catches the worlds attention then
starts releasing this? 
your letting down the true fans
the fans that have been with you since hybrid theory 
hoping to hear more of the old school LP we love
and instead get this....
i can respect the whole new direction 
i do.
but its not like your angry at the world anymore.
instead of the old school linkin park that would protest indirectly 
with full enthusiasm
you centre your songs around a point and then fail to re-inforce it 
it like your giving the whole world the "im disappointed in you lecture"

its not my place to tell the artist how to do their job right? 
they must be gaining thousands of fans every weeks.

but its just so god damn depressing to see this band
the band that changed the face of music forever 
to stop making the music i love, the music that inspires me.

I, like any true LP fan has purchased all of your albums legally 
and supported the band as much as any run of the mill fan can.

but thats the last album im gonna buy. lost faith in the LP 
and the music its making 

i honestly couldn't go to an LP GIG now cause id have to BOOO my way through 85% of the set list to hear a half decent fucking song.

if you ever agreed to maybe do .... a retro tour, playing stuff from mainly hybrid theory and meteora i would be the first fucking person in line, but again chances of that are slim to none. i would fly over to the USA if i had to, just to see that gig.

doubt anyone will read this
but at least i feel a little better knowing ive fronted my views 
not that they make much sense, just the ramblings from inside my head.
you guys were my heros
This is Soo ******* up
G

Views: 412

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello there...I must say I like this discussion.

Please don't hate on me for what I am about to write.

I am a fan since Hybrid Theory, and yes that album is perfect. I remember when "One step closer" was on MTV for the first time, what song was addicting.

How I look at LP, it's not just about the music, It's about who they are.

I am not just a fan of their music, it's bigger than that.

Sure the music is what made me love them at first, but I found inspiration in their hard work, art, commitment to fans, how the perfectly function as a group, how they help people etc.

ATS is a good album to me, and I saw an interview with Mike where he said that they will never make something like HT or Meteora. Those are one of a kind, and these albums had songs they created from 1996 - 2001. Now they experiment, they do different stuff and they enjoy it.

When I firs heard ATS, I was like "What a hell is this? A bunch of intros, space sounds?", but after 3-4 times...not that bad at all.

I love and respect them for who they were, who they are and who the will be in the future.

Call me a crazy fool, but that is my opinion.

Thanks!

Would you personally accept that someone tells you how to act and what to do with your life/in your profession? That he tells you and recommends you to repeat the same stuff you used to do?

I'm sure LP do care for their fanbase - but there always will be people who like innovations and people who hate changes - how can they satisfy everybody? For me it's a very positive thing that they don't want to be put in a specific box and they are looking for new ways. How can this be a mistake? That's what an artist should do.

And it's your personal decision whether you support a band or not and spend money for buying their stuff or not.  If you don't like it, leave it - that's all.

Christian James Shaffer said:

The duty of the fans should not only be to support the band, but to point out if the band makes a mistake. If we don't say anything, then how will they know? Should'nt a band care about its fanbase, the ones who helped bring them where they are today?

Harriett said:
Okay. If the majority of the people here are saying that they are no longer Linkin Park fans, then why do y'all have an account on this website? The purpose of Linkinpark.com is to celebrate and support this band. If you no longer do, then get out of the club.
Totally agreed.

Sara Tuturu Fish said:

I am not just a fan of their music, it's bigger than that.

I love and respect them for who they were, who they are and who the will be in the future.

Until the first 2 albums LP were my GOD, because they were so fucking powerful and exiting... Also the third one was good, not all the songs... But the last one.. I CAN'T STAND THIS ALBUM, IT'S NOT ROCK AT ALL, IT'S SHIT... I think that this album is a DEFEAT 4 LP AND THE GOOD MUSIC!

I have exactly the same opinion, you are wright Glen!!!! LP couldn't take this way... About their stuff or albums,I'm so sorry but I will never buy anything else.. I would like to see a live show only to listen to old songs.. probably this year at Download Festival, but I'm not so sure

And I like all your songs!

I don't agree with you at all..
U know, they can't stay "angry nd loud" for their whole life like they were on their first 2 albums. They are nomore 25 years old guys..now thei have family and children, and they "grow up" ...

They just want to move on, and show their other sides of music. Yeah,they "changed their characters", and thats an other very talented and adorable side of them. Even they know they could lost some fans,they keep on going and do that, what they wanted to do, and have no fear about what may come or be. They just believe in themselfes ... <3

However, I'll alway support and love them,whatever they do. They took a part of my heart, and will always stay there <3

If you can't appreciate them for who they are now, get off this website and quit whining to us. You dont have to listen to it you know, you have a choice.

Davide Bergonzini said:

Until the first 2 albums LP were my GOD, because they were so fucking powerful and exiting... Also the third one was good, not all the songs... But the last one.. I CAN'T STAND THIS ALBUM, IT'S NOT ROCK AT ALL, IT'S SHIT... I think that this album is a DEFEAT 4 LP AND THE GOOD MUSIC!
I like the new sound but what is getting to me is that some songs sound like they have gone to a political stance but even though it drives me nuts, i still like it because of the beats.
I bet all of you are eating your fucking words now...A Thousand Suns is fucking amazing! Hands down

Amen dude

Amen

Cody said:

I bet all of you are eating your fucking words now...A Thousand Suns is fucking amazing! Hands down

Thinking back, you know, I'd probrably be no longer listening to linkin park if they kept making hybrid theorys over and over again. They'd get old.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service