catches the worlds attention then
starts releasing this? 
your letting down the true fans
the fans that have been with you since hybrid theory 
hoping to hear more of the old school LP we love
and instead get this....
i can respect the whole new direction 
i do.
but its not like your angry at the world anymore.
instead of the old school linkin park that would protest indirectly 
with full enthusiasm
you centre your songs around a point and then fail to re-inforce it 
it like your giving the whole world the "im disappointed in you lecture"

its not my place to tell the artist how to do their job right? 
they must be gaining thousands of fans every weeks.

but its just so god damn depressing to see this band
the band that changed the face of music forever 
to stop making the music i love, the music that inspires me.

I, like any true LP fan has purchased all of your albums legally 
and supported the band as much as any run of the mill fan can.

but thats the last album im gonna buy. lost faith in the LP 
and the music its making 

i honestly couldn't go to an LP GIG now cause id have to BOOO my way through 85% of the set list to hear a half decent fucking song.

if you ever agreed to maybe do .... a retro tour, playing stuff from mainly hybrid theory and meteora i would be the first fucking person in line, but again chances of that are slim to none. i would fly over to the USA if i had to, just to see that gig.

doubt anyone will read this
but at least i feel a little better knowing ive fronted my views 
not that they make much sense, just the ramblings from inside my head.
you guys were my heros
This is Soo ******* up
G

Views: 405

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not only are the old songs awesome, but they're deep, thoughtful, And inspiring. "a thousand suns" has maybe 2 songs that resemble who you guys have been for the longest of time. I'm still going to buy your next album. But that's your last chance with old school fans like me. You guys still rock hard, just stop 
Pushing me away" so I'm not stuck 'by myself'
Smutny

yo mama said:
LINKIN PARK LISTEN TO YOUR FANS!!

wow, I don't remember electing you as the voice of what I like. If you don't like the current Linkin Park album, that is fine, but please speak for yourself.
Super disappointed in this album. Linkin park was one of those bands, that when you listened to their music, you felt a rush through your blood. They had something different; something special. Their music had much emotion and actual music finesse.

Whenever someone says LInkin park the first thought that comes to your head is Numb or Faint or Crawling. These were possibly one of the best songs in the decade...could you say that about any of the shit on A thousand Suns, definately not. They shouldnt be creating songs that I have to listen 100 times to get used to, they should put out stuff that when someone listens to it once, they are drawn to it. THAT is what the old linkin park was about, now their about gay ass weird shit, and why the fuck is their like beats and techno shit in here, to me its just a shame, a vast disappointment accorss the board.

How can you go to a concert listening to this stuff? When I went to linkin park concerts in the past it was all about the crowd screaming and going wild to the distorted guitars and the amazing singing and the drums. How can you go to a concert being excited to rock out to any of these new songs...its not possible.

Just look at youtube views. Numb for instance, look at the views it holds. NONE of these songs will reach that amount of views. Theres no emotion or anything "drawing" the audience into this music.

And I KNOW linkin park isnt going to enjoy playin on a stage with this dumb setlist. How can you be on stage, when once being one of the moost influential bands playing some of the hardest sounds, having some of the largest crowds, just rockin out with electirc guitars and screaming with all the emotions going through your body, to a concert where they have gay electro music and the crowd just kinda standing their dumbfounded.

Seriously, I am here making this statement because I LOVE these guys, and its a shame to watch them get all washed up. I saw it coming from minutes form midnight. That album showed signs of this bands shit starting to hit the fan.

You might say, " keep your comments to ur self, if you dont like it then leave"

Well no im saying this because of the passion and love I have for this band. Its like having a newborn baby, something you love more than anything. And you always support this child, and love it with all your ehart. Then as the years pass, it starts doin drugs, drops out of school, gets AIDS, gets stabbed, becomes a convict... etc. Its kinda like that.

Linkin Park,I hope you are readin this, let me get this message clear, this album is shit and you are going in the wrong direction. I HOPE you release a new Crawling or Numb song, cuz honestly that song will catch the eyes and ears of millions, just as your initial albums did. Fix your act, please, I dont want to see you guys fall; it isnt too late to bounce back.

Anyways, enough said. Dont stop trying, and please reflect on these criticisms.
Holly shit, did you hear yourself Oo.....

1: the band is not yours and they owe you nothing. Period. We're not gonna talk again about this "where would they be without us" they'd be somewhere doing something freely just as they're doing now. They don't belong to you, if you don't like their new songs too bad for you but it's like that. not saying you can't give you're point of view, but there are ways to do it, and believe me you're doing it the wrong way.

