i thought id take the time to sign up to LP after hearing the new album
i really dont wanna sound miserable or anything but man 
WTF?
LP bring out 2 kick ass albums 
catches the worlds attention then
starts releasing this? 
your letting down the true fans
the fans that have been with you since hybrid theory 
hoping to hear more of the old school LP we love
and instead get this....
i can respect the whole new direction 
i do.
but its not like your angry at the world anymore.
instead of the old school linkin park that would protest indirectly 
with full enthusiasm
you centre your songs around a point and then fail to re-inforce it 
it like your giving the whole world the "im disappointed in you lecture"

its not my place to tell the artist how to do their job right? 
they must be gaining thousands of fans every weeks.

but its just so god damn depressing to see this band
the band that changed the face of music forever 
to stop making the music i love, the music that inspires me.

I, like any true LP fan has purchased all of your albums legally 
and supported the band as much as any run of the mill fan can.

but thats the last album im gonna buy. lost faith in the LP 
and the music its making 

i honestly couldn't go to an LP GIG now cause id have to BOOO my way through 85% of the set list to hear a half decent fucking song.

if you ever agreed to maybe do .... a retro tour, playing stuff from mainly hybrid theory and meteora i would be the first fucking person in line, but again chances of that are slim to none. i would fly over to the USA if i had to, just to see that gig.

doubt anyone will read this
but at least i feel a little better knowing ive fronted my views 
not that they make much sense, just the ramblings from inside my head.
you guys were my heros
This is Soo ******* up
G


Views: 405

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

True, but I'd still prefer them to be making music, even if the style changes.  The new album doesn't really qualify as music to me; just sampling and random noises...  I think they were going for ambitious, but to me, it just comes off as pretentious. 

 

Glad other people like it though, hopefully it will keep them in the music business and just maybe they'll eventually come back to their "sound" (without becoming repetitive).

Ben Moon said:

Thinking back, you know, I'd probrably be no longer listening to linkin park if they kept making hybrid theorys over and over again. They'd get old.

 

I sad these words because I wish that LP will come back to nu metal, because their music was absolutely the best for me, and not only for me...I only told that this album doesn't sound like the others and if you like this music I don't think you listened to their first album...LP are changing their fan, I think, and I'm so sorry, because the only think that I wish is to listen to a new nu metal LP album... bye and sorry for the bed words

Eric Salvatore said:

If you can't appreciate them for who they are now, get off this website and quit whining to us. You dont have to listen to it you know, you have a choice.



Davide Bergonzini said:

Until the first 2 albums LP were my GOD, because they were so fucking powerful and exiting... Also the third one was good, not all the songs... But the last one.. I CAN'T STAND THIS ALBUM, IT'S NOT ROCK AT ALL, IT'S SHIT... I think that this album is a DEFEAT 4 LP AND THE GOOD MUSIC!
I totally agree with you, Christian! I think that explain an opinion is wright, if LP will continue to make tihs music AmEN... But at least we've told what we thought...seeing that they're who they are also thanks to us.

Christian James Shaffer said:
The duty of the fans should not only be to support the band, but to point out if the band makes a mistake. If we don't say anything, then how will they know? Should'nt a band care about its fanbase, the ones who helped bring them where they are today?

Harriett said:
Okay. If the majority of the people here are saying that they are no longer Linkin Park fans, then why do y'all have an account on this website? The purpose of Linkinpark.com is to celebrate and support this band. If you no longer do, then get out of the club.


Brandon Watkinson said:
My favourite album out of all of LP's stuff was actually a tie between M2M and Hybrid then Meteora then 1000s. BUT I LIKED 1000 SUNS DONT LIKE THE DIRECTION THEY ARE TAKING BUT ITS HARD TO PLEASE SO MANY LINKIN PARK FANS. IF U GUYS HAVENT REALIZED YET THEY ARE EXPERIMENTING DIFFERENT GENRES OF MUSIC AND THATS WHY I AM ABLE 2 FORGIVE ALBUMS LIKE 1000 SUNS. SAYING THAT THOUGH THERE WERE SOME GOOD SONGS LIKE IRIDESCENT, WRETCHES & KINGS, AND OTHERS HOWEVER EVERYONE FOR ME THE VERDICT IS!

