Today we premiered the music video for "Waiting for the End." It was an opportunity to experiment with pushing the digital envelope as it pertains to the visual language created thus far for A Thousand Suns. It was my attempt to digitally crush us to the point that you feel the soul of the music through what has become the essence of us. We become the ghosts in the machine. Some may say that because of technology, we lose a sense of who we are. I counter that by illustrating that we can get closer to who we are if we sift through the noise. If this sounds like it's too 'out there,' just ignore what I said and enjoy the pretty pictures. Let me know what you think here.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link.

-Joe

Views: 3620

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey i love this video..Its nice and new from lp..KEEP IT UP!!!!!
I didn't know what to think at first, but it grew on me very fast. You are an excellent director with a style all your own. Would love to see a sequel to The Seed! But awesome video for a terrific song!
I think it´s great work from you...really guys ...I admire everything what you´re doing... On the other side. the video for "the Catalyst" was more interesting for me, but it doesn´t matter, I will always love your work !!..great !! :))...
i can't see i'm from mexico =/
THIS VIDEO IS AMAZING. PLEASE LP COME IN ITALY!!!! I M WAITING FOR YOU FOR 10 YEARS
when will we get to view it in full HD...
this video is the freakingly awesome. I still have the goosebumps. The effects literally made me dumbstruck
then again i wanna say that this album completely changed the way i hear or like music. In simple words liking this album made my music choice more mature

If you like ATS...put raise your hands.., if not, raise your standards :)

lp 4 eva!
when will we get to view it in full HD...
this video is the freakingly awesome. I still have the goosebumps. The effects literally made me dumbstruck
then again i wanna say that this album completely changed the way i hear or like music. In simple words liking this album made my music choice more mature

If you like ATS...put raise your hands.., if not, raise your standards :)

lp 4 eva!
I love the video and the fact that, like the song, it was unexpected but completely compatible with the sound and the lyrics. I cant wait for the next video and Im kind of hoping it will be for blackout.
I know how you feel, Im kind f hoping they come to Puerto Rico too=(
ive never seen anything like this...i loooovee it!!!!!! nice work, looks like it was a tough video to make. but u pulled it off! :)
THE VIDEO IS SIMPLY AMAZING...that aside,

Joe, I think the video is very artistic and meaningful. It showed a lot of stuff that makes you wanna look back from the beginning to see it again and figure out what that "stuff" symbolizes. And yes, the soul of the music is certainly visualized as you've said. As an artist, I got great eye for detail so I noticed what you're trying to portray and show us here..maybe lol.

To me you're trying to say through the video that people and machines aren't a bad combination as some has claimed it to be, they say one loses oneself in the chaos of the internet, tv, mobile phones, video games etc.. But then you showed us that we can still find ourselves despite losing ourselves in the modern world of high technology by sorting through it all and listen to our own voices inside. OH GOODNESS I'M GETTING CONFUSED OF WHAT I JUST TYPED lol. MAJOR HEADACHE.. ANYWAY! that's what I think. Go figure

And Joe, you're a creative visionary. Both you and Mike and Chester are great artists that sees more than what normal people tend to see, you dig deeper. I admire Linkin Park's passion for their music too. I wish you all the best and I hope that one day we could meet and share our thoughts on things, that would be awesome. I'm a Perfectionist like you! we'd get along just great..and fight just as great when we don't agree on something lol
GREAT VIDEO AND GOOD JOB ON IT...THIS SONG IS SPEAKING TO MY LIFE ALOT! <3

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service