Today we premiered the music video for "Waiting for the End." It was an opportunity to experiment with pushing the digital envelope as it pertains to the visual language created thus far for A Thousand Suns. It was my attempt to digitally crush us to the point that you feel the soul of the music through what has become the essence of us. We become the ghosts in the machine. Some may say that because of technology, we lose a sense of who we are. I counter that by illustrating that we can get closer to who we are if we sift through the noise. If this sounds like it's too 'out there,' just ignore what I said and enjoy the pretty pictures. Let me know what you think here.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link.

-Joe

Views: 3624

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this vid is awsome great song cool effects [still liked the catalyst vid better]
Amazing! What an awesome video to fit such an awesome song! You guys are amazing with everything you do =)
Absolutely amazing work, Joe. It's my humble opinion that you captured beautifully the "essence" of the song itself with your incredible talent for moving images. I honestly didn't think that I could like the song any better, until I saw the video. Can't wait for the "Blackout" video!!! LP4life
I love how this video looks. AMAZING!!!! Linkin Park always knows how to make a good video. One of the only bands videos i have on my ipod.
Great job!!!! It was innovative and fun to watch.
Love it love it love it!!!!
I loved the song, the music,lyrics...but was apprehensive about the video in itself. The idea and format was truly great, but I think that it wasn't necessarily right for this song.
CREEPY COOL. I'm lost in the pretty pictures.... O.O
loved the new effects, although i feel the effect was used to much. would of been good to see like a blur or smudge effect that would happen after each movement. i think that would be cool. and i wasnt a fan of the face view of mike when he was rapping. enough with the negatives :) i liked the random chick holding a katana. who is she? she should of moved more, maybe cut the screen or something? chesters skull thing looked awesome! and the whole colour theme suited very well. great video.

btw, why wasnt i able to watch it because of my region? it annoys me that i have to find somewhere else to watch it unofficially. is it legal stuff or just because of mtv? thanks for possibly reading this, cant wait for the next one. im guessing wretches and kings
Definitely pretty. I like the way everyone did the wing position when Chester said "flying". Made them feel kind of robotic without being a robot. Maybe they didn't feel like robots because that was the only time they were in unison. So, it feels like they're individuals, but agree on some things, or have the same desires.

I thought it was very cool the way Chester's hand made the sun when he swung it in front of that circle.

Personally, I think you should've shown Chester during his "remix" thing at 3:05-3:14 rather than the band playing. It felt like it was supposed to be this 'digital climax', but instead it shows real life fluidity. Maybe you wanted that, though.
Hey Joe, you guys did an amazing job with this video and the album ...keep up the great work !!! the visuals and were amazing loved the video
Ghosts in the machine huh. Thats dope. ...Whats 'out there' anyways. Filtering out natural thought with societal norms is really whats 'out there'. I really appreciate you guys from the bottom. As human beings. If it weren't for you, I would have pushed passed light and hit the button.
Like many of people have already said... This is a VERY mezmorizing video ;)

I enjoyed every second of it, about 4 hours of it ;)

God JOB JOE!!!!! Thanks for doing what no others think about doing ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service