IF UR MAD ABOUT 1K SUNS 4GIVE & 4GET AND BASE UR JUDGEMENT ON THE NEXT ALBUM!
PERSONALLY I HAVENT HATED A SINGLE LP SONG TO DATE MY LEAST LIKED SONGS ARE:

THE LIL THINGS GIVE U AWAY
A COUPLE OF SONGS OFF REANIMATION
THE MESSENGER

1. Linkin Park always sampled stuff. Example: The intro for papercut (its an mpc1000 with guitar fx), the intro pad for runaway, almost the entire song of in between is sampling, and the intro of somewhere i belong. also, alot more.

2. Random noises? There are some fx in it, but that's it at the most. There's still that guitar (except when they come for me), bass, and drums. also there is chester singing and mike rapping. There is also a combination of rock, techno, and rap; just like hybrid theory. It's not that different if you think about it. They're just combining the genres in different ways.

GreenFrog said:

True, but I'd still prefer them to be making music, even if the style changes.  The new album doesn't really qualify as music to me; just sampling and random noises...  I think they were going for ambitious, but to me, it just comes off as pretentious. 

 

Glad other people like it though, hopefully it will keep them in the music business and just maybe they'll eventually come back to their "sound" (without becoming repetitive).

Ben Moon said:

Thinking back, you know, I'd probrably be no longer listening to linkin park if they kept making hybrid theorys over and over again. They'd get old.

 

Hi,

OK, but you're talking about intros and occasional songs. You can't deny there's a LOT more sampling in the new album. It seems like they inverted the sampling-to-music ratio in this one.  I have nothing against sampling as a "seasoning", to add an interesting flavor to a song, but to me ATS tastes like mostly seasoning and not enough "meat" (music).  There are way too many "artists" out there who contribute nothing new to music and just reheat bits of past music.  I have too much respect for LP to want them to be associated with that part of the music scene.  I don't mean to say that's exactly what they're doing, but it just has a bad taste for me.

As for the instruments... Did you see LP on Saturday Night Live this weekend?  There were 2 keyboards, one of them played by Brad, and most of the time Phoenix tried to look like he was enjoying himself while having nothing to do with his bass.  I mean, LP was never a bass player's group, but it seemed even more pronounced now.

 

As I've said before, I admire what they were trying to do, but in my opinion, I don't think they've achieved what they set out to do whit this album.


Ben Moon said:

1. Linkin Park always sampled stuff. Example: The intro for papercut (its an mpc1000 with guitar fx), the intro pad for runaway, almost the entire song of in between is sampling, and the intro of somewhere i belong. also, alot more.

2. Random noises? There are some fx in it, but that's it at the most. There's still that guitar (except when they come for me), bass, and drums. also there is chester singing and mike rapping. There is also a combination of rock, techno, and rap; just like hybrid theory. It's not that different if you think about it. They're just combining the genres in different ways.

GreenFrog said:

True, but I'd still prefer them to be making music, even if the style changes.  The new album doesn't really qualify as music to me; just sampling and random noises...  I think they were going for ambitious, but to me, it just comes off as pretentious. 

 

Glad other people like it though, hopefully it will keep them in the music business and just maybe they'll eventually come back to their "sound" (without becoming repetitive).

Ben Moon said:

Thinking back, you know, I'd probrably be no longer listening to linkin park if they kept making hybrid theorys over and over again. They'd get old.

 



GreenFrog said:

¡Hola!

Bien, pero estás hablando de intros y canciones de vez en cuando. No se puede negar que es una muestra mucho más en el nuevo álbum. Parece que se invierte la relación de muestreo a la música en este caso. No tengo nada en contra de muestreo como un "condimento", para agregar un sabor interesante para una canción, pero para mí gusto estimulantes de tipo anfetamínico, como todo el condimento y no lo suficiente "carne" (música). Hay demasiados "artistas" por ahí que no aportan nada nuevo a la música y sólo los bits de recalentamiento de la música del pasado. Tengo demasiado respeto por LP quiere que se asocie con la parte de la escena musical. Yo no quiero decir que es exactamente lo que están haciendo, pero sólo tiene un mal sabor para mí.