2: "now their about gay ass weird shit, and why the fuck is their like beats and techno shit in here, to me its just a shame" you're the one who should be ashamed of typing down something like that. Plus, do you have any problem with gay stuff?? who the hell are you to insult them like you do??

3: "How can you go to a concert being excited to rock out to any of these new songs...its not possible" well believe me it is possible, just try to put yourself in someone else's shoes, take of your blinders, and you'll see that things you could not imagine can be possible

4: I'm sorry for your and anyone else disappointment, but it doesn't give you the right to be a twat. calm down think about it twice and then, we'll see what you have to say.

When I first listened to Linkin Park, the whole vibe they gave me when listening to Hybrid Theory and Meteora was incredible. They were angry and intense and I couldn't help but head bang to every track. They fell off the pace a bit, in my opinion, with Miutes to Midnight, yet it was still a great album (apart from Inbetween, no offence Mike but I just didn't like it). A Thousand Suns does not have that same "fuck the world" vibe it once gave me. Instead, like me, their sound has grown up, and I'm still in love with it. After 10 years, you cannot expect LP to produce another Hybrid Theory; if they did, I'd be disappointed. Just listening to the words of 'When They Come for Me' makes it perfectly clear what LP's intentions are about evolving, instead of churning out the same music that so many other bands do. Basically, if you can't handle the change. if you can't appreicate the pure genius of songs like 'Waiting For the End' and 'Wretches and Kings' and don't wish to be known as Linkin Park fans, then jog on. 'Cause Linkin Park aren't gonna miss you, are will continue to produce sheer brilliance whether you like it or not. Keep up the good work guys, can't wait to join you and your true fans at the O2 in London on 10th November!
I count myself as a true fan (since 2001 and have pretty much every track). I love ATS. I expect LP to always be changing. Their fearless creativity IS what caught the world's attention in the first place. Just my opinion *shrug* sorry you don't like the sound on this album.

Joe Neave said:
... After 10 years, you cannot expect LP to produce another Hybrid Theory; if they did, I'd be disappointed. Just listening to the words of 'When They Come for Me' makes it perfectly clear what LP's intentions are about evolving, instead of churning out the same music that so many other bands do. Basically, if you can't handle the change. if you can't appreicate the pure genius of songs like 'Waiting For the End' and 'Wretches and Kings' and don't wish to be known as Linkin Park fans, then jog on. 'Cause Linkin Park aren't gonna miss you, are will continue to produce sheer brilliance whether you like it or not. Keep up the good work guys, can't wait to join you and your true fans at the O2 in London on 10th November!

I totally agree with you Joe. Well said.
http://www.behindthehype.com/featured/linkin-park-a-thousand-suns-r...

here is a link to a good review if you're interesting ;)
Hey, thanks fot the link, basically exactly how I feel about the album, a fair review imo :)

fanny schneider said:
http://www.behindthehype.com/featured/linkin-park-a-thousand-suns-r...

here is a link to a good review if you're interesting ;)
Shinoda said this album would be a mix of hybrid theory and minutes to midnight, but, where is hybrid theory? in my opinion, it is a combination of reanimation and minutes to midnight, with the songs synchronization of meteora, and nothing about hybrid theory
you're right,man! if they doing the same kind of music,that'll be considered selling out.

Joe Neave said:
When I first listened to Linkin Park, the whole vibe they gave me when listening to Hybrid Theory and Meteora was incredible. They were angry and intense and I couldn't help but head bang to every track. They fell off the pace a bit, in my opinion, with Miutes to Midnight, yet it was still a great album (apart from Inbetween, no offence Mike but I just didn't like it). A Thousand Suns does not have that same "fuck the world" vibe it once gave me. Instead, like me, their sound has grown up, and I'm still in love with it. After 10 years, you cannot expect LP to produce another Hybrid Theory; if they did, I'd be disappointed. Just listening to the words of 'When They Come for Me' makes it perfectly clear what LP's intentions are about evolving, instead of churning out the same music that so many other bands do. Basically, if you can't handle the change. if you can't appreicate the pure genius of songs like 'Waiting For the End' and 'Wretches and Kings' and don't wish to be known as Linkin Park fans, then jog on. 'Cause Linkin Park aren't gonna miss you, are will continue to produce sheer brilliance whether you like it or not. Keep up the good work guys, can't wait to join you and your true fans at the O2 in London on 10th November!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service