I have loved LP for 9 years, I was in 3rd grade, and over the years I listened to every cd they put out. Whether it be studio, remix, live.....anything! I had it. I memorized all their songs and watched the Live in Texas so much I damn near memorized Chester's moves on stage. I dealt with the BS of people saying they sucked and they weren't a real band, but I didn't care because they were MY favorite band. And then they gave me....excuse me...US they give US this...song???? Can it be called a song?? Or how bout we label it..."The sign that LP sold out...HARD!!!" What is up with this techno/electric vibe?? They used to be the definition of nu metal and creativity. All their songs were amazing and they had amazing energy on stage. Even when I was watching the Road to Revolution dvd I was like "Wtf are they wearing..." They are pop culture sellouts now and it's horrible
R.I.P LP I give up....
Born: May 1999 (Hybrid Theory EP) - Deceased: May 2007 (Minutes to Midnight)

Tags: Catalyst, LP, Linkin, Park, R.I.P, sellout

Views: 514

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's ok. The coding makes it hella hard. Maybe I should start a thread on it explaining it to everyone, since I had to help someone with it earlier. Myeah, this has given me a good idea. But I probably won't follow through with it. lol

lucy harris said:
sorry! :)

yea lp is so good!

Surbhit Awasthi said:
i don't think that lp sucks.....LP were rockstar,they r rockstar,ad they will be rockstar................love u LP
Look I appreciate all the feedback from both sides of the argument. (F*ck the flamers though). I'm glad that some agree with me and those who don't I respect you're opinion. Every man to his own right?
Anyway like I have said in previous posts I'm not bashing this whole album, because I haven't even heard it yet. I'm just basing my opinion on this one song for now. I was still going to check out the new album because as I said LP used to be my favorite band of all time and they have helped me through a lot of difficult sh*t in my life. And as it sits Catalyst is growing on me, but I still don't get that feeling that I used to get when LP came out with new material. A little piece of me feels a little betrayed because of how long I have been a fan.
So enough of the "stop bashing an album you haven't heard" because I never did that.
Dude,
Chill out man. I thought the music video "The Catalyst" was cool. Who else gives you a graphic image of the moment your vaporized at ground zero. LP makes you think. Remember, this is supposed to be entertaining so lighten up man.
Jimbo
I'm sorry but the music video isn't much better than the song. You see some fog, people running, Mike looking like a Jedi with his hood covering his eyes, Chester in some water scenes, and Hahn pounding his turntable. It was overall a weak video as I think it's also an overall weak song

Jim Graus said:
Dude,
Chill out man. I thought the music video "The Catalyst" was cool. Who else gives you a graphic image of the moment your vaporized at ground zero. LP makes you think. Remember, this is supposed to be entertaining so lighten up man. Jimbo
I MADE MY MUM LISTEN TO IT AND SHE CALLED IT 'EURO POP' HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
this song has 'amazing energy' and you call yourself a fan. Give it a few more listens loser. Alot of great comments on this on this discussion.
I personally love Catalyst. In a weird way.. in a way that i want to hear the two songs that go before and after it. I feel like its going to be a of a huge complete album so looking forward to that
its not the best video but what it gives is this atmosphere of end of the world, as EPIC as the song.
My only complaint is too many cuts of chesters double mouth in slow mo :P wanna see him singing

joseph said:
I'm sorry but the music video isn't much better than the song. You see some fog, people running, Mike looking like a Jedi with his hood covering his eyes, Chester in some water scenes, and Hahn pounding his turntable. It was overall a weak video as I think it's also an overall weak song

Jim Graus said:
Dude,
Chill out man. I thought the music video "The Catalyst" was cool. Who else gives you a graphic image of the moment your vaporized at ground zero. LP makes you think. Remember, this is supposed to be entertaining so lighten up man. Jimbo
whoa wth was that for? What was the reason for calling me a loser? And for your information I have listened to the song a good 20+ times

Nathan Viney said:
this song has 'amazing energy' and you call yourself a fan. Give it a few more listens loser. Alot of great comments on this on this discussion.
I personally love Catalyst. In a weird way.. in a way that i want to hear the two songs that go before and after it. I feel like its going to be a of a huge complete album so looking forward to that
joseph said:
whoa wth was that for? What was the reason for calling me a loser?

lol
What reason did you have for calling someone a "dickrider"?
Hypocritical much?

Christ, these boards are a fucking mess.
no because people weren't listening to what I was saying they were just saying "Shut up you don't this, you don't know that" they were just riding them so damn hard. And when people do that then that is the correct term "d*ckrider" he had no reason for calling me a loser

Cillian said:
joseph said:
whoa wth was that for? What was the reason for calling me a loser?

lol
What reason did you have for calling someone a "dickrider"?
Hypocritical much?

Christ, these boards are a fucking mess.
Yeah everyone needs to not get so personal holy crap. Unlike some of you I do get that feeling when new LP comes out, that never stopped with me. I admit though I was dissapointed when I heard M2M but it grew on me. It wasnt the same as HT or Meteora in blowing me away, and yes those albums helped me get through alot of shit in my life as well, thats what made the albums so great to me. I do however like this song and from what I have read about the album it is an entire story that you travel through from begining to end I have higher hopes with this one then M2M, I think there will be more rap, harder rock and screaming and I actually like the techno/guitar mix in catalyst the more I listen to it but not everyone is going to agree, they will gain more fans and lose some old fans.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service