I have seen a loooooooot of people hatin on the new linkin park, and saying that they should go back to meteora and hybrid theory...  as i agree that these albums are amazing i still think that their new style is better... if linkin park stayed at Meteora and hybrid theory style they would be like any ordinary rockband, but what Linkin park is doing is that they are making music worth noticing... i would guess that everyone in the world has heard of linkin park because of their unique style and art :D now that that is said, i have a question: What is your opinion on linkin park now after they have realeased several clips of catalyst? Do you think that their music are great like always or do you think that they should stick to Hybrid theory and meteora?                                                                   Now to talk about the catalyst. I FUCKIN LOVE IT. i love how linkin park has made a song that sounds so awesome. the lyrics for this song is so fuckin good: God bless us everyone, we're a broken people, living under loaded gun.... How fuckin awesome aint that? But as i said :D please respond what you think about LP and their style now :D

Peace out

Dawg :D

Tags: Linkin, park

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Linkin Park's sound from Hybrid Theory, Reanimation and Meteora is distinctive. Nobody else sounds like that, largely due to Chester's superhuman voice powers, but even without Chester, older LP stuff has this certain sound/formula that many of us believe was not broken, and so did not require fixing. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." No other band sounded like Linkin Park. Limp Bizkit almost did as it's obvious there was some inspiration there but Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park never sounded exactly the same.

It seems to me that Minutes to Midnight doesn't sound distinctive like that. Green Day or some other band could have recorded those same songs and I think it wouldn't have been all that much worse, and quite possibly better. Except "No Roads Left" which was better than anything on the actual album. I'm glad Mike is singing more now, I think that is one thing that was did get "fixed" on M2M.

"They changed their sound" is a good enough reason in and of itself for anyone to dislike Minutes to Midnight if the older sound is what you liked. Myself, I'm into the hip hop, electronic, turntablism stuff more than the metal stuff. Where did the hip hop energy go? I guess "The Rising Tied" sucked it all up and there wasn't enough left for M2M. And where the hell did Mr. Hahn go? I hear some little scratches in "What I've Done" but other than that, he seems to be missing or just isn't emphasized enough. They should get the cowboy hat and lab coat out if they have to but get him more involved somehow! We want more "Cure for the Itch" stuff :)

Another valid reason to dislike Minutes to Midnight is the "Parental Guidance" sticker. Hybrid Theory and Meteora didn't need radio edits, they were true art. They just didn't need explicit language to make a strong impression on the listener. Reanimation had a few non-radio friendly words but all of those just sort of came out naturally just cause that's what people say. They weren't SCREAMED AT THE TOP OF CHESTER'S LUNGS as the climax of a song because somebody was running out of ideas.

Another valid reason to dislike.Minutes to Midnight is that Mike dragged his partisan politics into it. I don't care whether you agree or disagree with LP's political position, but I think you should be able to see why the fact that the band now has a political position at all is a turn-off to some people.

Also, I think Mike went somewhat back on his word, because in "High Road" he said, "I'm not changing direction, I'm stepping my game up. Maintaining my name, the same way I came up." Then what did Linkin Park do right after that? Changed direction. Brought in Rick Rubin who basically does the same exact stuff Mike has been dissing for years. Is it too much to ask for some consistency?

I love the 8-bit Rebellion concept even though I don't have an iPhone.

The Catalyst lyrics aren't bad (meaning the actual words) though I find the sequence of notes somewhat tuneless. It alternates between just two notes for way too long. I didn't enter the contest because I just wasn't feeling those vocals. The piano and drums parts were very good though.

Despite all this, I'm hopeful about the new album "A Thousand Suns." I've been following Mike's blog and he keeps naming my favorite classic and progressive rock bands as inspirations for it so it should be interesting. Won't be like the old sound I don't expect and it'll probably have more political preaching and a PG sticker but it probably won't sound just like M2M either so who knows. It's a roll of the die.

Anyway my point is there are legit reasons why many fans of Linkin Park's older stuff don't like Minutes to Midnight.
Oh and I forgot to mention Collision Course. Collision Course is like a joke to me. And I'm not even dissing it because it's a funny joke. I think it sounded totally hilarious and I especially loved "Izzo / In The End." I don't much care for Jay-Z's rapping but his beats are awesome and Linkin Park's lyrics sound great over them.
Dude thank you those were my thoughts exactly. I could care less if the band changed things up a little bit, but they went from being themselves to being a meh band that sort of blends in with the background. Also where is the creative artwork that I've loved throughout their albums? Now it looks like a rip off of Nine Inch Nails.

