Today we premiered the music video for "Waiting for the End." It was an opportunity to experiment with pushing the digital envelope as it pertains to the visual language created thus far for A Thousand Suns. It was my attempt to digitally crush us to the point that you feel the soul of the music through what has become the essence of us. We become the ghosts in the machine. Some may say that because of technology, we lose a sense of who we are. I counter that by illustrating that we can get closer to who we are if we sift through the noise. If this sounds like it's too 'out there,' just ignore what I said and enjoy the pretty pictures. Let me know what you think here.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link.

-Joe

Views: 3575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh no... i'm very amazed of this video. you guys were making the world of music fantastic..
When will it be available to the rest of the world?
Since checked Facebook, and here's the link to it on YouTube so that we can all watch it now - thanks :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qF_qbaWt3Q
Hi Joe! I saw the video and I love the visual impact. I think you have really reached your goal "illustrating that we can get closer to who we are if we sift through the noise." All the points linked together to make a kind of structure(making me think about genes of something like that) and it's also looking like the stars in the universe: where everything has started for us all. I also liked the images of animals and skulls because for me, it represents our base: the nature, our real environment. All of this + the song, it's fantastic! Bravo!

Anyway, the entire album is amazing. I love the evolution in A Thousand Suns(musically and lyrically). The messages you are telling are the ones we need to hear because our world needs a big change. It's true: " we lose a sense of who we are." We need to come back to our sources, to come back to ourselves as humans beings, as a little part of a infinite universe. People are too busy doing their little things just like robots, being so selfish and afraid of each others. Sad but True! Our technology doesn't make us advanced beings, it's just the tools we've created and it's supposed to help us(now and the next generations). It's time to stop thinking like they did before us: " I don't care, I'll be dead anyway!". We all know what this way of thinking has done!

A Thousand Suns album is sending me this message: I know, it's not simple. We're lost and afraid, but there is always hope. We can find a new way to be, but we have to stand up together.
Awesome video, unusual, I like it, luv the song and adore the album. I listen to it over and over and cannot get tired of it, just like your other albums, far worth the wait. You guys are the Best !!!!!
Yeah, I've got no objections to this kind of creation. But you see, when it comes to me, my favo is In the end. That is a kind of creation that i think is adequate. From NEW DIVIDE I think it is sort of, excessively, full of tech that I can't see an entire person.
I like this video! =)
Great job, Joe! Thanks!
Want more!!!
joe, the songs of linkin park inspire me to my own imagination. seeing your video is like discussing the music with somebody that sees it from a totally different angle. inspiring and interesting. thank you for doing it! i am so looking forward to see you soon!
It's really amazing.It is a brand new.... i dont know how to say...its really cool
Mind-Blowing...I really can't begin to try to words...Really I thought I might like the transition to a style with less hard riffs or tracks like In The End or Breaking The Habit but its still an amazing gift...the recent vids and as well as LP has done something new and stop making the same type of music but still make it just as good...I do though hope for more rapping from Mike in the future, harder riffs here and there and maybe some of the old style of music hear and there...But "in the end" still 5 stars!!!, for the album and vids...
Great song and the video too. Nice to see all members of LP in it, cool effects!!! Wonderful that this song was select for the next video of thousand suns, it`s the favourite song of my friend who I know because LP, so I can more thinking about my Kim even though she is so far away! Thanks LP!!!
ill be honest, it was weird but in a good way. it was good, Joe u did an amzing job with the computer graphics. its amazing wat you can do with a computer.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service