Today we premiered the music video for "Waiting for the End." It was an opportunity to experiment with pushing the digital envelope as it pertains to the visual language created thus far for A Thousand Suns. It was my attempt to digitally crush us to the point that you feel the soul of the music through what has become the essence of us. We become the ghosts in the machine. Some may say that because of technology, we lose a sense of who we are. I counter that by illustrating that we can get closer to who we are if we sift through the noise. If this sounds like it's too 'out there,' just ignore what I said and enjoy the pretty pictures. Let me know what you think here.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link.

-Joe

Views: 3576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

like always a unique piece of art. this is one of the things I love about You Guys. keep on create LP ;>
Originally the lyrics had one vibe... but with the edition of the video they come off a bit different, reexamining my thought pattern. Some may say that because of technology, we lose a sense of who we are. I have been hearing this, but never believed it. I think we can explore aspects of ourselves not accessible in the 'real world' [that is really nothing more than pixels in the first place]. Actually 'find' who we are. I counter that by illustrating that we can get closer to who we are if we sift through the noise. A feat that can prove to be difficult, there is just so much excess random and repeats, that sometimes the sot after notion is passed right by, or trampled on. Even going through a few hundred results is daunting.

Random things:
-color palette: blues give it a heavenly vibe, bringing the digital in to the natural of space.
I took them as constellations at first.
-chester 'hollowed out': his more angelic vocal and skull/ghost aspect, has an unsettling feeling with the contradiction
-Mike Vs Chester: [lyrics too]
Mike's tone make him seem cheeky, cocky, slightly sarcastic,
yet he seem to be pleading with the viewer
Chester tone is so mellow, light, and a bit happy,
yet he seems to be challenging the viewer
It could just be them, but it made me ponder the song more.

I am over thinking this.. good interesting video, be fun to watch on a holodeck
It's not available for us Canadians :( I would love to see it though
Interesting video...not what I would expect from LP. Strong message, haunting lyrics, incredible video presentation with haunting images...perfect for an October release. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album. When will you dudes come to Seattle?
Great song, great lyrics, great video, Keep on doing things like this. You allways surprise us doing something new. Thank u guys!!
who cares about you? lol

Tiagao said:
I HATE THE NEW ALBUM!!!!!!

I'm not a linkin park fan enymore!
It's cool. It maintains your idea of always bringing new stuff to the table. It's well done, good work :D
Two words for you Joe: special and amazing!
WOW !!!!!!! Great video but shouldn't expect any different.......favourite song on album but the album itself is very addictive........Keep up the great work.....Cant wait till november!!!!!
I really like it, it fits the album and the song very well. Though, I would have liked a music video like 'the catalyst' too (:

what I liked the most was the part were chester says: 'flying with the speed of light' and everybody spread there arms. I don't know why but that for some reason gave me chills. ^^
Amazing always and innovating. It´s always a surprise each album. Here at home from the little one with almost 8 weeks old and her brother that went to your concert in Portugal with 4 months in my womb and he's now 6 and half, to the elder ones (us parents) we love you Guys so please keep surprising us with your music and innovation. P.s my son is your fan and when I'm taking him to school he's always saying, "mom please can I listen to the music of the transformers?" I'm sure he will love your newest album as much as I will.
I am glad that somebody is still doing videos with fun and brains. I loved the illustration that sort of reflects the core of life existance with its univers and constelation but calculated vibe, plus every scene will make an awesome poster....aka in translation....I loved the vid, great work, fits with the song.....

M

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service