The music video I directed for "The Catalyst" premieres tonight on MTV.com and VH1.com at midnight, EST. When coming up with the idea for the video, I thought of the end of the world. After you have a chance to watch it, let me know what you think. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts.

-Joe

Tags: Catalyst, The

Views: 1640

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you guys are not ONE OF THE BEST
you guys are just THE BEST
I have heard so many bands till now, but Linkin Park was my first choice from the very beginning
please do come to India, people are dying to have your visit here
KEEP ROCKING ;)
It was............ice cream sandwich!

(as Mike would say)
I luv this song and its a cool video!! LP Rocks xD
A-W-E-S-O-M-E... what a great composition, i like this brand new kind of LP's music...
Nice
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr8!!!! video.... i loved it... It was unique...
I dig the video a lot, I would have only done a few things different, added a little more turmoil with destruction of physical objects. However it looks like you used the powder from the wrestling jello to do the colors which is an amazing idea, the chaos of the smoke, colors cause you to think of the end of the world. Love the high-speed action adds a ton to it. Overall loved it....I say you hold a contest for a fan to help with the design of a video for one of the songs on the new album :D I will be sure to enter!
You want to hear my thoughts.. okay..
(don't worry.. only good things from me..)

I love it.. as I love all of you're videos.
When I first watched it, I thought things were a little out of place..
But when I kept watching it, it made perfect sense..
(basic video with the awesome and very understandable lyrics)..
Yes.. about the world ending, how society is becoming more and more afraid of itself..
violence, crimes, and being killed by firearms.. are becoming the all so unfortunate reality of the world.
The U.S. doesn't have it that bad compared to other countries.. (Colombia) but were still very bad.
I really like Mike's rapping.. "God bless us everyone, we're a broken people living under loaded gun.."
and "For the sins of our hand, the sins of our tongue, the sins of our father, the sins of our young.. noooo.."
and Chester's line... "like memories in cold decay, transmissions echoing away, far from the world of you and I, where ocean bleed into the sky.."

I mean.. wow I just like the whole song and video.. wow do you make that stuff up?!.. so beautiful..
It's poetry.. I'm not good at poetry.. I just listen and become captivated by others words and creations..

When I listened to the song a couple of times..
I thought of this crazy, awesome, fast paced video.. (with stock-footage)
But it also reminded me a lot of the In The End music video.. and the whole "lift me up, let me go" part..
Well.. I imagined light coming down on the band like out of The Lion King (my fav. Disney movie).. lol
So... the more I thought about how cool that would be.. I could see people would think that could be "anti-christian" whatever.. against people's religion stuff.. so maybe not that idea.. but it was awesome in my mind..

I'm glad you went with this more obvious, understandable, concept..

I like how to match Chester's bubbling, under water voice matches with him singing under water..
Mike looking all bad-ass and sexy in the car.. the colorful dust fight between the members..
the chaotic, rioting, crowd.. just everything.. as usual.. amazing.... =)
It's just everything you want to hear, huh?.. well I guess that's what I'm here for..

LP forever..

<333
it doesn't matter...........because as long as i ever know is LINKIN PARK'S video is always coooooooolllllllll&meanfull
I agree LP videos are awesome always because they are creative and the clip shows what the song is about.
The imagery... is breathtaking... poetry in motion...

The smoke, the ominous atmosphere, the glint of guitars, the crystal water, the interplay between chaos and calm... the haunting crescendo... the band members in sharp relief then fading to nothingness... the bleak despair...

A beautiful conception! Truly epic...
Catalyst is truely great. Something totally else than before. LP crew took this on the whole new level.
If got a question to you guys. When You will be in Poland again? Does the cooperation with Chesław from Świdnica will be so good for You that You will visit us again?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service