catches the worlds attention then
starts releasing this? 
your letting down the true fans
the fans that have been with you since hybrid theory 
hoping to hear more of the old school LP we love
and instead get this....
i can respect the whole new direction 
i do.
but its not like your angry at the world anymore.
instead of the old school linkin park that would protest indirectly 
with full enthusiasm
you centre your songs around a point and then fail to re-inforce it 
it like your giving the whole world the "im disappointed in you lecture"

its not my place to tell the artist how to do their job right? 
they must be gaining thousands of fans every weeks.

but its just so god damn depressing to see this band
the band that changed the face of music forever 
to stop making the music i love, the music that inspires me.

I, like any true LP fan has purchased all of your albums legally 
and supported the band as much as any run of the mill fan can.

but thats the last album im gonna buy. lost faith in the LP 
and the music its making 

i honestly couldn't go to an LP GIG now cause id have to BOOO my way through 85% of the set list to hear a half decent fucking song.

if you ever agreed to maybe do .... a retro tour, playing stuff from mainly hybrid theory and meteora i would be the first fucking person in line, but again chances of that are slim to none. i would fly over to the USA if i had to, just to see that gig.

doubt anyone will read this
but at least i feel a little better knowing ive fronted my views 
not that they make much sense, just the ramblings from inside my head.
you guys were my heros
This is Soo ******* up
G

Views: 405

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I whole-heartedly agree with you. Linkin park has gotten soft. 
I miss Meteora and Hybrid Theory. The last two albums were
sad to say the least. I enjoyed the first few songs of Minutes
To Midnight because they held the classic metal sound i've
Grown to love. But it was almost as if the cd changed into a 
Quiet borefest halfway through. I enjoy some of the newer songs, 
but i hold them at a different standard than I used to. I could listen 
And still do listen to the olde stuff everyday. I personally make time 
Every day for Meteora. Why do you guys think that you have to change
So much, and why all of a sudden after 10 years. In shorter words, its like 
Metallica doing pop. It just doen't make sense.
I really like the new album. Fans should not have even a drop of respect for your favorite band?. I do not understand. old albums and old because they were made long ago. do not live the past, you need to look into the future. Times are changing, people are too.
(sorry for my english, I do not know very well )
I like the fact of they change, but this change is so sudden... Whatever, you've got to be happy with the music you do and not pay atention to the fans, do what you want, LP... Be happy!

Martijn de Vette said:
Hopefully this whas only a try and they are going back to the rock singing cause else my interest in their songs is going to fade.

I doubt their next album will be ATS part 2, but at the same time I wouldn't hold out for them "going back" to anything.

Storm_Rider00 said:
This guy hit the nail on the head. I totally agree!!!!!!!!!! Gosh, you must be a psychic or something, reading my damn mind.

Ha :D
Damn, this board needs some proper smileys.

Joe Neave said:

Dude, I agree 99% of what you had to say there. But Meteora, and this is now my opinion (in case some people jump in saying "Yeah, he never said that, blah, blah, blah") was a step up in many ways from HT. I do think the only reason they did it was because they gave in to their record label and fans', like some of the neanderthalic hypocrits on here, demands. BUT I personally loved the album, and it is possibly MY favourite LP album. I respect your view, however, you are right, if they produced two more 'Nu-metal' (as they have been-unjustfully labeled) albums, and it meant songs like Shadow of The Day and Bleed It Out, Waiting For the End, Burning in The Skies, etc, were never to be, I would be upset. They made the right decision, finding stratospheric fame through HT and Meteora, so they could build a fan base as big as the one they have, and then show what they are truly made of creatively.
This was actually supposed to be a reply to Cillian but I'm retarded and clicked the wrong person, sorry (N)

Hey, no worries man. Can't really argue with personal opinion.
If I seem agressive I apologise, the setup of this board & the mind set of some of the people here really irritate me, I'm generally pretty laid back.

Hey man, you ddn't come off as aggrssive, it's cool you have you opinion, how boring would the world be if everyone thought the same?? Well, if we thought the same as some of the Linkin Park "fans" I've seen bitching about ATS, I certainly wouldn't be happy! Good to know you're a real fan with his/her own expressions, not just either a sheep/fanboy who will buy the album's because it has the words Linkin Park written on it, or just a close-minded nob who only wants Hybrid Theory and Meteora back :)
Cillian said:

Martijn de Vette said:
Hopefully this whas only a try and they are going back to the rock singing cause else my interest in their songs is going to fade.

