catches the worlds attention then
starts releasing this? 
your letting down the true fans
the fans that have been with you since hybrid theory 
hoping to hear more of the old school LP we love
and instead get this....
i can respect the whole new direction 
i do.
but its not like your angry at the world anymore.
instead of the old school linkin park that would protest indirectly 
with full enthusiasm
you centre your songs around a point and then fail to re-inforce it 
it like your giving the whole world the "im disappointed in you lecture"

its not my place to tell the artist how to do their job right? 
they must be gaining thousands of fans every weeks.

but its just so god damn depressing to see this band
the band that changed the face of music forever 
to stop making the music i love, the music that inspires me.

I, like any true LP fan has purchased all of your albums legally 
and supported the band as much as any run of the mill fan can.

but thats the last album im gonna buy. lost faith in the LP 
and the music its making 

i honestly couldn't go to an LP GIG now cause id have to BOOO my way through 85% of the set list to hear a half decent fucking song.

if you ever agreed to maybe do .... a retro tour, playing stuff from mainly hybrid theory and meteora i would be the first fucking person in line, but again chances of that are slim to none. i would fly over to the USA if i had to, just to see that gig.

doubt anyone will read this
but at least i feel a little better knowing ive fronted my views 
not that they make much sense, just the ramblings from inside my head.
you guys were my heros
This is Soo ******* up
G

Views: 405

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

last album i bought was Reanimation, LP isnt good anymore, just playin off their name.

SHouldnt in the Rock genre, cuz its not rock music.

Where the hell is the rap/rock? Anyhow this post hits it perfectly on the dot!!!

I aint buying another album ... unless they actually turn this around...which is highly unlikely.

Guys, you do realise that Linkin Park can be "good" without being in the rock genre?
I don't see why it's highly unlikely that LP goes back to their old style? Look at U2, they made Pop and then get back to their old style, they were experimenting. Let's wait and see what the future brings.

But Linkin Park said they were done with rap metal and were moving on, since 5 years ago.

They want to challenge themselves and try new things. Old LP =/= new thing

fanny schneider said:

I don't see why it's highly unlikely that LP goes back to their old style? Look at U2, they made Pop and then get back to their old style, they were experimenting. Let's wait and see what the future brings.

yes maybe for now, but as they've changed their style recently, they can change again and, not go back to the old style, but compose something more inbetween those two style. No one knows, not even them, they follow their guts and maybe in the future they'll feel like doing something more rock rap or else.

Ben Moon said:

But Linkin Park said they were done with rap metal and were moving on, since 5 years ago.

They want to challenge themselves and try new things. Old LP =/= new thing

fanny schneider said:

Don't think is about hate or nostalgia, man.The majority of LP fans are Nu Metal fans, and basically changing the music style will result in a new fan base.

I like Radiohead too, and every time I listen a new album for the first time its a mix of sensations - or I hate it or I love it, or simply wished I had bought only 2 songs. That's Radiohead, I expect that from them, they are always experimenting new stuff and the result sometimes is simply genius.

You could say LP is getting alternative too or expanding their "horizons", but the reality is that 1000 suns is an epic fail because It didn't reach the necessary originality for this shift. Probably will attract a boys bands alike fan base though.

I and 1000 other fans listened LP for the epic Nu Metal on their songs. If LP thinks NM is not trendy, or it is sooo 90's, I guess all we have to do is  stop buying their albuns and move on.

Only time will say how this will end up, maybe they'r on the right track who knows? But I'm sure going to miss new songs with that nu metal along with Chester screaming his lungs out. QWERTY forever....

fanny schneider said:

people hate the years 2000, they want to come back to 1994.... Sorry guys but it's not gonna happen. Try better live in the present!

Who Dat LP Fan said:
People hate the new LP, because they want another Hybrid Theory. People hate the new Green Day, because they want another Dookie. People hate the new Metallica, because they want another Black album. People hate the new Pearl Jam, because they want another Ten. People hate the new Radiohead, because they want another Pablo Honey, and the same complaint goes on and on. If you don't like their new stuff, you can always listen to their old albums. 
I kind of agree with you, though I like the new album. :)

Marcio Barreto said:

Don't think is about hate or nostalgia, man.The majority of LP fans are Nu Metal fans, and basically changing the music style will result in a new fan base.

I like Radiohead too, and every time I listen a new album for the first time its a mix of sensations - or I hate it or I love it, or simply wished I had bought only 2 songs. That's Radiohead, I expect that from them, they are always experimenting new stuff and the result sometimes is simply genius.

You could say LP is getting alternative too or expanding their "horizons", but the reality is that 1000 suns is an epic fail because It didn't reach the necessary originality for this shift. Probably will attract a boys bands alike fan base though.

I and 1000 other fans listened LP for the epic Nu Metal on their songs. If LP thinks NM is not trendy, or it is sooo 90's, I guess all we have to do is  stop buying their albuns and move on.

Only time will say how this will end up, maybe they'r on the right track who knows? But I'm sure going to miss new songs with that nu metal along with Chester screaming his lungs out. QWERTY forever....

fanny schneider said:

people hate the years 2000, they want to come back to 1994.... Sorry guys but it's not gonna happen. Try better live in the present!

Who Dat LP Fan said:
People hate the new LP, because they want another Hybrid Theory. People hate the new Green Day, because they want another Dookie. People hate the new Metallica, because they want another Black album. People hate the new Pearl Jam, because they want another Ten. People hate the new Radiohead, because they want another Pablo Honey, and the same complaint goes on and on. If you don't like their new stuff, you can always listen to their old albums. 

they had rock in there as well

It is true though one genera gets rather old.

only reason I have managed to stick with this group for ten years, is because they change it up.

yet keep connecting elements to keep the body of work cohesive.

Ben Moon said:

But they don't have to be rock or metal. Lets face it; Linkin Park was basically 40% hip hop, 40% rap and 20% electronica back in their old days. They don't have to be confined in a single genre.

To all of you, I strongly doubt Linkin Park would go back to their old style. It isn't challenging for them, and they want to push the boundaries.

But that doesn't mean the next album could be really heavy and intense. but in a different way.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service