Today we premiered the music video for "Waiting for the End." It was an opportunity to experiment with pushing the digital envelope as it pertains to the visual language created thus far for A Thousand Suns. It was my attempt to digitally crush us to the point that you feel the soul of the music through what has become the essence of us. We become the ghosts in the machine. Some may say that because of technology, we lose a sense of who we are. I counter that by illustrating that we can get closer to who we are if we sift through the noise. If this sounds like it's too 'out there,' just ignore what I said and enjoy the pretty pictures. Let me know what you think here.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link.

-Joe

Views: 3576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi guys,
I`m realy like your previous work ,But this song is not my favorite ,sorry ,The Catalist i like it a lot it speaks to me more.
I havent heard the rest of the album so I am not gonna judge you upon a one song.

Best regards to you all

ZeroOne
I love the digital effects. The color use is great and it does have that 'pretty' factor that appeals to so many. The light show creates an easy trance like effect, merging music and visuals very nicely. Neither distracts from the other. Nice balance there!

While I think this is a great video, great reflection of where the band has come to, I felt the video could have been really epic, 'video of the year' quality. You have this amazing combination of mature audio and great visuals, but it never seems to peak, visually that is. I dig it, really, really dig it, as an artist myself, but wanted to see a more grand visual finish to follow the great climax of the audio.

Either way, great work!
Wonderful, trippin' video for a great song...and another A+ album!
http://mp3.zing.vn/mp3/video-clip/xem-video/Waiting-For-The-End.566...
here'a link to see it

Fae Idrus said:
I can't watch the video because it's not available in my region. :( Would love to see how amazing this video turns out...
You're amazing director, Joe! I like the most how you can make every music video unique and great.
But I miss the chance to see you live in my country. GOOD LUCK, GUYS!!!
I like it very much!!! Linkin Park are the best in the world.
Great video, wonderful effects and great idea.This is one of my favorite songs on the album.Please make video for Iridescent.
Diffrent from others at all....same instruments...but more n more perfect.....yeah we like this!
Epic video "extreme close-up!" ha
I absolutely LOVE the vid! It is my new favorite lp vid. Joe you never fail to impress my with your awesome creativity!
its a very interesting video... deffinately not what i expected for this song but yeah its really awsome! aspecially in HD. Sir Hahn you done it again man :P well done
REALLY COOL!!!! good job ALL u guys!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service