Yeah, this will be a topic, which can harm me a lot, but it needs to be said.

www.linkinpark.com has way too less active mods and admins. At least on the Main Chat. I don't know if mods like Caroline or Taminator do their job or even get on more than 2 times a month, but the only mods the members can rely on are Dragonlp and Tiernan. They are the only mods online on chat and acually taking care of it and sadly they can't be on 24/7.

I will tell now my opinion. This network really does only consist of these 2. Adam comes on and takes care of the chat from time to time. AC and RC are rarly on.But ok, understandable, you both have a big company to lead, but the mods are just Dragonlp and Tiernan, the rest ain't active. I never see them in the chat. I even doubt if Caroline knows that she is a mod. And as far as I heared and read, Taminator doesn't even like lp.com and is only online on LPU (-> doesn''t care about lp.com im my opinion). I don't wanna offend anyone, please don't get me wrong. 
You can't deny it, specially members, who are often in the Chat and they don't cuz they say the same, because it's the biggest problem in this network. And flaggers are useless, completly useless, its like being a normal member just with a title.

Today, people spammed, sent links for downloading ATS and attacked people and their families (I have been a victim of it, I dunno if it has been reported, but I can say, I sweared a lot because someone went at my family. I couldn't just sit there and wait till a mod / admin comes on chat. I hope this can be forgiven anyways, but that's off the topic already. Just wanted to explain with that, that we need to do self jusitice, if that happens...). Reporting is useless mostly imo cuz many people who do that, do it on purpose and do second accounts. When anyone sees that report, its already too late and mostly the ban also because they already reached their goal. 

So what I try to say is, that we NEED more Moderators, mature Moderators who knows, that this job is a hard job, which needs lots of time to put in. I know that it is hard, I lead a site over a year, and I know damn well that it needs capeable admins to keep the site clean and fun for the members. If just 2 moderators are active in such a big network, it can only fail, specially in the Chat, which is really sad. 
So we need at least 10 Moderators, who are even using the chat, to keep it clean and fun for the members. That's my opinion. 

I did that discussion on purpose on public, cuz I dunno if otherwise I would be noticed. It is damn necessary and needs to be said. I hope you Admins will agree on that and hire new competent Moderators and remove the non active ones. And I hope that you don't hate me for saying that now and ban me or whatever, I just want LPN to be save and enjoiable for everyone. Do the right thing for the sake of linkinpark.com and its members.

Thx for your time.

Tags: admins, breaking, chat, help, linkin, moderators, offending, park, rule, spam

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is the second response in reply to me? If so, I thought I made it pretty clear that I was neither defending nor championing them.

rob {Tihana's husband} said:
@ Caroline, then give up your position to someone who do has the time to fulfill the duty. Do your part in contacting the staff and let them know you don't have the time to fulfill the responsibilities of being a mod. That would be the responsible thing to do in your case, instead of having a mod account go to waste.

And I don't buy the "Rachel and Athena are working on this thing", how hard or long does it take to go to settings and enable email verification? Simple things that really do not take much time at all to do. I also don't buy that the inactive moderators are working oh so hard either. I see the term "working very hard" being thrown around too much and I just don't buy it. Sorry.
Agreeing there on both.

rob {Tihana's husband} said:
@ Caroline, then give up your position to someone who do has the time to fulfill the duty. Do your part in contacting the staff and let them know you don't have the time to fulfill the responsibilities of being a mod. That would be the responsible thing to do in your case, instead of having a mod account go to waste.

And I don't buy the "Rachel and Athena are working on this thing", how hard or long does it take to go to settings and enable email verification? Simple things that really do not take much time at all to do. I also don't buy that the inactive moderators are working oh so hard either. I see the term "working very hard" being thrown around too much and I just don't buy it. Sorry.
SO right stef!
Rob:
Caroline has let all the staff know of everything that is going on and we are behind her 100%. As stated before, we have lives outside the site, and frankly: THIS POSITION IS NOT A PAID POSITION! So, we are just doing this because we love the band and love to help...... but again, we have lives...... and when our lives make us stay away from the site, that does not make us any less of a "good" mod, nor does it mean that we should resign as moderator.

