catches the worlds attention then
starts releasing this? 
your letting down the true fans
the fans that have been with you since hybrid theory 
hoping to hear more of the old school LP we love
and instead get this....
i can respect the whole new direction 
i do.
but its not like your angry at the world anymore.
instead of the old school linkin park that would protest indirectly 
with full enthusiasm
you centre your songs around a point and then fail to re-inforce it 
it like your giving the whole world the "im disappointed in you lecture"

its not my place to tell the artist how to do their job right? 
they must be gaining thousands of fans every weeks.

but its just so god damn depressing to see this band
the band that changed the face of music forever 
to stop making the music i love, the music that inspires me.

I, like any true LP fan has purchased all of your albums legally 
and supported the band as much as any run of the mill fan can.

but thats the last album im gonna buy. lost faith in the LP 
and the music its making 

i honestly couldn't go to an LP GIG now cause id have to BOOO my way through 85% of the set list to hear a half decent fucking song.

if you ever agreed to maybe do .... a retro tour, playing stuff from mainly hybrid theory and meteora i would be the first fucking person in line, but again chances of that are slim to none. i would fly over to the USA if i had to, just to see that gig.

doubt anyone will read this
but at least i feel a little better knowing ive fronted my views 
not that they make much sense, just the ramblings from inside my head.
you guys were my heros
This is Soo ******* up
G

Views: 405

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I must be in the minority here, but I enjoy all their albums.
They're the only band that I just automatically buy the albums
without checking the content ahead of time. I like that they changed it up
and kept it interesting, artist can go a bit stale.
Maybe it has something to do with my age, I didn't 'grow-up' listening to them...
I think I am the same age as Mike. None the less: enjoying the new one.
Okay. If the majority of the people here are saying that they are no longer Linkin Park fans, then why do y'all have an account on this website? The purpose of Linkinpark.com is to celebrate and support this band. If you no longer do, then get out of the club.
Harriett said:
Okay. If the majority of the people here are saying that they are no longer Linkin Park fans, then why do y'all have an account on this website? The purpose of Linkinpark.com is to celebrate and support this band. If you no longer do, then get out of the club.

this is an interesting observation. Why are they here?
side note: The new album caused me to join the website.
The reason we are here is to express our opinions to the band. They need to know our disappointment so that they can hopefully turn this around. We are not here to hate on Linkin Park, and as I said earlier I commended them on trying something new, as all bands should. But If fans say they don't like what it it is, then maybe it's time to re-evaluate what you're doing. Now I'm not saying that EVERY choice made by Linkin Park should be decided by the fans, but I am saying take them into consideration. I'm also not saying that people can't like the new stuff, but it's not what Linkin Park used to be about. We would like them to get back to what they once were because it was something new and unique. Understand that I'm not saying I hate Linkin Park, Just disappointed. That's why we are on here.

Harriett said:
If they decide to continue on the current path, what will you do?

Jon Pultz said:
The reason we are here is to express our opinions to the band. They need to know our disappointment so that they can hopefully turn this around. We are not here to hate on Linkin Park, and as I said earlier I commended them on trying something new, as all bands should. But If fans say they don't like what it it is, then maybe it's time to re-evaluate what you're doing. Now I'm not saying that EVERY choice made by Linkin Park should be decided by the fans, but I am saying take them into consideration. I'm also not saying that people can't like the new stuff, but it's not what Linkin Park used to be about. We would like them to get back to what they once were because it was something new and unique. Understand that I'm not saying I hate Linkin Park, Just disappointed. That's why we are on here.

Harriett said:
I will no longer call myself a Linkin Park fan. I'm not saying this to be a whiny little emo kid or to try and make the band change because I know that won't happen. (Me no longer calling myself a fan is probably insignificant to them) As I said in my older post, I will continue to to listen to Meteora, Hybrid Theory, and Reanimation, but they will no longer be on my favorite bands list. I don't want to sound like I'm whining, but I am hurt. These guys really did help me through a lot of hard time when I was younger, and I know some will argue that true fanship is never leaving no matter how bad things get, but I find it harder and harder to keep following them when it's no longer in my opinion good music. (That is my opinion and I'm not saying you have to follow that) It's kind of like having a political leader that promises to end all war and hatred. Things start out great at first but then as time goes on you realize that things are not as great as they once were, and now there is even more war. You can't keep following that leader just because they say nice things and you once believed in them and looked up to them.

SajiNoKami said:
If they decide to continue on the current path, what will you do?

Jon Pultz said:

Harriett said:
Regardless of what happens, i will always be a LP fan, yes i feel that this new album was way off coarse from what we expected from them and i was disappointed when i got the full album , i only like 2 songs on the album (Blackout and the catalyst). knowing me i will probably learn to like some of there other songs from this album over time. imo, all the other albums were perfect from start to finish. Now i just wait till they make another album and see what happens
I am a Hybrid Theory and Meteora fan, but nothing since then. Linkin Park has lost their sound. :(
I am so glad to find I am not the only fan who has been greatly dissapointed by Linkin Parks new album. Being a fan that has been with the band since the beginning, I eagerly bought concert tickets for their November show and even recommended it to others. These, as everyone knows, are not cheap! Then I bought the album a few days ago and sat there thinking 'who the hell am I listening to?'. True, Minutes to Midnight showed a slight change in their sound but it grew on me and I dealt with it because I love the band. However, this new album is a complete and utter let down. I didn't feel like it 'flowed' as the band have said it should. It is bitty, boring and all over the place.