Honestly Catalyst just fell flat for me. The piano part was the only thing I liked about it.

Nerd Fourty-Two said:
Linkin Park's sound from Hybrid Theory, Reanimation and Meteora is distinctive. Nobody else sounds like that, largely due to Chester's superhuman voice powers, but even without Chester, older LP stuff has this certain sound/formula that many of us believe was not broken, and so did not require fixing. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." No other band sounded like Linkin Park. Limp Bizkit almost did as it's obvious there was some inspiration there but Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park never sounded exactly the same.

It seems to me that Minutes to Midnight doesn't sound distinctive like that. Green Day or some other band could have recorded those same songs and I think it wouldn't have been all that much worse, and quite possibly better. Except "No Roads Left" which was better than anything on the actual album. I'm glad Mike is singing more now, I think that is one thing that was did get "fixed" on M2M.

"They changed their sound" is a good enough reason in and of itself for anyone to dislike Minutes to Midnight if the older sound is what you liked. Myself, I'm into the hip hop, electronic, turntablism stuff more than the metal stuff. Where did the hip hop energy go? I guess "The Rising Tied" sucked it all up and there wasn't enough left for M2M. And where the hell did Mr. Hahn go? I hear some little scratches in "What I've Done" but other than that, he seems to be missing or just isn't emphasized enough. They should get the cowboy hat and lab coat out if they have to but get him more involved somehow! We want more "Cure for the Itch" stuff :)

Another valid reason to dislike Minutes to Midnight is the "Parental Guidance" sticker. Hybrid Theory and Meteora didn't need radio edits, they were true art. They just didn't need explicit language to make a strong impression on the listener. Reanimation had a few non-radio friendly words but all of those just sort of came out naturally just cause that's what people say. They weren't SCREAMED AT THE TOP OF CHESTER'S LUNGS as the climax of a song because somebody was running out of ideas.

Another valid reason to dislike.Minutes to Midnight is that Mike dragged his partisan politics into it. I don't care whether you agree or disagree with LP's political position, but I think you should be able to see why the fact that the band now has a political position at all is a turn-off to some people.

Also, I think Mike went somewhat back on his word, because in "High Road" he said, "I'm not changing direction, I'm stepping my game up. Maintaining my name, the same way I came up." Then what did Linkin Park do right after that? Changed direction. Brought in Rick Rubin who basically does the same exact stuff Mike has been dissing for years. Is it too much to ask for some consistency?

I love the 8-bit Rebellion concept even though I don't have an iPhone.

The Catalyst lyrics aren't bad (meaning the actual words) though I find the sequence of notes somewhat tuneless. It alternates between just two notes for way too long. I didn't enter the contest because I just wasn't feeling those vocals. The piano and drums parts were very good though.

Despite all this, I'm hopeful about the new album "A Thousand Suns." I've been following Mike's blog and he keeps naming my favorite classic and progressive rock bands as inspirations for it so it should be interesting. Won't be like the old sound I don't expect and it'll probably have more political preaching and a PG sticker but it probably won't sound just like M2M either so who knows. It's a roll of the die.

Anyway my point is there are legit reasons why many fans of Linkin Park's older stuff don't like Minutes to Midnight.
On the artwork issue: Yeah well, you can't expect them to be like Insane Clown Posse who have a different clown face on every album cover, where instead they'd just have a different robot on every cover :) I don't wanna diss Mike's art too badly but I must say I did rather like when he was drawing soldiers and robots better than this newer postmodernist abstract stuff.
Oh I'm all for the abstract stuff but it just again takes away from what I felt made the band stand out. It's more of the graffiti art style that I loved about LP. It showed in Fort Minor's Rising Tide but seemed to completely disappear in LP.

Nerd Fourty-Two said:
On the artwork issue: Yeah well, you can't expect them to be like Insane Clown Posse who have a different clown face on every album cover, where instead they'd just have a different robot on every cover :) I don't wanna diss Mike's art too badly but I must say I did rather like when he was drawing soldiers and robots better than this newer postmodernist abstract stuff.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service