Yeah, this will be a topic, which can harm me a lot, but it needs to be said.

www.linkinpark.com has way too less active mods and admins. At least on the Main Chat. I don't know if mods like Caroline or Taminator do their job or even get on more than 2 times a month, but the only mods the members can rely on are Dragonlp and Tiernan. They are the only mods online on chat and acually taking care of it and sadly they can't be on 24/7.

I will tell now my opinion. This network really does only consist of these 2. Adam comes on and takes care of the chat from time to time. AC and RC are rarly on.But ok, understandable, you both have a big company to lead, but the mods are just Dragonlp and Tiernan, the rest ain't active. I never see them in the chat. I even doubt if Caroline knows that she is a mod. And as far as I heared and read, Taminator doesn't even like lp.com and is only online on LPU (-> doesn''t care about lp.com im my opinion). I don't wanna offend anyone, please don't get me wrong. 
You can't deny it, specially members, who are often in the Chat and they don't cuz they say the same, because it's the biggest problem in this network. And flaggers are useless, completly useless, its like being a normal member just with a title.

Today, people spammed, sent links for downloading ATS and attacked people and their families (I have been a victim of it, I dunno if it has been reported, but I can say, I sweared a lot because someone went at my family. I couldn't just sit there and wait till a mod / admin comes on chat. I hope this can be forgiven anyways, but that's off the topic already. Just wanted to explain with that, that we need to do self jusitice, if that happens...). Reporting is useless mostly imo cuz many people who do that, do it on purpose and do second accounts. When anyone sees that report, its already too late and mostly the ban also because they already reached their goal. 

So what I try to say is, that we NEED more Moderators, mature Moderators who knows, that this job is a hard job, which needs lots of time to put in. I know that it is hard, I lead a site over a year, and I know damn well that it needs capeable admins to keep the site clean and fun for the members. If just 2 moderators are active in such a big network, it can only fail, specially in the Chat, which is really sad. 
So we need at least 10 Moderators, who are even using the chat, to keep it clean and fun for the members. That's my opinion. 

I did that discussion on purpose on public, cuz I dunno if otherwise I would be noticed. It is damn necessary and needs to be said. I hope you Admins will agree on that and hire new competent Moderators and remove the non active ones. And I hope that you don't hate me for saying that now and ban me or whatever, I just want LPN to be save and enjoiable for everyone. Do the right thing for the sake of linkinpark.com and its members.

Thx for your time.

Tags: admins, breaking, chat, help, linkin, moderators, offending, park, rule, spam

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

agree 100% bro DON'T BANN ME FOR AGREEING LOL
It's ok Stef... It's your opinion and well, that's your right. :)

If it helps....
* Caro knows she's a mod but (last I knew) has a lot of personal things going on in her life so she has not been able to be here
* Adam, Rachel and Athena are all uber busy with everthing at HQ (with the album, tour, and new year of LPU rollin out next month) so, again they can't be here hardly at all.....

* Adam, Rachel and Athena are on here more often than you all know tho and do work on cleaning stuff up...... They just don't let everyone know "Hey I took care of this issue" ..... we staff members even wonder sometimes if it's been taken care of because they don't advertise that they did this... That's just they way they roll.. :)

As far as the banning being useless and the flaggers being useless.... I have to disagree [sort of]
The flaggers are a BIG help to all of us because they can let us know of issues that need taken care of that we may not see.... They also can hide said content until a mod can take action...
Banning however, at the moment is a little "useless" but none of the staff have any control over it... this is a major fail of Ning that we have been working on getting them to fix for some time. Like how we mods can now suspend ppl from chat, we didn't use to be able to.... Admin had to talk to Ning to get that function available.

In short, I feel your frustration.... and all staff knows about this thread so..... we'll see what happens :)

PS: As long as it is not meant to be disrespectful to the staff, you won't get warned/fluted :P [Same for you Shane]
I completely agree Stef, good on you for voicing your opinion :)
You're not useless Ira :)

And how do you think I became a mod in the first place :D I was an Unofficial Helper (aka: Unofficial Flagger) on the LPU site and had fun with the FAQ thread :) Trust me when I say none of you guys are useless.

