Today we premiered the music video for "Waiting for the End." It was an opportunity to experiment with pushing the digital envelope as it pertains to the visual language created thus far for A Thousand Suns. It was my attempt to digitally crush us to the point that you feel the soul of the music through what has become the essence of us. We become the ghosts in the machine. Some may say that because of technology, we lose a sense of who we are. I counter that by illustrating that we can get closer to who we are if we sift through the noise. If this sounds like it's too 'out there,' just ignore what I said and enjoy the pretty pictures. Let me know what you think here.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link.

-Joe

Views: 3576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love It! I love your music. You guys rock! I like your explanation of the video - technology and losing who we are. I totally think technology can take away some of us, if we let it. It can be very cold and impersonal, but it also can be a great way to stay connected. Sometimes though, I think technology has taken away a lot of personal conversation/contact. It is sad. A balance would be nice...
BEST ROCK GROUP !!!!!!!!!
When you,re guys come to jakarta again... its great song, i hear it over an over again.. Bravo!!!
Oh dear Joe, how is it that u can articulate everything that I think??? So unfair! Anyways,just playing w/ u, I totally get the video..... Thx, Susanne....
I love the vid. I feel like some shots of the whole band would've been cool too, but overall I really enjoyed it.
Wow, Joe, the video is cool. I know it was kind of simple when you were filming it, but it doesen' t look like that.It's fresh, new and just awesome. Love the part when Mike starts rapping after Chaz ends the chorus. Hope the next single will be "When They Come for Me". Bye! Keep doing such great videos and songs!
Is one of the best music videos , personally my favorite .
I love this video and this song.... !!!!! You 're the best!!!!..... I love you!!!! <3 <3 <3

I like the video! 

I'm just waiting for Joe to blow something up!!!

Director Michael Bay is always good at doing that type of stuff!

It's a pity, guies, but this video is not as fantastic as I expected... Slick simple plot. It was curious to learn anatomy, but alas I saw no symbolism in the video. Most importantly what is missing in your music videos in recent years is fascinating stories intergrated with an exciting world of song. It was nothing to do with the song in this video. It could be better. I apologize for the fact I only criticize but I have read too many good comments here. I wanted to add a spoonful of tar. I hope you will not be offended at me... =(

Definitely one of your best music videos.  I certainly felt the intensity of the message you were trying to convey through the pulsing clips of you all - cutting from the music's creation to the rotating freeze-frame of its creators.  Very well done.

I think that this music video show the song's message well and it was REALLY COOL. I really enjoyed the video and the song too.!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service