En cuanto a los instrumentos ... ¿Has visto LP en Saturday Night Live este fin de semana? Había dos teclados, uno de ellos interpretado por Brad, y la mayoría de las veces Phoenix trataba de parecerse a él se estaba divirtiendo mientras que no tienen nada que ver con su bajo. Quiero decir, LP nunca fue un grupo de bajista, pero me pareció aún más pronunciado ahora.

 

Como he dicho antes, admiro lo que estaban tratando de hacer, pero en mi opinión, no creo que hemos logrado lo que se propuso hacer ápice este álbum.


Ben Moon dijo:

1. Linkin Park siempre muestra cosas. Ejemplo: La introducción de Papercut (MPC1000 con uno de sus efectos de guitarra), la plataforma de introducción para los fugitivos, casi toda la canción de en medio es el muestreo, y la introducción de algún lugar al que pertenezco. También, mucho más.

2. Al azar de los ruidos? Hay algunos fx en él, pero eso es a lo sumo. Todavía hay esa guitarra (salvo cuando vienen para mí), bajo y batería. También se canta chester y rap micrófono. También hay una combinación de rock, techno, y el rap, al igual que la teoría híbrida. No es tan diferente si se piensa en ello. No son más que la combinación de los géneros de diferentes maneras.

GreenFrog dijo:

Es cierto, pero todavía había que prefieren hacer música, incluso si los cambios de estilo. El nuevo álbum en realidad no califican como la música para mí, sólo de muestreo al azar y ruidos ... Creo que se va a los ambiciosos, pero para mí, sólo sale como pretencioso. 

 

Me alegro de personas más les gusta, sin embargo, es de esperar que los mantendrá en el negocio de la música y sólo tal vez que el tiempo va a volver a su "sonido" (sin llegar a ser repetitivo).

Ben Moon dijo:

Pensando, ya sabes, me probrably ya no escuchar a Linkin Park si seguían haciendo Teorías híbrido y otra vez. Habían envejecer.

when coming linkin park to argentina again?  please return again!!!!

I want to buy the new album of linkin park but when i hear the album is not quite good, i confuse.. (should i buy this album?). I already hear the catalyst and waiting for the end,  didn't like the catalyst and for the waiting for the end at the first time didn't like it after hearing over and over again i like it..please LP come back to the old linkin park....with chester screaming so badly...that's why i become u'r fans at the first time....overall you GUYS are amazing...

 

People hate the new LP, because they want another Hybrid Theory. People hate the new Green Day, because they want another Dookie. People hate the new Metallica, because they want another Black album. People hate the new Pearl Jam, because they want another Ten. People hate the new Radiohead, because they want another Pablo Honey, and the same complaint goes on and on. If you don't like their new stuff, you can always listen to their old albums. 
people hate the years 2000, they want to come back to 1994.... Sorry guys but it's not gonna happen. Try better live in the present!

Who Dat LP Fan said:
People hate the new LP, because they want another Hybrid Theory. People hate the new Green Day, because they want another Dookie. People hate the new Metallica, because they want another Black album. People hate the new Pearl Jam, because they want another Ten. People hate the new Radiohead, because they want another Pablo Honey, and the same complaint goes on and on. If you don't like their new stuff, you can always listen to their old albums. 
I don't think so... there's a lot of bands that change their style but keeping rock or metal style, Black Album of Metallica is for me 1 of the best album in history, but Metallica's last one is still kickin'ass and it's still metal and I love it!!! In their last album, LP have lost their incredible rock style, you can't deny it!

Who Dat LP Fan said:
People hate the new LP, because they want another Hybrid Theory. People hate the new Green Day, because they want another Dookie. People hate the new Metallica, because they want another Black album. People hate the new Pearl Jam, because they want another Ten. People hate the new Radiohead, because they want another Pablo Honey, and the same complaint goes on and on. If you don't like their new stuff, you can always listen to their old albums. 
But they don't have to be rock or metal. Lets face it; Linkin Park was basically 40% hip hop, 40% rap and 20% electronica back in their old days. They don't have to be confined in a single genre.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service