I doubt their next album will be ATS part 2, but at the same time I wouldn't hold out for them "going back" to anything.

Storm_Rider00 said:
This guy hit the nail on the head. I totally agree!!!!!!!!!! Gosh, you must be a psychic or something, reading my damn mind.

Ha :D
Damn, this board needs some proper smileys.

Joe Neave said:

Dude, I agree 99% of what you had to say there. But Meteora, and this is now my opinion (in case some people jump in saying "Yeah, he never said that, blah, blah, blah") was a step up in many ways from HT. I do think the only reason they did it was because they gave in to their record label and fans', like some of the neanderthalic hypocrits on here, demands. BUT I personally loved the album, and it is possibly MY favourite LP album. I respect your view, however, you are right, if they produced two more 'Nu-metal' (as they have been-unjustfully labeled) albums, and it meant songs like Shadow of The Day and Bleed It Out, Waiting For the End, Burning in The Skies, etc, were never to be, I would be upset. They made the right decision, finding stratospheric fame through HT and Meteora, so they could build a fan base as big as the one they have, and then show what they are truly made of creatively.
This was actually supposed to be a reply to Cillian but I'm retarded and clicked the wrong person, sorry (N)

Hey, no worries man. Can't really argue with personal opinion.
If I seem agressive I apologise, the setup of this board & the mind set of some of the people here really irritate me, I'm generally pretty laid back.
Spot on, dude. I don't know why these 'fans' think they dictate what LP should be producing, then go onto say basically all the other fans feel the same. LP are doing what they've always done; creating music that is topping the genre it's based on. They've already mastered heavier rock, now their F you-ing the competition in what every genre you'd call their new beast of an album.

Flash said:
Linkin Park composes what THEY WANT and not what YOU want.

And claiming "nearly" 100% of the fanbase agrees with your views is abysmal.

If you found this record distasteful, then you're the only one at fault.

Markus R said:
Hi,

I just wanted to agree with you guys and I hope, any or just one of the guys in the band or the music label takes the time to read the comments in the forums worldwide... because nearly 100% of fans (I know personally and read in different forums) all over the world agree, that linkin park is dying as their favourite music... this is so sad...

I´ve been in their first concert in germany when they were completely unknown and after it at each tour in europe, bought each album, (ok I was disappointed about "minutes to midnight" too, because this was the beginning of the end of LP Style) but what is this new album about? If it would be possible to bring the cd back to store, this would have been my first cd ever going back to the store! It is b u l l s h i t , (SORRY, but it is) and worth not a fraction of the money I were asked for it!

I can only agree with the other writers in this and every other forum: LP was best at the beginning and loosing style after meteora, sadly!!!!!!

I hope the guys in the band have the balls to make a huge step backwards to the roots, and to make good music again. Because I think many fans -like me- are very dissappointed and not willing to buy any other LP stuff... A Tour with only songs until Meteora, would be the best possible solution at this time!!!! I would go for it!

Those guys are probably/surely/sadly rich enough to stop making music / doing what they want,... but I think they should be aware how they got there.... and for each new fan the get with this new C R A B , (there surely are some, saying LP is getting better.... bla bla) they are losing 10 to 100 because of the NEW STYLE, which has nothing to do with LP any more!

I hope Fort Minor is bringing out new stuff, because I liked it much more the the new two albums.

I am constantly looking for bands making music in the style of LP (up to meteora) but couldnt find good ones, can you recommend some? I need alternatives to the recent LP!!!

Sorry for spelling mistakes / wrong expressions.... Greetz from Germany
Exactly.
This fan entitlement thing, to decide what LP should do, is rather ridiculous.
The assuming the most of fan base agrees on this album is absurd.
Maybe if we were all of the same mind or sheep, I could see that.
Would variety and genera exist if we all thought the same?
That would be a sad world.

Flash said:
Linkin Park composes what THEY WANT and not what YOU want.

And claiming "nearly" 100% of the fanbase agrees with your views is abysmal.

If you found this record distasteful, then you're the only one at fault.

Markus R said:
Hi,

I just wanted to agree with you guys and I hope, any or just one of the guys in the band or the music label takes the time to read the comments in the forums worldwide... because nearly 100% of fans (I know personally and read in different forums) all over the world agree, that linkin park is dying as their favourite music... this is so sad...

