Today we premiered the music video for "Waiting for the End." It was an opportunity to experiment with pushing the digital envelope as it pertains to the visual language created thus far for A Thousand Suns. It was my attempt to digitally crush us to the point that you feel the soul of the music through what has become the essence of us. We become the ghosts in the machine. Some may say that because of technology, we lose a sense of who we are. I counter that by illustrating that we can get closer to who we are if we sift through the noise. If this sounds like it's too 'out there,' just ignore what I said and enjoy the pretty pictures. Let me know what you think here.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link.

-Joe

Views: 3571

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Short Version: I loved the video! Absolutely amazing!

Long Version: I almost feel like Joe's words should accompany the video somehow as a sort of instructional commentary. As a piece of visual art it makes so much more sense after reading the artist explain the vision behind it. It helped to conjure up images of what's left after a civilization moves on and/or destroys itself. The fading/degrading digital imprint of humanity in its final moments that serves as a guide for those who come after. Incredible.

I love that about a lot of LP's work. It can be enjoyed as just entertaining music and videos but if you put in a little more thought and effort it suddenly becomes something more cerebral and meaningful that, when it finally hits you, makes you step back and say "...whoa. This is awesome."

Thanks for taking a leap guys, I'm enjoyin' the hell out of it!
Always going above the expectations of others
amazing Joe
!!!SUPER!!!
I WISH I'D BE IN THIS VIDEO. LOL
I WAS SO DEPRESSED AND DIDN'T WANT TO LIVE TODAY. I WANTED TO COMMIT SUICIDE TODAY. BUT AFTER WATCHING THIS VIDEO I GOT A WILL TO LIVE.
THANKS LP
fucking amazing... I love this song... It´s a little bit crazy but it´s nice
SWU... I´ll be there for U LP.
Wow! awesome work a mix of x-ray and astronomy. Very Cool!!!!!!!!!
Wow, thanks Joe.
When I first saw The Catalyst clip, I was a little disappointed. It was good, but not really what I had expected, in a way I didn't like, from what I had seen in the preview "making of" clips on LPTV.
Now that I have seen this, I can see that the clips from this album are also a progression, as the album, and every album LP have made, have been.
So you're taking us on another journey, and I can deal with that.
I think the clip is perfect for the song, I clearly felt the message you are trying to convey while watching the clip, before I actually read this, and I get other little pieces of the album and other LP clips and music from the clip as well, and I really enjoyed that.
This is a spectacularly beautiful, painful, and energised way to express the song. I also love that you choose not to change the clip too much with the changes in the song, and I think it gave more power to the song itself by you doing so.

Once again, thanks. So blown away.
Love the new video, visually hypnotic, awesome album!
Dear Linkin Park
I have to say this is a pretty cool video. I like like how its in slow motion and how its from every angle and I get the correlation between the slow motion and waiting for the end. But it wasn't Mike's best angle, it was actually unflattereing. But I like how it looked on Chester and how it was night sky and connecting the stars together but it needed to show Chester more. I really didn't like the animal part mainly due to the fact that I didn't know how it corresponded with that. I had expected something completly different but I like this idea. Overall it was a good video, but some things could have been changed. You guys really know how to tell a story and keep up teh good work.
Thank You
Have A good Day
Deena
This is a beautiful video for such a beautful song. Had to watch it three times (then four for good measure). It fits the song perfectly. Keeping pushing to be different and kicking stereotypical butt.
I don't know what the idea of the catalyst music video was, but this one was alot better visually
I freakin' love the video man!!!! Great work Joe (aka) the MASTER at directing videos and DJ scratching

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service