catches the worlds attention then
starts releasing this? 
your letting down the true fans
the fans that have been with you since hybrid theory 
hoping to hear more of the old school LP we love
and instead get this....
i can respect the whole new direction 
i do.
but its not like your angry at the world anymore.
instead of the old school linkin park that would protest indirectly 
with full enthusiasm
you centre your songs around a point and then fail to re-inforce it 
it like your giving the whole world the "im disappointed in you lecture"

its not my place to tell the artist how to do their job right? 
they must be gaining thousands of fans every weeks.

but its just so god damn depressing to see this band
the band that changed the face of music forever 
to stop making the music i love, the music that inspires me.

I, like any true LP fan has purchased all of your albums legally 
and supported the band as much as any run of the mill fan can.

but thats the last album im gonna buy. lost faith in the LP 
and the music its making 

i honestly couldn't go to an LP GIG now cause id have to BOOO my way through 85% of the set list to hear a half decent fucking song.

if you ever agreed to maybe do .... a retro tour, playing stuff from mainly hybrid theory and meteora i would be the first fucking person in line, but again chances of that are slim to none. i would fly over to the USA if i had to, just to see that gig.

doubt anyone will read this
but at least i feel a little better knowing ive fronted my views 
not that they make much sense, just the ramblings from inside my head.
you guys were my heros
This is Soo ******* up
G

Views: 405

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't mind if people don't like Linkin Park's new music. Everyone has a right to feel and believe a certain way; the Linkin Park fanbase should not at all be a dictatorship. I respect all opinions as long as they have good supportive reasons. I don't think the past in this case is a good supportive reason, because everyone evolves and changes over time due to new experiences. We all re-evalute at some point in our lives. Back with HT, Meteora and Reanimation, Linkin Park had a different mindset and were younger. True, the music was probably better, but if you look at music now, every artist is trying to be over-the-top experimental. So if those earlier albums would have came out today, it would not have caused such a rippling effect; instead it would have sunk in the mud. Linkin Park's old music was good in that moment, it doesn't need to drag out until we're all tired and it finally disappears. Linkin Park isn't going to take the fans' opinions into consideration, because then they would be making music for all the wrong reasons. They would become a fake, sell-out band. I think with the newer material, Linkin Park is showing a side of the band that has always been there, but too afraid to show earlier. You can't take criticism to heart, because then it will just eat you up inside and eventually destroy you. Linkin Park knows who they are, we can only make assumptions. And the only reason why the Linkin Park glory days are over, is because the fans are no longer connected. We all used to enjoy the music together until the MTM controversy, which is truly a shame. We're all divided now and disrespecting each other just to prove who's right or who's wrong. But it's not about that. It's about listening to good music and having a good time. The Linkin Park fanbase will never be the same again, that's the only thing to be disappointed about and the new record proves it.

This. Agreed.

Harriett said:

I don't mind if people don't like Linkin Park's new music. Everyone has a right to feel and believe a certain way; the Linkin  Park fanbase should not at all be a dictatorship. I respect all opinions as long as they have good supportive reasons. I don't think the past in this case is a good supportive reason, because everyone evolves and changes over time due to new experiences. We all re-evalute at some point in our lives. Back with HT, Meteora and Reanimation, Linkin Park had a different mindset and were younger. True, the music was probably better, but if you look at music now, every artist is trying to be over-the-top experimental. So if those earlier albums would have came out today, it would not have caused such a rippling effect; instead it would have sunk in the mud. Linkin Park's old music was good in that moment, it doesn't need to drag out until it finally disappears. Linkin Park isn't going to take the fans' opinions into consideration, because then they would be making music for all the wrong reasons. They would become a fake, sell-out band. I think with the newer material, Linkin Park is showing a side of the band that has always been there, but too afraid to show earlier. You can't take criticism to heart, because then it will just eat you up inside and eventually destroy you. Linkin Park knows who they are, we can only make assumptions. And the only reason why the Linkin Park glory days are over, is because the fans are no longer connected. We all used to enjoy the music together until the MTM controversy, which is truly a shame. We're all divided now and disrespecting each other just to prove who's right or who's wrong. But it's not about that. It's about listening to good music and having a good time. The Linkin Park fanbase will never be the same again, that's the only thing to be disappointed about and the new record proves it.

I disliked this album at the beginning. But when I listened it regulary I understood that songs isn't bad. I love ''Burning in the skies'' so much.

I love Linkin Park, but this new album sounds like it is just a soundtrack you'd have on movies :(

I like the Catalyst the best easily, the rest, what the hell this is not Linkin Park!!

Will of course continue to support them and hopefully future albums and songs will go back to the old roots.

Put on your ear-phones and listen from the beginning to the end and you will discover the charme of this album... if you do not expect or want to hear a third HT or Meteora!

Personally I really love "A thousand suns", although it's so different from the old songs which I love the same!

LP could have easily done the same music as on Meteora, knowing it would sell like fresh bread, but they chose another way - and I really appreciate this! I imagine it was not easy for them to make it - they surely had a lot of discussions and fights to go through, maybe within the band, but mainly with their environment i.e. the record company and so on..

I do not expect from my favourite band that they make music for the fans - they should make the music they feel in themselves. They are no longer the angry young boys they were 10 years ago, they became men, built families - why not take another direction? I am anxious to see what will come next...;-)

Spoken like a true Linkin Park fan, I agree whole-heartedly

LPisgreat said:

Put on your ear-phones and listen from the beginning to the end and you will discover the charme of this album... if you do not expect or want to hear a third HT or Meteora!

