The music video I directed for "The Catalyst" premieres tonight on MTV.com and VH1.com at midnight, EST. When coming up with the idea for the video, I thought of the end of the world. After you have a chance to watch it, let me know what you think. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts.

-Joe

Tags: Catalyst, The

Views: 1640

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DUDE I JIZZED IM MY PANTS WHEN I SAW THE VID TODAY ON MTV2!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
It was asome! love the video and the song keep up the good work guys
Joe I am a aspiring director trying to get in the get in the business and I really enjoyed how you used the smoke/fog to show just enough of the faces hidden in the fog. The parts with Chester singing half way in/ half way out was very interesting and cool. the music Video felt like they were trying find a way through or out of something either stuck in the water or breaking through the fog. Then the colored chalk or clay towards the end. Always liked your style not because I'm a fan but from an aspiring director to a director Great concept thoroughly enjoyed this video
was it hard to breath with all that smoke? It looks like :S

I loved the takes (?) and the use of slow motion. The video is very mysterious; it´s like something is hiding somewhere.

So amazing.
I thought the music video was bloody fantastic Joe. Congratulations! Everything looked great, the way it was shot, i loved the bits with Chester in the water. Looked like it was fun to make apart from having to breathe with all that smoke. Give yourselves a giant pat on the back:)
It was just okay, nothing special.
Hey Joe...you and all the guys you did a great job...the special effects were awesome!!!! the video is amazing and very original and different...!!!! you guys are awesome!!! keep up with the great work...and if you like what you do and you enjoy doing it don''t let the mean commentaries bring you down...:) make something good out of it,something constructive you'll always be my favorites...\m/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You guys are amazing!!!!!!!!! LINKIN PARK FOREVER!!!!! Love you guys...
The great music!
You are the best band in the world!!!!
The video was awesomesauce! Im waiting for the album!
this video got a an awesome concept to it...'know what i'm sayin'? I can't wait to pick up the new album in September. I'm definitely ready for LP to make its way back to the BAY AREA for another concert...LP keeps killin it and their fans keep lovin' it...YEEE!
When I first heard the song, I wasn't sure of what to make of it. It had an up-beat to it, but the lyrics made it seem as if it were an end of days kind of song. Now seeing the music video, I still feel that end of days feeling. The smokiness of the scenes made it seem as if they were enclosed in some sort of dense fire tortured area where all the people in the background are trying to figure out what to do. With the crumbling buildings that are already destroyed, I could feel a foreboding from you guys [the band] that your trying to find hope in what is all lost.
No comments... I love you! Nothing against Brad, Phoenix, Hahn and R. Bourdon, but I love you Mike and Chester!!!!!!!!!!! You guys must take some drug to can have these voices!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Mike: you scare me... you can play all that we can imaginate...how in the hell do you do this??????????? I don't care... I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not wasting ay money just to buy your new album...it'll be the best of all, mainly meteora ( i like it, but to me it's nothing near minutes to midnight and hybrid theory... even collision course and reanimation i think it's better, excluding faint, breaking the habit and numb)!!!!!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service