Today we premiered the music video for "Waiting for the End." It was an opportunity to experiment with pushing the digital envelope as it pertains to the visual language created thus far for A Thousand Suns. It was my attempt to digitally crush us to the point that you feel the soul of the music through what has become the essence of us. We become the ghosts in the machine. Some may say that because of technology, we lose a sense of who we are. I counter that by illustrating that we can get closer to who we are if we sift through the noise. If this sounds like it's too 'out there,' just ignore what I said and enjoy the pretty pictures. Let me know what you think here.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link.

-Joe

Views: 3624

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Joe
i would like to congratulate you for every single linkin park video you made. now i would like to state that i don't believe it's possible for this video to be any better. it is absolutly perfect and it has a very personal feeling wich is great for die hard fans xD.
...Wow.
That's all that came to my mind while watching the video the first time.
It's so abstract, but beautiful in a whole different way, so unlike all your videos before.
For me, it perfectly describes A Thousand Suns. It expresses exactly what I felt while listening to the album the very first time.
(Although Chester scared me a bit at the beginning... a skeleton? Brrr.... xD)

I thought about it for quite a few time, and I had a lot of ideas beginning with world rebuilding (someone on YouTube even said it was like a sequel to Leave Out All The Rest which was world destruction, more or less, that made me thinking again) and ending with it being just an analysis of the whole album.
But...
Hell, I don't know how to really interprete that video...
Maybe that is precisely the reason why I love it so much.
It leaves just so much space to interprete it and think about it over and over again.

And what also fascinates me is the fact that you can watch it again and again and there's always something that you didn't notice before. Just great! ^__^
This is totally amazing. Loving it is just too little..
Awesome (& addicting) video, inspiring song, and a huge congrats on being #1 on MULTIPLE charts!!!!!
GOSH i want an 1080p version of this to watch this video in its true glory, the way it was meant to be :)
Nice work with the video.
You guys are a lot like Rush, believe it or not. Your first album was a hit because of the new sound that a lot of people liked. Then over the course of the next few album, people started to get you less and less despite the act that you were trying to perfect your musicianship... I think "A Thousand Suns" is your "Caress of Steel" and your "2112" is right around the corner...

I suggest watching "Beyond the Lighted Stage" if none of that made sense...

Great vid!!!
I fucking love it.
hey joe!waiting for the end video is just amazing!!i have no words to say.thanks for this great video!!!
I really liked the Video .. It's Amazing . but really strange .. But GREAT JOB !!!
Love it!!
love the new vid, its a great song
the digital thing is really cool
ABSOLUTELY LOVE LINKIN PARK!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service