Personally I really love "A thousand suns", although it's so different from the old songs which I love the same!

LP could have easily done the same music as on Meteora, knowing it would sell like fresh bread, but they chose another way - and I really appreciate this! I imagine it was not easy for them to make it - they surely had a lot of discussions and fights to go through, maybe within the band, but mainly with their environment i.e. the record company and so on..

I do not expect from my favourite band that they make music for the fans - they should make the music they feel in themselves. They are no longer the angry young boys they were 10 years ago, they became men, built families - why not take another direction? I am anxious to see what will come next...;-)

To be honest it seems to me as if there music is telling the story of society facing a desperate strugle...

Hybrid Theory - The exciting stage as society starts to develop

Meteora - The maturing of the society

Minutes to Midnight - Refelection on the mistakes of society

A Thousand Suns - The downfall of society leaving the album with a possible spark of regeneration (The Catalyst)

Hopefully they go down this route and reignite those dying embers and find that spark of ingenuity amd creativeness that seems to be slowly drifting away... (Don't get me wrong I still like A Thousand Suns, but I do hope they go back to their roots slightly, with some fresh material.)

The New Age - The rise of a new society, which they could possibly pull off by combinig a mix of the cutting edge beats from the new album with the essence of the original albums... Now that would be huge! :D

This is an interest theory. I like it. Just going back to the roots, like many seem to want, would be nothing more than repeating the cycle of life that has already been lived... leaving the question: well what was the point of that? nothing new, no knowledge gained. Just the chance to make all the same choices and mistakes over. But taking the lessons learned during the 4 albums, to continue on this path of rebirth, could be lovely.

Alexander Couter said:

To be honest it seems to me as if there music is telling the story of society facing a desperate strugle...

Hybrid Theory - The exciting stage as society starts to develop

Meteora - The maturing of the society

Minutes to Midnight - Refelection on the mistakes of society

A Thousand Suns - The downfall of society leaving the album with a possible spark of regeneration (The Catalyst)

Hopefully they go down this route and reignite those dying embers and find that spark of ingenuity amd creativeness that seems to be slowly drifting away... (Don't get me wrong I still like A Thousand Suns, but I do hope they go back to their roots slightly, with some fresh material.)

The New Age - The rise of a new society, which they could possibly pull off by combinig a mix of the cutting edge beats from the new album with the essence of the original albums... Now that would be huge! :D

I dont know what album you guys are listening to, but this is great stuff. I grew up listening to HT and Meteora. I hated Mtm with a passion, it was not a good album at all. But ATS is amazing. When i heard this album, i immediately thought "THis sounds like linkin park. There are subtle references to their old style, but with a new, more expressive flair that shows that they are maturing as a band. I think that this is the direction in which they have been moving all along, and they are just finally arriving. In my opinion, MTM was a rough draft of this new sound, they had the materials, but didnt quite know how to use it. Long live LP.

Not to make this discussion board sound like a broken record, but I have completely the same sentements here. I too have been an avid Linkin park fan since I first listened to Hybrid Theory. Its what led me headlong into Rock, with them always on the forefront. No matter how many rock bands I started to like, LP was always number 1. But I cannot bring myself to support this new direction in music, grant it some people may like it, but its not what made them Linkin Park. I could only find two songs on A Thousand Suns that I liked (not including New Divide). Such a long way to fall considering I could listen to every song on their previous albums. Whomever is responsible for this new direction in their music, I wish they would open their ears to the plea's of the LP fans that crave their old style of music. Frankly I think they should either go back to their previous style of music, or drop the LP name, cause this new music isnt Linkin Park : (

The duty of the fans should not only be to support the band, but to point out if the band makes a mistake. If we don't say anything, then how will they know? Should'nt a band care about its fanbase, the ones who helped bring them where they are today?

Harriett said:
Okay. If the majority of the people here are saying that they are no longer Linkin Park fans, then why do y'all have an account on this website? The purpose of Linkinpark.com is to celebrate and support this band. If you no longer do, then get out of the club.

Phew!  I thought I was a mutant or had skipped accidentally into another dimension when I listened to the new album for the first time.  Now I realize that I'm not the only one who wondered just exactly what had happened to my favorite band...

I have avidly followed LP for years.  In fact, it is them who got me interested in music again, after the long dry spell that was grunge music in the '90s.  Thanks to them, I have rediscovered my passion for music, which extends to several musical styles.  That's why I was deeply saddened to realize that LP, who was by far my #1 band, was moving in a new direction that had nothing to do with why I loved them.

I'm not saying that "they had no right" to move in this direction. In fact, I respect the fact that wanted to grow and evolve as artists.  I see the relationship between an artist and a fan much like a marriage; you were initially brought together by common interests and a common way of looking at things. But with time, people change inevitably. If you're lucky, you will change in the same direction, so that you are still compatible.  Sometimes, however, it doesn't work that way and people drift apart; it's nobody's fault, it just happens that way.  I fear that's what is happening between LP and me.  I know I have no right to tell them what they should do and how they should do it, but I'm afraid I can no longer be part of it and it saddens me deeply. This undoubtedly affects me a lot more than them, but maybe if the same thing happens to enough fans, they will take notice and try to find some compromise that we can all live with while enjoying ourselves.  That's my wish for 2011.

Respects.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service