I understand that after being in the music industry for so long they wanted to experiment and do something different. It would have been a great idea to put out some of those songs as singles and see what feedback they received before doing an entire album and tour on it. They have seriously let themselves and their fans down. I am considering selling my tickets on ebay at a cut price. Either that or send Linkin Park begging letters to only do music from their previous albums. I don't even see how the music from the new album is going to work at a concert...

Has anyone read the interview they did with Kerrang in the Aug 28th, issue 1327? Please, before passing any judgement on my post READ IT. Yes, I am dissapointed in the new album but hey I can get over it and hope and pray they are going to go back to their old stuff on their next album. What has REALLY PISSED ME OFF is that article. Basically, it makes it sound like they stuck their fingers up at their fans. They wanted to do something different and couldn't give a shit what anyone else thought. That really upset me. After all, without their fans where the hell would they be? Yes, you are the artists and should be allowed to do what you like with your music. But shouldn't they also consider others, especially their fans when they are the ones supporting them, listening to them, cheering them on? Instead, they sounded like selfish egotistical twats that wanted to do what they wanted to do and couldn't give a shit on what others thought. At one point they said they wanted to get away from the Linkin Park persona as much as possible. Why??? That is who they are! Thats what the fans frickin love!! Thats what brought out this new genre of music all those years ago. I dont understand why they are ashamed.

Apparently they wanted to get away from being 'depressing and emo'. Hands up who thinks this new album is actually more depressing and emo than anything they've done before? It made me want to go play with heavy traffic. True, their lyrics are deep and meaningful as they always have been but nothing on this album is happier than what they have done before. You can put in more feel good lyrics without changing your sound so drastically.

I am planning on writing an article about this. Would anyone object me taking some of their comments as quotes? And if you have anything else to add feel free. I'm not here to piss anyone off and bitch out Linkin Park, I'm still a fan, still love them, just hope to God they show SOME appreciation towards us and get their head out of the clouds.
You can go ahead and use any comment I've written here. I'll do just about anything to try and get Linkin Park to hear me.

Pixie Ray said:
I am so glad to find I am not the only fan who has been greatly dissapointed by Linkin Parks new album. Being a fan that has been with the band since the beginning, I eagerly bought concert tickets for their November show and even recommended it to others. These, as everyone knows, are not cheap! Then I bought the album a few days ago and sat there thinking 'who the hell am I listening to?'. True, Minutes to Midnight showed a slight change in their sound but it grew on me and I dealt with it because I love the band. However, this new album is a complete and utter let down. I didn't feel like it 'flowed' as the band have said it should. It is bitty, boring and all over the place.

I understand that after being in the music industry for so long they wanted to experiment and do something different. It would have been a great idea to put out some of those songs as singles and see what feedback they received before doing an entire album and tour on it. They have seriously let themselves and their fans down. I am considering selling my tickets on ebay at a cut price. Either that or send Linkin Park begging letters to only do music from their previous albums. I don't even see how the music from the new album is going to work at a concert...

Has anyone read the interview they did with Kerrang in the Aug 28th, issue 1327? Please, before passing any judgement on my post READ IT. Yes, I am dissapointed in the new album but hey I can get over it and hope and pray they are going to go back to their old stuff on their next album. What has REALLY PISSED ME OFF is that article. Basically, it makes it sound like they stuck their fingers up at their fans. They wanted to do something different and couldn't give a shit what anyone else thought. That really upset me. After all, without their fans where the hell would they be? Yes, you are the artists and should be allowed to do what you like with your music. But shouldn't they also consider others, especially their fans when they are the ones supporting them, listening to them, cheering them on? Instead, they sounded like selfish egotistical twats that wanted to do what they wanted to do and couldn't give a shit on what others thought. At one point they said they wanted to get away from the Linkin Park persona as much as possible. Why??? That is who they are! Thats what the fans frickin love!! Thats what brought out this new genre of music all those years ago. I dont understand why they are ashamed.

Apparently they wanted to get away from being 'depressing and emo'. Hands up who thinks this new album is actually more depressing and emo than anything they've done before? It made me want to go play with heavy traffic. True, their lyrics are deep and meaningful as they always have been but nothing on this album is happier than what they have done before. You can put in more feel good lyrics without changing your sound so drastically.

I am planning on writing an article about this. Would anyone object me taking some of their comments as quotes? And if you have anything else to add feel free. I'm not here to piss anyone off and bitch out Linkin Park, I'm still a fan, still love them, just hope to God they show SOME appreciation towards us and get their head out of the clouds.
@brandon

"People who listen to the new stuff who haven't heard of Lp before i imagine really like it."

Not entirely true. I'am 22 years old and have listened to LP since i was 12, when Hybrid Theory came out. I'm not a fan of mainstream music, and i consider LP to be my favorite band. I was also expecting LP to have more of a alternative-metal sound, but was not dissapointed once i listened to the album a couple time. They have done something different and outside the box which i really respect and expect from them, and I anticipate their next album.
@brandon

"People who listen to the new stuff who haven't heard of Lp before i imagine really like it."

Been listening since 2001 and I enjoy the new one.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service