I have loved LP for 9 years, I was in 3rd grade, and over the years I listened to every cd they put out. Whether it be studio, remix, live.....anything! I had it. I memorized all their songs and watched the Live in Texas so much I damn near memorized Chester's moves on stage. I dealt with the BS of people saying they sucked and they weren't a real band, but I didn't care because they were MY favorite band. And then they gave me....excuse me...US they give US this...song???? Can it be called a song?? Or how bout we label it..."The sign that LP sold out...HARD!!!" What is up with this techno/electric vibe?? They used to be the definition of nu metal and creativity. All their songs were amazing and they had amazing energy on stage. Even when I was watching the Road to Revolution dvd I was like "Wtf are they wearing..." They are pop culture sellouts now and it's horrible
R.I.P LP I give up....
Born: May 1999 (Hybrid Theory EP) - Deceased: May 2007 (Minutes to Midnight)

Tags: Catalyst, LP, Linkin, Park, R.I.P, sellout

Views: 513

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hate to say this but they still are creative. You can't really base your opinion on one song. A song that is quite great as a matter of fact. People said the same things about Meteroa and Minutes To Midnight, about how the style was changing and how they hated it. You wouldn't want every album to stay the same they would get old quick. Linkin Park is still a Nu Metal band, but they are also exlporing new styles. Which any good band should do. Clothing styles also change with the times, that doesn't mean that they are becoming a pop band. It just means that they are wearing clothes. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but a true Linkin Park fan would appreciate the fact that they are exploring, not changing, and would be excited to hear the new album. I've been listening to Linkin Park since i was 6 yrs old, and i haven't stopped loving them.

GO LINKIN PARK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amen!

Alex Yelvington said:
I hate to say this but they still are creative. You can't really base your opinion on one song. A song that is quite great as a matter of fact. People said the same things about Meteroa and Minutes To Midnight, about how the style was changing and how they hated it. You wouldn't want every album to stay the same they would get old quick. Linkin Park is still a Nu Metal band, but they are also exlporing new styles. Which any good band should do. Clothing styles also change with the times, that doesn't mean that they are becoming a pop band. It just means that they are wearing clothes. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but a true Linkin Park fan would appreciate the fact that they are exploring, not changing, and would be excited to hear the new album. I've been listening to Linkin Park since i was 6 yrs old, and i haven't stopped loving them.

man it isn't being creative. they are doing whatever they can to sell records now. This right here..this "Catalyst" is rave music. And you want to know why they made rave music?? Because rave is what is in right now. I bet you on their tour for the new album, if they have one, they will be wearing bead bracelets and glow sticks...gtfoh
And in fact I loved Meteora and very well liked Minutes to Midnight because they both still had the core sound of LP in there. And saying they aren't changing is just being a d*ckrider

Alex Yelvington said:

wow, you are a childish ass and have proved that you know nothing about LP's album sales. Each consecutive album they've released has sold less than the previous one, although still very high in number. That being said, how could they be "doing whatever they can to sell records" if they aren't sticking to the HT formula? THAT would be selling out, and most fans who care about the band would lose respect for them. The fact that they keep changing is proof that they aren't sellouts; and that you only care about yourself when you say you don't want them to change, or that you want them to change, but only in the manner you see fit.

joseph said:
man it isn't being creative. they are doing whatever they can to sell records now. This right here..this "Catalyst" is rave music. And you want to know why they made rave music?? Because rave is what is in right now. I bet you on their tour for the new album, if they have one, they will be wearing bead bracelets and glow sticks...gtfoh
And in fact I loved Meteora and very well liked Minutes to Midnight because they both still had the core sound of LP in there. And saying they aren't changing is just being a d*ckrider Alex Yelvington said:

I may have not listened to anymore LP in ages (literally ages), but I've always given some new singles a try, but this must have been the worst ever. Seriously, I don't even consider that music anymore. And there's absolutely nothing left of the way they were back in 2001 to 2003.
@Ping Chen
see it says "putting pressure on ourselves to make something unique." Meaning it isn't coming from them naturally. They are forcing it
Well at least someone agrees with me

John Marston said:
I may have not listened to anymore LP in ages (literally ages), but I've always given some new singles a try, but this must have been the worst ever. Seriously, I don't even consider that music anymore. And there's absolutely nothing left of the way they were back in 2001 to 2003.
I respect your opinion about my opinion

Avo Singh said:
wow, you are a childish ass and have proved that you know nothing about LP's album sales. Each consecutive album they've released has sold less than the previous one, although still very high in number. That being said, how could they be "doing whatever they can to sell records" if they aren't sticking to the HT formula? THAT would be selling out, and most fans who care about the band would lose respect for them. The fact that they keep changing is proof that they aren't sellouts; and that you only care about yourself when you say you don't want them to change, or that you want them to change, but only in the manner you see fit.

joseph said:
And in fact I loved Meteora and very well liked Minutes to Midnight because they both still had the core sound of LP in there. And saying they aren't changing is just being a d*ckrider Alex Yelvington said:

Thank you for ditching the childish language.
what do you mean childish language??

Avo Singh said:
Thank you for ditching the childish language.
That's a predictable fact.
I don't mind them slipping away from the HT formula, but this is just ridiculous. I don't even know in what music category to put something like this. If people are calling this Alternative I could smack their heads with a shovel, because they have no clue then. They're just doing what the hell they want to do and I just jumped off that lame wagon ages ago, I'm glad I did back then and I still don't regret anything. When they were gonna collab with Jay z, I knew things were going down, so I abandoned ship.
I just wonder at times. Where the hell are they heading with their music? Or are they just randomly trying out everything out there?

Avo Singh said:
Each consecutive album they've released has sold less than the previous one, although still very high in number. That being said, how could they be "doing whatever they can to sell records" if they aren't sticking to the HT formula? THAT would be selling out, and most fans who care about the band would lose respect for them. The fact that they keep changing is proof that they aren't sellouts; and that you only care about yourself when you say you don't want them to change, or that you want them to change, but only in the manner you see fit.

Sorry to disappoint you, but no, not quite. You stuck labels on it, when I don't even know what to call this crap. And made predictions, I'm not doing that.
I'm just stating that I don't like it, not in a million years.

joseph said:
Well at least someone agrees with me

it's ONE SONG for crying out loud!
you really cannot hate on the new album when you have heard only one song.
i bet you didn't do this when they put a song like "Leave Out All The Rest" on the SAME album as "Given Up".
so you can shut it to be perfectly honest with you.

they aren't selling out, just exploring. - as others have rightfully said.

if you were a true LP fan like you say you are/were/whatever, you would give them a chance and hear out the rest of the album before having a hissy fit about it.
honestly, behaving like that i don't even think LP would WANT you as a fan.

man you are so childish!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service