As for your not buying how hard we are working, that is your opinion, but know that THEY ARE WORKING ON THIS... and it is actually QUITE HARD for them to do, because they have a lot of other stuff to attend to as well, so it may take a few days or weeks to do something that, to most of you, seems like it should only take a few minutes.

And, just because the mods are not "actively" posting in the chat or the site does NOT mean that they are not working hard at their job. Most do their job behind-the-scenes, without you knowing what/when they are doing stuff... that is they way they are and frankly, you guys do not need to know everything that is going on.

Know this though: ALL staff members are watching this thread, and if it gets out of hand [based on our views of "out of hand" not yours] then we will take action.

rob {Tihana's husband} said:
@ Caroline, then give up your position to someone who do has the time to fulfill the duty. Do your part in contacting the staff and let them know you don't have the time to fulfill the responsibilities of being a mod. That would be the responsible thing to do in your case, instead of having a mod account go to waste.

And I don't buy the "Rachel and Athena are working on this thing", how hard or long does it take to go to settings and enable email verification? Simple things that really do not take much time at all to do. I also don't buy that the inactive moderators are working oh so hard either. I see the term "working very hard" being thrown around too much and I just don't buy it. Sorry.

Very Well Said Tiernan :D


I personally agree...... we should just discontinue the chat for now, as people do not know how to behave.

Tiernan (Moderator) said:
Well, I suppose it's time for my two cents, lol. Please realize my comments are made in general, and are not directed at any specific person.

Stef, of course I don't think any differently about your post, because it is your opinion. If we all thought the same things the world would be a pretty boring place.

I agree that more help on the site would be nice. However, there is a definite lack of people responsible enough to handle the position, as has been proven in the past. It may not seem like a lot of work to some people, but I can tell you from experience that it IS a lot of work.

As some of you know, I have been dealing with some serious health issues concerning my husband. This was made aware to the mods and admins, and was not public knowledge, nor should it have been. Also, as many of you do know, I have a family and a full time job. I spend as much time on the site as I can.

I also agree that we need some help from Ning to add some more security to the site. Please know that Athena and Rachel are working on this. They trust us to maintain the site as best as we can while they work hard to make our requests a reality. In addition, you can only begin to imagine how busy they are, and especially Adam, handling the upcoming release of the new album, the tour, and everything else going on with the band.

It seems that the perception of the moderators is that we don't do enough on the site. This may sound harsh, but there is no way that someone can measure our contributions to the site based on seeing or not seeing us in the chat. I realize the chat is a big part, and a popular part of the site. However, a lot of our duties fall to the rest of the site. This is just a sample of the things we do: approve blog posts, monitor photo section and remove inappropriate photos, monitor video section and remove inappropriate videos, monitor the band members pages, check the forum sections and update all discussions, respond to reported issues (of which there are A LOT), search the site for spam and advertising profiles and posts, monitor the group section and remove inappropriate groups, take care of issues the Flaggers have found, and find time to contribute to the site ourselves. In addition to this site, we also monitor comments on Mike's blog which not many people know.

In response to things said about the other mods, it is unfair to judge them without knowing the whole story. I'm not going to talk specifically on their behalf, because that isn't my place. But to say that someone doesn't care about this place without being in that persons shoes and knowing what their daily life is like is simply naive and irresponsible.

Now, you have made it clear your opinion about the site. Here is mine. The members have to take responsibility for themselves as well. Again, I am not naming anyone specifically, this is a general statement. There are a lot of people that are regulars in chat. They have been here since the beginning. You all know the rules, and have abided by them in the past. It is not okay to say that just because there is no one there to mod that it's all right to act insane and disregard the rules. I am horrified by what the chat has turned into. People need to remember that it's not just a name on a screen, these are real people with real issues and emotions. Sure, you may be "joking" but it does not come across that way. It is never okay to flame someone in any way for their country, religion, clothing style, appearance, race, gender or anything else. Be a human being. If things don't improve, be forewarned that we may decide to close the chat. Now, this has not been discussed with any admins or other mods, this is just how I feel about it at this point. If people cannot behave and follow the guidelines set BY THE BAND THEMSELVES, then we'll just get rid of the whole thing.

Well, I suppose that is all I have for now. Feel free to respond in any way, as long as you make your argument in an organized, respectful way.
I was going to stay out of this issue, but seeing as I am frankly horrified that you guys in power would have such a defeatist attitude, I no longer can.

