I have loved LP for 9 years, I was in 3rd grade, and over the years I listened to every cd they put out. Whether it be studio, remix, live.....anything! I had it. I memorized all their songs and watched the Live in Texas so much I damn near memorized Chester's moves on stage. I dealt with the BS of people saying they sucked and they weren't a real band, but I didn't care because they were MY favorite band. And then they gave me....excuse me...US they give US this...song???? Can it be called a song?? Or how bout we label it..."The sign that LP sold out...HARD!!!" What is up with this techno/electric vibe?? They used to be the definition of nu metal and creativity. All their songs were amazing and they had amazing energy on stage. Even when I was watching the Road to Revolution dvd I was like "Wtf are they wearing..." They are pop culture sellouts now and it's horrible
R.I.P LP I give up....
Born: May 1999 (Hybrid Theory EP) - Deceased: May 2007 (Minutes to Midnight)

Tags: Catalyst, LP, Linkin, Park, R.I.P, sellout

Views: 514

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I'm sure "tweens" really enjoy 5 - 6 minute songs focusing on the topic of nuclear holocaust and the apocalypse, in the form of rapid backbeat electro drums, gang vocal chants and unorthodox song structures... I'm not sure what your definition of pop culture is, but if I were a band wanting to sell out, The Catalyst certainly wouldn't be my approach. I'd enlist a pop production team like The Matrix or the the producers behind Lady Gaga, and I'd create some slick 3 minute bite-size pop songs. And definitely no nuclear holocaust involved...

steven douglas said:
I agree what the hell happened? I just want the old LP back. Not this pop culture sell out bullshit. I'm sure the tweens will love this album. Later LP
Yea M2M grew on me too but it really didn't have to too much. Because I really enjoyed it the first play through. In fact I got it the day it came out and listened to it about 6 times haha. Me and my friend went outside and skated for a couple hours with it on then we went inside played some PS2 with it on haha good times. Like I have said and keep saying I'm still giving the album a chance, but if the entire album sounds like The Catalyst, even though it's slightly growing on me, then I truly am done

michael said:
Yeah everyone needs to not get so personal holy crap. Unlike some of you I do get that feeling when new LP comes out, that never stopped with me. I admit though I was dissapointed when I heard M2M but it grew on me. It wasnt the same as HT or Meteora in blowing me away, and yes those albums helped me get through alot of shit in my life as well, thats what made the albums so great to me. I do however like this song and from what I have read about the album it is an entire story that you travel through from begining to end I have higher hopes with this one then M2M, I think there will be more rap, harder rock and screaming and I actually like the techno/guitar mix in catalyst the more I listen to it but not everyone is going to agree, they will gain more fans and lose some old fans.
Could you imagine if they made music like Hybrid Theory. That would get boring. The Catalyst is a great song. Once again they have changed up the music and I still like it. You still know that it's Linkin Park when you here it. Minutes to midnight was different from the first two and it was still amazing. Every album has been great. They're doing this perfectly. Now when we go to listen to the first two albums it won't be boring. If minutes to midnight sounded like the first two I would probably not like LP anymore. This is why Linkin Park is the best band out there. They change it up. They aren't like every other band out there that makes the same music all the time. I know there are people who would disagree with me but I personally think that everything that they have done has been perfect. So 100% respect to Linkin Park. You guys are awesome. So just keep doing what you're doing because true LP fans would agree with me
i don't know.
i was expecting something remarkable from these guys.
i know there's a lot left to hear, and i know they have a 'new sound', but i just don't know if what you've said is true.

all the songs i've heard so far definately have a kind of 'pop' undertone and to be honest i want heavier guitars and angst-ridden lyrics- but maybe that's just me.

so i apologise, joseph.
maybe you were right after all, to a certain extent.

i hope they make up for it with the songs to come!
well thanks for the honesty
here's my thread i made after hearing the whole album
http://www.linkinpark.com/forum/topics/i-listened-to-a-thousand-suns
lucy harris said:
i don't know.
i was expecting something remarkable from these guys.
i know there's a lot left to hear, and i know they have a 'new sound', but i just don't know if what you've said is true.

all the songs i've heard so far definately have a kind of 'pop' undertone and to be honest i want heavier guitars and angst-ridden lyrics- but maybe that's just me.

so i apologise, joseph.
maybe you were right after all, to a certain extent.

i hope they make up for it with the songs to come!
Dude, if you think they're gone then get the hell off this website. I thought the Catalyst was amazing, I don't care if they change their sound because to me they will always be my favourite band, no matter what. They are not changing their sound to sell records you idiot, they know that some of their fans are gonna hate it but they don't care because they love making music and they want to put their past behind them, they wanted to make something different and they have and they're happy with it. Not to mention who the hell cares what they look like?! They aren't pop and never will be pop, if you are going to completely reject them because of one song you don't like then don't bother saying you were a fan, I dont like some of their songs but I still love them.

Just deal with it.
Correction: Who else thinks THE WHOLE ALBUM SUCKS? I do!
Correction: Who think you're hatter, I Do.
WTF get over yaself, u couldn't do any better. There music is as good as ever. What's wrong with a band evolving. Linkin park owe use nothing it's there band and there can do what there want Go listen to the poser emo bands ya tool!
learn to type, asshole! open your eyes and face the truth kid!

Kamel LP said:
Correction: Who think you're hatter, I Do.
I have to agree with you Joseph. There is one, just one song on their album that appealed to me and it is called Wrectches and Kings. Pretty much Mike wrote that song. He is the only one that wants to keep the old LP alive. Born: May 1999 (Hybrid Theory EP) - Deceased: May 2007 (Minutes to Midnight) <---I like this. Love you Mike. Cant wait for the new FM album.
In my opinion, anyone who thinks "music sucks" isn't really listening. Sure, you'll hear the music, but you're not actually listening to the message. This album does an excellent job putting the sound/mood to the message LP is sharing. The message benefits from the softer/calmer instrumental portions and still gives feeling with the vocals..... Music isn't about being brutal all the time. Hyrbrid Theory did it well with the heavier stuff, because the lyrics/message was basically being pissed off. On the other hand, look at the message for "Hands Held High". Heavier instrumentals isn't going to contribute to the message of that song at all. Yes, for most songs you can mix them up and have different instrumental contributions; however, the artists are the only ones who know how they truly want to make the audience feel and do so by using the correct instrumental variations. Each song, and album, for any band will be the same way - success is found with combining the right sound and message.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service