A few years ago, I was into cutting myself. I had been doing so for years. Meteora came out, and I didn't get it for a long time. When I finally got it, "Breaking the Habit", along with a girl's friendly support, gave me the strength to stop. I promised that girl i'd never cut again, and I've been cut-free for eight months. Also about two months ago, My band Shadow in the Light got a gig at a coffee shop, so I brought that same girl to watch (she's loves watching me play. She says that it shows her my soul, unfiltered and perfect). The last song we played was "Shadow of the Day", and at the end, I pulled her onstage and kissed her in front of everyone.

Today is our two month anniversary.

Tags: LP, Linkin, Park, Story

Views: 296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cmon, you just made Linkin Park the savers for emo cutters. :))
Good for you!

As for me, they didn't change my life directly. But I wouldn't know many people I know thanks to them.
"Cutters" is insensitive. People like me prefer "Self-harmists"
Well, I was thirteen at the time, and I'd just moved to Florida. I absolutely hated it. I spent most of my time at home in my room crying, writing, wishing I was back in Wisconsin. I'd already been casually listening to Linkin Park, but it wasn't until my parents walked in the door with Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and Minutes to Midnight in hand when they truly saved my life. I still self-harmed, but I had a sense of hope because of them that maybe one day things would be better, and I was also glad it seemed like at least someone knew what I was going through.

It's now been almost a year since I've self-harmed, and I haven't been truly suicidal since I was thirteen. Sure, there were other aspects that turned my life around, but the major one was Linkin Park coming into my life.
I was about 13 when I started in high school I absolutely hated it, I was picked and routinely bullied everyday. I sank into deep depression, I started to cut myself too. I listened to Linkin Park religiously, it felt they were the only ones who understood me. I hated myself, and I was mean and mad at my parents all of the time. I loved and still do love LP's emotion that they bring out in their songs. My dad accidently saw the cuts on my arms... and said he'd sort the bullies out and I went to therapy for about seven months. Then I went to get the scars lazer removed in late 2006, (no more scars anymore), haven't cut since mid 2006, and I don't plan to do so for the rest of myself, so in a way LP saved me from myself.
I didn't get laser scar removal. I keep them there to remind myself of what I was.

Samuel said:
I was about 13 when I started in high school I absolutely hated it, I was picked and routinely bullied everyday. I sank into deep depression, I started to cut myself too. I listened to Linkin Park religiously, it felt they were the only ones who understood me. I hated myself, and I was mean and mad at my parents all of the time. I loved and still do love LP's emotion that they bring out in their songs. My dad accidently saw the cuts on my arms... and said he'd sort the bullies out and I went to therapy for about seven months. Then I went to get the scars lazer removed in late 2006, (no more scars anymore), haven't cut since mid 2006, and I don't plan to do so for the rest of myself, so in a way LP saved me from myself.
I was the kid that had low-self confidence and I only had a few friends. I had thoughts of giving up and just ending my life for a while back then. I went over to one of my close friends (He was the only real friend I had,he is still my best friend to this day) and he was listening to this amzing music I had never heard before. So I asked him, "What is this band called?" and he told me,"Linkin Park." So I asked him for a copy of the cd and he gave me one. It was of Meteora,I would listen to tha album everyday until I knew every word. Then I got Live in Texas and Reanimation as the years went by. After a while my confidence went up,I gained more friends,and I began to love life. Now I am 15 I know every Linkin Park song,they are still my fav band,and I love my life. All thanks to Linkin Park! I love you guys!
At a first glance into my life, it doesnt seem as though LP changed it.. but to tell the truth they gave me an identity, getting me to explore different tastes and meet new people out of the little world that I lived in and lived according to the people around me....because of them, I know myself a lot better and look to their music as an inspiration every time :)
While the music hasn't changed my life directly, it has helped me through a lot of rough spots in my life. In high school, I would listen to either Linkin Park or My Chemical Romance to help get over my loneliness. When I'm mad at somebody (usually my mom), I play One Step Closer or Hit the Floor to calm myself. Also, I had a job interview about half a month ago or so, and before I walked into that building, I listened to With You to help get over my nerves. I think I did pretty good.

so nice!

hear what ive done

is gorgeous

i have my story too

one day i was disscusing with my mom and i had some problems and i was underpressure

i got so mad and sad that i got a knife and i was about to cut my self  to die but i remembered my boyfriend (in that time ) and i stopped i never hurt my self and thanks of him im still here

Linkin Park saved my life when my own mom said that I'm not normal and that she thinks i have a mental problem. She always compared me to smarter people. She kept on saying those as my self-esteem continues to lower. I got into a deep depression. I googled everything about mental problems and it's symptoms. And I believe that I am Bipolar. I shared with my friends and it seemed like they didn't even care. One night,I thought of committing suicide and i was crying so hard that i was already shaking. But then,i saw my ipod and tried to calm down and listened to Shadow Of The Day. After listening to it,i felt calm and better. I had a better point-of-view in life. Gave me the strenght to face my problems and to build up hope. That is how Linkin Park saved my life.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service