Firstly, Dan and Tiernan, you know I am behind you 100% and will always support your actions on this site, I mean really, Dan, you've even had me help out babysitting those who don't speak english when you aren't around.
So please do not take offence to any of my reactions here.

It needs to be recognized here that human beings are aggressive creatures, their very nature dictates that if they can do the wrong thing and get away with it, they will. They are also sheep, and will follow the example of the pack.
Tiernan this comment "However, there is a definite lack of people responsible enough to handle the position" does nothing but discourage those who are trustworthy from doing the right thing. You guys are supposed to lead by example, am I not correct? If you don't agree with that, what hope can we possibly have of improving this site, when we need our leaders to show us the way.


I think The lack of trust shown to those of us who are responsible has nothing to do with our actions a lot of the time, it's got to do with a fact that the moderators don't spend enough time with us to actually know us. I'm sorry if you believe this is incorrect, but it's they way we are made to feel, that those who visit the forums are scum who do the wrong thing, and don't deserve to be trusted, while those who work for the site are gods who can't be touched.
It's not a good comment to make as a site member, and I know this will probably diminish my own trust in the eyes of those in power, because the defensiveness of staff has been blatantly obvious here, but it's also a pretty bad reflection on the staff themselves that site members who constantly do the right thing, like myself, are made to feel this way.

I was a moderator on another website, for 5 years, and I know from my own experience that no one will EVER do the right thing. That's why moderators are necessary on almost every large website.

Dan, I know you are around, but the fact is, as NeXus stated earlier, almost all of you mods are in the same timezone as each other.
The time the chat needs moderating is between 5pm and 1am AEST, when the worse abuse happens, but also the most responsible chat members are online. And the moderators have never met them, because they're asleep when these people are online!

I spend 8 hours of my work day and 12 hours of my days off on this site (which is 4 days a week), I have done so for more than 2 months now, and I was a member in 2003-2004 as well. Almost everyone on this site, I know on a first name basis. I can name at least 5 who could do the job responsibly, but I honestly doubt any of the mods or flaggers, even NeXus, who is the single most active staff member in chat, know these people, because no one is here often enough to GET to know us.

I am very offended by these comments, which are a slight of hand, and not a genuine opinion, and by the fact that some of you would rather just give up than hand over the reigns. There is a strong group of more than 50 people who are constantly on this site, doing the right thing. Very rarely do any of those people misbehave, and those of us who are always here know who misbehaves and who does the right thing.

You defensiveness is your natural reaction, and I understand that, but making generalist comments and defeatist comments is not helping this situation, it's only proving to admin that you don't really care about improvements, you'd rather just get rid of the good things that we are currently able to use, than bother trying to find one single person in another timezone who is worth trusting.
If this is not the image you are trying to convey, perhaps it would be useful to rethink your position on trust, because you don't make it easy for us to trust you when treat us like we are all children, so how can you possibly expect people to be trustworthy, when you aren't projecting an image that you are?
In response to Dex...

First of all THANK YOU for replying in such an awesome, organized, and respectful way. I love it!


"Tiernan this comment "However, there is a definite lack of people responsible enough to handle the position" does nothing but discourage those who are trustworthy from doing the right thing. You guys are supposed to lead by example, am I not correct? If you don't agree with that, what hope can we possibly have of improving this site, when we need our leaders to show us the way."

You are absolutely right. I did not mean to make it sound like there is no one out there we can trust, that was not my intention and I apologize that it came out that way. I am sure there are people that can do the job, and do it well. We just need to take the time and find them.

"I think The lack of trust shown to those of us who are responsible has nothing to do with our actions a lot of the time, it's got to do with a fact that the moderators don't spend enough time with us to actually know us. I'm sorry if you believe this is incorrect, but it's they way we are made to feel, that those who visit the forums are scum who do the wrong thing, and don't deserve to be trusted, while those who work for the site are gods who can't be touched.
It's not a good comment to make as a site member, and I know this will probably diminish my own trust in the eyes of those in power, because the defensiveness of staff has been blatantly obvious here, but it's also a pretty bad reflection on the staff themselves that site members who constantly do the right thing, like myself, are made to feel this way."

