I have loved LP for 9 years, I was in 3rd grade, and over the years I listened to every cd they put out. Whether it be studio, remix, live.....anything! I had it. I memorized all their songs and watched the Live in Texas so much I damn near memorized Chester's moves on stage. I dealt with the BS of people saying they sucked and they weren't a real band, but I didn't care because they were MY favorite band. And then they gave me....excuse me...US they give US this...song???? Can it be called a song?? Or how bout we label it..."The sign that LP sold out...HARD!!!" What is up with this techno/electric vibe?? They used to be the definition of nu metal and creativity. All their songs were amazing and they had amazing energy on stage. Even when I was watching the Road to Revolution dvd I was like "Wtf are they wearing..." They are pop culture sellouts now and it's horrible
R.I.P LP I give up....
Born: May 1999 (Hybrid Theory EP) - Deceased: May 2007 (Minutes to Midnight)

Tags: Catalyst, LP, Linkin, Park, R.I.P, sellout

Views: 514

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Get FREE iTunes money!!!http://itunesgenerator.com/?i=74297
Except I've never heard the word "eat" being used to try to insult someone just for having a different opinion... which is immature.

joseph said:
how is that childish??? it's just a word like "you" "me" "walk" "eat"

Avo Singh said:
"d*ckrider"
I've noticed you say this in other posts to people who don't share your opinion.

joseph said:
what do you mean childish language??
Avo Singh said:
Thank you for ditching the childish language.
@Avo Singh if u take it as an insult than you are the immature one......you know what can we just drop this??? I'm sorry if I offended you I was just upset
well I'm glad you enjoy it, but I can't no matter how hard I try

michael said:
Well it is just one song but this song does do that for me n my daughter who has also been a big fan for years. Were cranken it in my ride, singen it n it makes us feel gd. So guess it will b difrent 4 each person, but it is just one remix contest song 4 a video game. Hav faith the album is cumen 2
The Catalyst sucks and Linkin Park have sold out. Sad but true
okay i'm sorry John, i was just annoyed that there were SO many people saying the same thing over and over and over again that day, about The Catalyst- it just gets old after a while.

i still stand with what i said about the fact it's only one song, just hear the album out, and THEN decide whether they have 'sold out' and become 'pop singers' or whatever.
y'all just need to slow down a bit and at least wait until you've heard the whole album before you can judge.

but yeah, i could have put my comment better.

sorry guys!
I can see why that gets old. And I understand that it must get annoying and stuff, but I don't think that'll be something that will change anytime soon. Or possibly ever for that matter =\

No feelings hurt here, friend. No need to apologize.

Definitly not because I never mentioned the words "sell out" or "popartists", because that's not what they are and not what they're doing. I have enough respect and brains to know that lol.

lucy harris said:
okay i'm sorry John, i was just annoyed that there were SO many people saying the same thing over and over and over again that day, about The Catalyst- it just gets old after a while.

i still stand with what i said about the fact it's only one song, just hear the album out, and THEN decide whether they have 'sold out' and become 'pop singers' or whatever.
y'all just need to slow down a bit and at least wait until you've heard the whole album before you can judge.

sorry guys!
ah, sorry, again, i STILL didn't make myself clear.

that "y'all..." bit wasn't meant for you, just these dramatic people in general.

but thanks :)
John Marston said:
I can see why that gets old. And I understand that it must get annoying and stuff, but I don't think that'll be something that will change anytime soon. Or possibly ever for that matter =\
No feelings hurt here, friend. No need to apologize.
Definitly not because I never mentioned the words "sell out" or "popartists", because that's not what they are and not what they're doing. I have enough respect and brains to know that lol.

lucy harris said:

i still stand with what i said about the fact it's only one song, just hear the album out, and THEN decide whether they have 'sold out' and become 'pop singers' or whatever. y'all just need to slow down a bit and at least wait until you've heard the whole album before you can judge.

sorry guys!
Well plenty on this board keep saying pop emo sell outs and it is annoying, how retarded can u b. They have been emo punk rock since day 1 and M2M was not the same style not selling out n this new song n album is the complete opposite of selling out.
Well plenty on this board keep saying pop emo sell outs and it is annoying, how retarded can u b. They have been emo punk rock since day 1 and M2M was not the same style not selling out n this new song n album is the complete opposite of selling out.
But they are selling out, their lyrics are getting washed out and now the catalyst SOUNDS washed out; And for me at least, New Divide has absolutely no meaning because the whole thing doesn't seem to have a point. Musically it was good, but the lyrics were just generic and seemed mainstream. Blackbirds is a good song but, as the band said themselves, it's taken from the M2M period. Im not here to just moan about lp Im just disappointed with their new song and hope the rest of the album is a big step up. Used to be my favourite band but all the post M2M stuff like We Made It, New Divide, Not Alone and now this just doesn't cut it for me.
Its the new direction and sound but catalyst has good meaningful lyrics its jus not the hardcore emo old lp that I loved as well. M2M had that same strong lyrics n sound in given up, bleed it out, what I've done, hands held high and no more sorrow. I don't think the album was up to par with the rest but they have been doing there thing sine 1999, great sound for that many years.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service