The music video I directed for "The Catalyst" premieres tonight on MTV.com and VH1.com at midnight, EST. When coming up with the idea for the video, I thought of the end of the world. After you have a chance to watch it, let me know what you think. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts.

-Joe

Tags: Catalyst, The

Views: 1664

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ignore me, im so dumb :D found it on UK site!! wooo.
Ok..
its as epic as the song. They go together amazingly. must watch again.
great job Joe with video....just one question, where did one minute of your song go? :D
omg this is so exciting. I can't wait for the new album to come out here. eek!!
hurry up already
I saw the new video "the Catalyst" this morning. A great job you did, Joe! Congratulate!!! I really like the video and the new Linkin Park music-style. I am really nervous in waiting of your new album, to listen to it, what you guys was made/produced. But I guess I just can say or claim that it will be great...I believe in you guys!!! Lovely greetings from Germany :P
The video is simply amazing Joe
But why it's only 4.42 and the song is 5.42? No problem about that cause it's great
Thanks very much
Hi Joe,
Great video, dude! Love it...very unique...as always you are all my fav band!! LP rocckkzzz!! I even put yr Catalyst link in my FB (facebook). Can't wait to see the whole album. Keep up the good job, Joe...:)
The Clip is realy cool Joe like always you have done a great job now I can't waift to here the album I hope The Catalyst is going to be on tv in Belgium a lot thanks LP for an other great song
okay so i got up at 5am to watch this video and hoped it would be worth it!

it was, totally. joe you've done it again!

the 'end of the world' idea worked really well with the lyrics of the song and it was really well directed/acted by the whole band, mike was especially believable with the acting side.
i liked the idea of chester in the water, (i saw it as him drowing, because of the whole end of the world thing, i don't know if that's how it was meant to be, but it was a good idea all the same!) and the set up with the smoke and powder, also the crumbling scenery etc. it all really held together the feeling of destruction/hopelessness/end of the world.
i loved the slow motion parts and i thought it was edited well together, too.

well done! :)
Awesome job, Joe. I think you really captured that. Drowning Chester in the dark water, hooded Mike in the lonely backseat, people running through desolate streets shrouded in this ghostly screen of green smoke: it was all so epic. JUST EPIC. And I've never seen Rob look so intense playing the drums. He was just slammin' the sticks down like "Arrgh! This angst!" lol All in all, definitely post-apocalyptic! =)
wow, everyone was talking about how dark it was and i was all like "huh, cool, whatever" but they weren't wrong.
the catalyst music video has a very dark feel to it but it isn't a bad sort of dark.
for some reason, it brings a whole new feel and meaning to the song but it also makes sense and fits perfectly with the song.
this truely is a Mr. Hahn masterpiece. well done.
great work!
Guys, you awesome as always.
Mike, your voice is beautiful, very-very-very glad to hear your singing.
Really video so abstract and so real at the same time.

“What would it look like and feel like if someone pushed the button to decide our fate? What would it feel like if we accepted our fate in the moment of devastation? If we had a final moment to celebrate our final living moments, how would that feel?" (c)
true words

we love you LP.
It is soo great as usual! Such a great vid! Great song! When I was watching it I thought it was very... dark - but in a good way ;) Simply amazing! xDD

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service