The music video I directed for "The Catalyst" premieres tonight on MTV.com and VH1.com at midnight, EST. When coming up with the idea for the video, I thought of the end of the world. After you have a chance to watch it, let me know what you think. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts.

-Joe

Tags: Catalyst, The

Views: 1664

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The video had great potential. I would say this video failed cause of its minor flaws. The primary flaw was that there were too many close ups. I have seen this in many martial arts films as well. We dont want to see the tip of afinger or in this case a drum stick. We want to see the subjects involved. A cool idea would have been to usethe camera in afly technique sense where you are far away and then you pan in. You lost out on alot of great and amazing shots by having everything close up. I hate when people do that. We want to see the action not flashes or little pieces of it. Its like there is the whole body but you choose to only capture the small little lint on the persons clothing come on. If there was more of a story line in here then just a bunch of abstract images sometims it would have been great. More use of the gas masked people would have been nice. A cohesive story not jumping from one thing to the next to the next. Anyway just my thoughts again amazing potential but you failed with aincohesive story too many changes to different parts and everything being close up. I fucking hate close ups people get it through your head pan out!
This video gives me a special feeling unlike other videos, which I see as a great success, BUT, towards the end it got more and more boring, just like if you reapeated some stuff. I know you didn't but it felt like it. In the video for "Somewhere I Belong" there wasn't much stuff going on, but still it felt powerful and special all the way through the video, and that's what's missing in this video. Besides that, I think you did a good job. :)
THE VIDEO IS AMAZING AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE LINKIN PARK LIVE AGAIN THIS YEAR THANK YOU SO MUCH
Great job, Mr. Hahn! This is an amazing video, which complements the music perfectly. Like everybody, I'm looking forward to ''A Thousand Suns''. Keep working!
so good.. I love you and I can't wait anymore to see you in Argentinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
so, what can I say? I like it. the video is different than the last, but it has also the typical sound and style of LP. I think, u grown up, guys! you have changed in a good way... I like it! I ´m so exited to see and hear u live in hamburg!!!

see ya -nic-
Maybe the point was to have lots of close ups? I loved seeing the drum sticks clear in amidst the chaos of the world ending - it made the sense of acceptance stronger for me; not fighting the situation, but continuing to play through it then succumbing, which seems to be part of what Joe mentions he wanted. Also I don't feel that a story line as it was, in my opinion, a vision of a moment, when the world starts to collapse. I think a story line wold have taken away some of the impact and focus of the lyrics. There is a great review of the video on the MTV website, which I think is particularly good at exploring how the video in part reflects the journey the band have been through to get to the point of completing this new album. We all have our view though, and I like that you bothered to really think about the video, not just say whether you liked it or not. :-)

Manny A.K.A. The Blue Phoenix said:
The video had great potential. I would say this video failed cause of its minor flaws. The primary flaw was that there were too many close ups. I have seen this in many martial arts films as well. We dont want to see the tip of afinger or in this case a drum stick. We want to see the subjects involved. A cool idea would have been to usethe camera in afly technique sense where you are far away and then you pan in. You lost out on alot of great and amazing shots by having everything close up. I hate when people do that. We want to see the action not flashes or little pieces of it. Its like there is the whole body but you choose to only capture the small little lint on the persons clothing come on. If there was more of a story line in here then just a bunch of abstract images sometims it would have been great. More use of the gas masked people would have been nice. A cohesive story not jumping from one thing to the next to the next. Anyway just my thoughts again amazing potential but you failed with aincohesive story too many changes to different parts and everything being close up. I fucking hate close ups people get it through your head pan out!
Hey!

I didnt really understand the part of the car, nevertheless i like the video and some of the shots and angles.

Im waiting to sept to listen to the whole cd, I hope and Im sure it will be as good as Minutes to Midnight :)
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT........ I'm so anxious to hear the whole album and hoping they can come to PR on tour...
pretty much represent the song. it show that something dark part of the song and yet show something beautiful. Awesome and epic work Joe. Mike really looks super cool and dark in the vid. keep it coming guys and looking forward to the album.
Oh my god, this video is brillant. i want the album immediatly!!!!!
Oh my God! The video,the song! Amazing! I just CAN'T wait until the new album is released! I will count the days till then! Awesome work guys!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service