The iSCREAM Num Num :3 (Flagger) said:
Well i agree stef.. all the things that u've been posted is right. it helps btw!

i have no idea what should i post in here, u already told all the facts which happens on LPC... and our mod Tiernan and Dan has been read ur post. Hope our admin have a time to read it too. im honest i feel useless with this flagger title, but i've been reported many things and i'll try my best for LPN. ^^

Thanks again to tell us what's ur feeling and opinion in here stef.
Head Hurting by all the LONG Comments Going insane OMG OMG OMG *Head explodes*:D XD
Mine was the shortest comment xD

Shane"The Hotness"[Hotopian God] said:
Head Hurting by all the LONG Comments Going insane OMG OMG OMG *Head explodes*:D XD
Finally someone who doesn't type in Paragraph Comments Thank You xD

Abz; RAWR! ^.^ said:
Mine was the shortest comment xD

Shane"The Hotness"[Hotopian God] said:
First of All Athena should activate the Email Verification thing and approval thing, Even Ning networks like Twilight, All American Rejects, Enrique have it. So why not "Linkin Park" ? For your information, anyone can sign up with any email id and spam on this website and this thing is happening.

Second of all the Admins can Appoint "Chat Mods" who can only kick people from the chat, Ning has added that feature, The current mods can Kick and Ban People. But "Chat Mods" will be only kick out people from the chat and well that is absolutely fine. Athena and Rachel should really think about it. I know you and tiernan cannot be always online, But appoint the people who r mostly in here and who help.

I dont know if you people will be against this, BUT STEF SAID THE RIGHT THING.

I Really dont know why "Andrew" is still a flagger, he has not even posted a Single thing on the group. Atleast appoint the people who r on this website, he does not even comes on this website.

I am Completely with Stef on this. I really like to thank Stef to post this issue, Athena, Rachel and Adam should have a look at this Blog.

Thank You.

dragonlp20© (moderator) said:
It's ok Stef... It's your opinion and well, that's your right. :)
If it helps.... * Caro knows she's a mod but (last I knew) has a lot of personal things going on in her life so she has not been able to be here * Adam, Rachel and Athena are all uber busy with everthing at HQ (with the album, tour, and new year of LPU rollin out next month) so, again they can't be here hardly at all..... * Adam, Rachel and Athena are on here more often than you all know tho and do work on cleaning stuff up...... They just don't let everyone know "Hey I took care of this issue" ..... we staff members even wonder sometimes if it's been taken care of because they don't advertise that they did this... That's just they way they roll.. :)

As far as the banning being useless and the flaggers being useless.... I have to disagree [sort of]
The flaggers are a BIG help to all of us because they can let us know of issues that need taken care of that we may not see.... They also can hide said content until a mod can take action...
Banning however, at the moment is a little "useless" but none of the staff have any control over it... this is a major fail of Ning that we have been working on getting them to fix for some time. Like how we mods can now suspend ppl from chat, we didn't use to be able to.... Admin had to talk to Ning to get that function available.

In short, I feel your frustration.... and all staff knows about this thread so..... we'll see what happens :)

PS: As long as it is not meant to be disrespectful to the staff, you won't get warned/fluted :P [Same for you Shane]
Well, here it goes. First of all Stef has hit the nail on the head here. I totally agree with him on majority of the points he has highlighted & kudos for him to do so. I can say I have been abused in chat & I exactly know what it really feels like.
We can’t blame any of the mods who seem less active to us, Tami takes care of the LPU along with the others & Caroline is having some personal problems I have been hearing about, moreover we can’t expect mods to be online on daily basis because like regular human beings they have a life to run & a family to take care of, I can say that no one has any fault in this, mods and admins try as hard as possible to be online & more active and take care of issues that are effecting our site, they do a good job too cause you can’t even remotely think of the amount of issues they have taken care already without letting us know.
I would like to emphasize on this thing that “US” flagger feel useful only if we report at the same time while that person is spamming or offending people in chat (Most the times me or Ira will be online but sometimes we are not able to respond) & that report gets taken care of (Person is banned or temporary suspended or warned) within appropriate amount of time. This is a perfect scenario. On the contrary sometime we are not online or busy and we can’t report the same time, even if we do report at that moment, the chances of that report getting looked at in appropriate amount of time is not always bright cause simply in my case the time zone is GMT +3.00 and most of the mods are asleep. (I say appropriate cause in report we provide the URL of the offender, a rationale offender can change its URL cause system allows them to do so with ease). If the offender had changed his / her URL the mod / admin will think that this was taken care by someone and so forth.
Now I report everything to Tiernan at least I try to with whatever I have on my hands & as some of you might know she was having some family issues & she could not be here for some weeks. During that period the time came when people would copy some others members profile and pose as them in the chat spamming or abusing everyone around them, At that time the chat was a mess simply cause mods did not knew that the person they are banning is the real one or the copy, That was sorted a while back. Due to my job I could not be more active in chat in the last month or so, before that a time came when I seriously gave thought to quit from being a helper / flagger cause honestly the issues I was reporting were not being taken care of, after that I just said I am not going to report cause seriously what is the point to report someone if any action is not going to be taken and I get all jittery when I see my reports are unattended for long periods, this is very painful cause we say in chat “We are the staff of the site, Please stop this or you will be dealt by the Moderators” , so that person is like “I don’t care I am here to cause a ruckus” after that they continue to do that for days, as a effect we gradually loose the trust of the people cause we boastfully say we reported them to the Moderator so don’t worry. Next day we are being asked questions by people that why don’t you do anything can’t you see the chat?
Also one more thing every moderator has their unique own way of working some only give one warning (I think this is the best cause it take people roughly 30 seconds to make a new profile) to the offender and some can give 2 or 3 chances to them (which I really can’t get).
I think I have said enough & I am going to be BOO-ed for writing this long but this Blog should be renamed to WE NEED MORE CHAT MODERATORS cause honestly we can’t tell someone that they are just in active lol we just need more like them, I am not saying recruit 10 new mods. At least consider doing something about this.
i think this thing is even bigger than the thing stef wrote lol
I know I'm a mod, and I know I have a job to do, but it's hard following everything up when you got college, funerals, going in and out of hospitals every now and then plus focusing on your career. And Stef, you know I'm online, I'm just not posting anything, and I keep myself offline during being here due all the extra work. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to chat, and I promise to be more active in the future, but as NeXus is saying, I have a life, and I can't be online on a daily basis.
Well, I suppose it's time for my two cents, lol. Please realize my comments are made in general, and are not directed at any specific person.

