Today we premiered the music video for "Waiting for the End." It was an opportunity to experiment with pushing the digital envelope as it pertains to the visual language created thus far for A Thousand Suns. It was my attempt to digitally crush us to the point that you feel the soul of the music through what has become the essence of us. We become the ghosts in the machine. Some may say that because of technology, we lose a sense of who we are. I counter that by illustrating that we can get closer to who we are if we sift through the noise. If this sounds like it's too 'out there,' just ignore what I said and enjoy the pretty pictures. Let me know what you think here.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link.

-Joe

Views: 3570

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The video is brilliant! The video is so beautiful with the points of light shining on you guys. Very cool looking images that appear on you guys as well. Love the video Joe! Keep up the good work guys.
Musically = Different
Visually = Epic

Mind = Blown

Mr. Hahn, you guys never cease to amaze me.
The video s perfect. The visual direction you guys are taking with everything dealing with A Thousand Suns fits perfectly with our times and those who fail to see that need to open their eyes to the world around them.
I absolutely love the video. It's a combination of new-age technology and a representation of something more spiritual. But it seems like it didn't totally match the song. Maybe it's just me, I mean, everybody's got different tastes, but the song seems so summery that the black background and glowing blues seemed not to correspond with the song itself.

I feel like I'm being confusing... Let me rephrase this: Alone, the song is amazing. And the music video is equally stupendous, but when combined I feel like they form some sort of paradox between them - the song gives off a bright, lifting vibe whereas the video's hypnotic glows and carefully blended movements feels more mysterious and profound.

It kinda sucks that I feel this way because the video was truly amazing and there was an obvious amount of work going into this. Maybe I just don't fully understand what your vision for this video meant in accordance with the song, or maybe I'm just confused and don't understand what the song means, or maybe I'm just overall wrong. But either way, I still love the new MV and am still amazed at your awesome skills, Mr. Hahn. -claps hands-
I think the video was really cool and creative. It is definitely unique, but that's what i like about the band. Keep up the good work. :)
can't watch it... it's not available in my region... hope to see it soon somewhere!
Hey Joe,

I can't see the video in my region yet. I don't know how long I have to wait. I'm from Holland...
Awesome job guys, I love the visual feel and I really feel like I am being taken through a journey with "A Thousand Suns"
simplemente SORPRENDENTE
the video is not available in my region. I'm from germany. wtf
Awesome Video/Awesome Graphics!! Definitely will change the face of the music video world... You just made you guys shine even more!! <3
Incredible as always! You never cease to amaze me! A brilliant example of pure art!!! Love it! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service