Today we premiered the music video for "Waiting for the End." It was an opportunity to experiment with pushing the digital envelope as it pertains to the visual language created thus far for A Thousand Suns. It was my attempt to digitally crush us to the point that you feel the soul of the music through what has become the essence of us. We become the ghosts in the machine. Some may say that because of technology, we lose a sense of who we are. I counter that by illustrating that we can get closer to who we are if we sift through the noise. If this sounds like it's too 'out there,' just ignore what I said and enjoy the pretty pictures. Let me know what you think here.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link.

-Joe

Views: 3576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Mr. Hahn

That is an incredible video! One of my favourite ones ever. You are the best video director in the world. I watch MTV everyday, just to see you guys. Congratulations for the EMA, I voted everyday.

You will ALWAYS have a biggest fan in me.

Love you guys a lot!!!!!
Well said! 

Maliha said:
Absolutely poignant... wonderfully moving! Captures the soul and essence of the song... points of light reminiscent of stars... crushed diamonds scattered in the vast sea of a blue gray data universe... Enlightenment and Interdependence... Technology and Humanity... Science and Art... the connections that define us...

Again... I luv the lattice of light viewed through the soul... glittering crystals each a lace like work of unique fractal art... representing diversity and relatedness at the same time... endings and beginnings... the paradoxes of human life...

The Rorschach Ink Blot effect... A kaleidoscope of visual imagery... Beautiful effort Joe!

God bless your art.

Maliha from Pakistan
I really liked the video. Awesome graphics! Waiting For The End is my favorite song!!!!!!!!!!
LP rocks!!!!!!!
Love the song so much, it sounds different but can't get enough of it.
this song is incredible specially the begining
Wow, the video is cool, one of the best that LP has ever made!
Love the new album not as good as Meteora in my opinion. Mike is cool.
beautiful song of the album's best for my taste
hope for you in 2011 do not forget Latin America (ARGENTINA LOVES YOU) THE SHOW WAS AMAZING! wait for the dvd!
you are the best :)
That was a really cool video!
GOOD JOB
i love it!!!! totally cool!!! you guys are the best!!!!!!
i like linkin park

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service