Stef, of course I don't think any differently about your post, because it is your opinion. If we all thought the same things the world would be a pretty boring place.

I agree that more help on the site would be nice. However, there is a definite lack of people responsible enough to handle the position, as has been proven in the past. It may not seem like a lot of work to some people, but I can tell you from experience that it IS a lot of work.

As some of you know, I have been dealing with some serious health issues concerning my husband. This was made aware to the mods and admins, and was not public knowledge, nor should it have been. Also, as many of you do know, I have a family and a full time job. I spend as much time on the site as I can.

I also agree that we need some help from Ning to add some more security to the site. Please know that Athena and Rachel are working on this. They trust us to maintain the site as best as we can while they work hard to make our requests a reality. In addition, you can only begin to imagine how busy they are, and especially Adam, handling the upcoming release of the new album, the tour, and everything else going on with the band.

It seems that the perception of the moderators is that we don't do enough on the site. This may sound harsh, but there is no way that someone can measure our contributions to the site based on seeing or not seeing us in the chat. I realize the chat is a big part, and a popular part of the site. However, a lot of our duties fall to the rest of the site. This is just a sample of the things we do: approve blog posts, monitor photo section and remove inappropriate photos, monitor video section and remove inappropriate videos, monitor the band members pages, check the forum sections and update all discussions, respond to reported issues (of which there are A LOT), search the site for spam and advertising profiles and posts, monitor the group section and remove inappropriate groups, take care of issues the Flaggers have found, and find time to contribute to the site ourselves. In addition to this site, we also monitor comments on Mike's blog which not many people know.

In response to things said about the other mods, it is unfair to judge them without knowing the whole story. I'm not going to talk specifically on their behalf, because that isn't my place. But to say that someone doesn't care about this place without being in that persons shoes and knowing what their daily life is like is simply naive and irresponsible.

Now, you have made it clear your opinion about the site. Here is mine. The members have to take responsibility for themselves as well. Again, I am not naming anyone specifically, this is a general statement. There are a lot of people that are regulars in chat. They have been here since the beginning. You all know the rules, and have abided by them in the past. It is not okay to say that just because there is no one there to mod that it's all right to act insane and disregard the rules. I am horrified by what the chat has turned into. People need to remember that it's not just a name on a screen, these are real people with real issues and emotions. Sure, you may be "joking" but it does not come across that way. It is never okay to flame someone in any way for their country, religion, clothing style, appearance, race, gender or anything else. Be a human being. If things don't improve, be forewarned that we may decide to close the chat. Now, this has not been discussed with any admins or other mods, this is just how I feel about it at this point. If people cannot behave and follow the guidelines set BY THE BAND THEMSELVES, then we'll just get rid of the whole thing.

Well, I suppose that is all I have for now. Feel free to respond in any way, as long as you make your argument in an organized, respectful way.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service