The music video I directed for "The Catalyst" premieres tonight on MTV.com and VH1.com at midnight, EST. When coming up with the idea for the video, I thought of the end of the world. After you have a chance to watch it, let me know what you think. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts.

-Joe

Tags: Catalyst, The

Views: 1640

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i luved it' especially d "playing with colors part"
in India we celebrate a festival Holi (festival of colors) during which we play wid colors juz lyk u guyz did in d catalyst video!!!!!

Awesome!!!!!!!
Joe,

Again another classic. Mature video for mature new but classic sound. . . Love the imagery and the song. A worldly example of that quiet small voice reminding us to stop and seriously reflect how our faith and behavior will affect our spirit in the end.

Looking forward to checking out what the album has to bring.
Some of the scenes (mainly the ones in the water, I believe) were a bit difficult to really know what I was seeing. When Chester starts singing his verse at approximately 50 seconds, would have been nice to see him, in fact, singing for more than a split second. Don't get me wrong, the scenes of him in the water are good- but there is just something extraordinary about seeing him sing. However, when he first has "when oceans bleed into the sky," that was great; I simply think the fact he was in transition from under water to above it while singing as if nothing was excellent.
Following immediately after was excellent as well. The short scenes of Brad Rob and Phoenix, seeing the surroundings of the world you created in the video, and the beginning of the 'sub-plot' with the masked figure suddenly appearing really hit well. The effects were good, a bit of (color inversion) and static.... The chaos that follows, the energy and somewhat dark vibe, the running crowds, decently paced scene changes were excellent. But to be honest, I didn't understand when Mike held up his hand and seemingly held up "1." The look on Mike's face when he dropped to the ground made me burst out laughing; could have been different, to tell you the truth, haha, just didn't seem to fit everything else.
OH, now at the verse "lift me up // let me go" Mike starts off- I was disappointed that we saw more of him singing in "The Making of The Catalyst" video then in the actual video. To hear and watch Mike full-on singing is something I would have loved to have seen more of. "In Between" doesn't have a video, so I had really been hoping to see him sing as much as shown in "The Making" video; and I mean up front. The shots from the side gave me chills- excellent! After that, nothing but amazing detail in the powder paint you used, and the scenes with you all singing and playing in the paint.... Just awesome. Would have liked to see more of you, too! The sound giving the main life to the song seems to be your doing, so it would been awesome seeing you work your talent.
All in all- honestly one of your best. Your creativeness with your videos just keeps growing with your music. I had never been so excited to see a music video, in the week or two that it was being promoted. Excellent video, Joe! That much more excited for the album itself. None of the other albums ever had me so anxious for the release. It really hurts that I can't afford to see you all in concert this year, or the next, since college has priority on my money, but I look forward to the day I can see your new songs performed with the old.
Thanks for all your hard work!
-Natasha
AWESOME
Hi joe

The video is just amazing!
I Love it! Say hey to the guys

Greetz Elien
~\(≧▽≦)/~
F*ck Yeah !! Can't Wait ATS !!! Joe Hahn Best Music Director !!!
I like it, Joe.. I liked the part when you play your turntable with a slow-motion.. That's very cool
Awesome as always.
The video is great, but it's the first LP song that I'm actually not enjoying listening... If this song wouldn't be created by LP, then it would be shi*ty (It's my opinion so don't get all very angry about it :)). But 'cause it's LP... this song is only poor :(
is was awwsome!!!!!!. i luved it! cant wait for the rest of the album
Great video, great music... great band !!! i love "the catalyst" !! I'm very impatient about the new album !!! thanks all of you for given the best of you !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service