeting. After about 5 minutes of attempting to explain my point and getting interrupted every 30 seconds, and then having everyone jump in at once, the director squashed the discussion until later. "Later" hasn't happened yet.

Okay, ugh, work ranting over with.
What do tigers dream of when they take their little tiger snooze?
Do they dream of mauling zebras, or Halle Berry in her Catwoman suit?
Don't you worry your pretty striped head,
we're gonna get you back to Tyson and your cozy tiger bed.
And then we're gonna find our best friend Doug,
and then we're gonna give him a best friend hug.

Doug, Doug, oh, Doug, Dougie, Dougie, Doug, Doug!

But if he's been murdered by crystal meth tweakers,
well, then we're shit out of luck.
I should hate Owl City. I really should.

I love him so much, though. His songs just make me happy on the inside. :D
LMAO I remember that movie moment!! One of the best in The Hangover.

Mike A said:
What do tigers dream of when they take their little tiger snooze?
Do they dream of mauling zebras, or Halle Berry in her Catwoman suit?
Don't you worry your pretty striped head,
we're gonna get you back to Tyson and your cozy tiger bed.
And then we're gonna find our best friend Doug,
and then we're gonna give him a best friend hug.

Doug, Doug, oh, Doug, Dougie, Dougie, Doug, Doug!

But if he's been murdered by crystal meth tweakers,
well, then we're shit out of luck.

Lagging in the back of my mind; who the heck thought "The greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything" would make a good fortune cookie? I say it's a MISfortune cookie. :p

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service