I´ve been in their first concert in germany when they were completely unknown and after it at each tour in europe, bought each album, (ok I was disappointed about "minutes to midnight" too, because this was the beginning of the end of LP Style) but what is this new album about? If it would be possible to bring the cd back to store, this would have been my first cd ever going back to the store! It is b u l l s h i t , (SORRY, but it is) and worth not a fraction of the money I were asked for it!

I can only agree with the other writers in this and every other forum: LP was best at the beginning and loosing style after meteora, sadly!!!!!!

I hope the guys in the band have the balls to make a huge step backwards to the roots, and to make good music again. Because I think many fans -like me- are very dissappointed and not willing to buy any other LP stuff... A Tour with only songs until Meteora, would be the best possible solution at this time!!!! I would go for it!

Those guys are probably/surely/sadly rich enough to stop making music / doing what they want,... but I think they should be aware how they got there.... and for each new fan the get with this new C R A B , (there surely are some, saying LP is getting better.... bla bla) they are losing 10 to 100 because of the NEW STYLE, which has nothing to do with LP any more!

I hope Fort Minor is bringing out new stuff, because I liked it much more the the new two albums.

I am constantly looking for bands making music in the style of LP (up to meteora) but couldnt find good ones, can you recommend some? I need alternatives to the recent LP!!!

Sorry for spelling mistakes / wrong expressions.... Greetz from Germany
listen glen nob head ur a fucking dick lp are fucking awsome and i do agree that the new album isnt the best but you carnt just call the shit for that and if your a true fan you wouldnt hate them for one album and it isnt the worst because the worst was with jay z and i went to see them on 4th november at the m.e.n arena and they was fucking awsome it was the best thing in the world because they played loads of songs of ther last albums and they only played like 5 of a thousand suns but they was still fucking awsome so you go FUCK YOUR SELF YOU DICK HEAD
LP forever
Is this thread a JOKE?
Linkin Park has improved on every way.
They have stopped using simlilar chord progressions and structure.
Their lyrics have matured and improved alot.
They've become hybrid theory again; They're making unique music.

Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean its terrible. ATS blows anything LP has done by far.

Edit: I didn't read any other pages other than the 1st page. I agree with some one the people here; ATS is awsome :D
"lyrics have matured" are you sure? haha I don't know well, so "trying to catch up mutherfucker" or "fuck it are you listening" mmm, I don't think so hahaha JOKE! I like the album, not more that first works, but, I like it anyway XD

Ben Moon said:
Is this thread a JOKE?
Linkin Park has improved on every way.
They have stopped using simlilar chord progressions and structure.
Their lyrics have matured and improved alot.
They've become hybrid theory again; They're making unique music.

Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean its terrible. ATS blows anything LP has done by far.

Edit: I didn't read any other pages other than the 1st page. I agree with some one the people here; ATS is awsome :D
Listened to the whole album and I can't say that this is one that will grow on me... Sometimes you listen to an album and think 'wow a lot of this sucks' but then you force yourself to give it another chance, listen to it some more and end up liking it... Not gonna happen with this. I tried to give M2M a chance and this is more of the same.

Wretches and Kings is the only thing that comes close to what I would have loved this entire album to be like but...I'll just have to keep waiting for LP to go back to their roots. Obviously, the band needs to go through a few more divorces, betrayals, and backstabbings in order to gain the emotion needed to create another Hybrid Theory / Meteora type of album.

I totally understand wanting to EVOLVE, as I've been reading this site for a long time and see people constantly throwing that word around to defend LP and their new sound but there are plenty of bands that have not evolved....kept their original sound...the one that made them famous, release album after album and maintained and grew their fanbase because of it. Such a drastic genre change like with M2M...and moving even further away with ATS...it has seriously divided the fans.
the band is not it's fanbase. A band should be free to do wathever they feel like doing, and should not follow a trend or a bunch of people telling them what to do, which is what you're doing whatever you're saying. "I'm not dictating the band but I hope they'll read this and take it in consideration", Don't you think you give yourself a little bit too much credit.

I'm nobody to them and so are you. Get over it.

Now it would be great if this little fight between the New Lp and The old LP Lovers would end, it's highly ridiculous. Don't you guys have better things to do, like find other bands to love and have fun (and more) with?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service