Again, you make a great point. I admit that there are a lot of people in the chat that I do not know very well. I will be working on that, and trying to get to know as many people as I can. I DO NOT think that the people that visit the site are scum. It is just unfortunate that the people that do behave in that manner are the loudest and most easily seen. I honestly have no issues with the forum. It is the chat that has issues (and again, not everyone, but a loud section of members that are easily noticed). I respect you for your opinion, and it dioes not diminish my trust for you whatsoever. I do tend to be defensive about this subject, because no matter what I do I still get grouped together as "the mods." I love this band, and I love this site. It has been a part of my life since 2001, when I first joined. I guess a part of that fierce loyalty tends to make me more passionate about defending it.

I was also using generalities because I did not wish to call out the people I am speaking of in my earlier post. It is so true the saying "one bad apple spoils the bunch." I was not suggesting that we get rid of chat, but merely shut it down temporarily while we sort things out. And this was strictly MY opinion, it was never discussed with admins. I would never want to shut it down, it is a huge part of the site, and a definite improvement over the previous site. However, I also will not tolerate responsible members being flamed in chat because they express a different viewpoint from those who think themselves "elite." I hope that makes sense.

Also, I would love to be online at a different time, but I get up for work at 2:30am and don't get home until 3pm. After 3pm my time is really devoted to my family and to sleep. I try and come online at different times on the weekends, but it doesn't always happen.

So I guess to sum this up, thank you for pointing out many things, and I completely respect your views and opinions. I look forward to getting to know you, and to making this a better place for everyone. :)
@ Dan:

"Caroline has let all the staff know of everything that is going on and we are behind her 100%. As stated before, we have lives outside the site, and frankly: THIS POSITION IS NOT A PAID POSITION! So, we are just doing this because we love the band and love to help...... but again, we have lives...... and when our lives make us stay away from the site, that does not make us any less of a "good" mod, nor does it mean that we should resign as moderator.

As for your not buying how hard we are working, that is your opinion, but know that THEY ARE WORKING ON THIS... and it is actually QUITE HARD for them to do, because they have a lot of other stuff to attend to as well, so it may take a few days or weeks to do something that, to most of you, seems like it should only take a few minutes."

I guess Rob knows that this position is not a paid position, its a position for dedicated volunteers, who love the site and are ready to investigate some time of their life into it. It's true, sometimes life keeps us away from here, that goes for everyone.
But we, the members can only judge what we can see. What we saw is, lets take Caroline as example, that she didn't do any actions. We can't tell what you guys do "behind the scenes". We can only say, what we see and know. Fact is that we didn't see much coming from her site, specially on chat. We just see that she is mostly inactive for whatever reasons which keeps her away. We also cannot tell now, what she has done "behind the scenes", because it's "behind the scenes".
As we can see, this can be a problem in the way of misunderstanding things. Most members I know good misunderstood then Caroline, in the way that we think, that she is doing nothing while the entire time she has been a mod on this new site. I believe you if you say "She has done a lot" and I appologize if I offend her with that in any way or any staff member with saying that.. But we all don't know what she has done. I guess a bit less working "behind the scene" would clear such misunderstandings up (at least on the cases which can be dealed public). You guys need to show the members at some point that each and everyone is active. We need to feel save, since you guys are really the police of lp.com. And as we all know, the police also is not working "behind the scenes" nonstop. I hope you know what I try to say.



@ Dex: I couldn't agree more, awesome reply =)


@Katy: True, I heared about that often, that mostly girls get sexual pestered by some "perverted" men on this site. I feel sorry for you and it's also a real issue that needs to be worked on somehow since the chat should be fun for people, not make them feel afraid whatsoever.


@ Tiernan: I can understand you there, about the idea of closing the Chat for a while to make people realize that they have behaved wrong. But I am still against it, because with that you would also harm these people who behave well most of the time and love the chat. Many people love the chat, me too, and we wouldn't like to see it closed down.
Also the effect you're hoping of, that these people will see then that they behaved bad and change it, can totally become the opposite. Those people who are causing such problems can also think then, when they see that the chat is closed, that the staff is so desperated that they need to close the chat. They could feel like they have won. Think about it. It could change nothing and could make everything worse, when they think like that. Because then , if they really just want to harm other members on the chat, they think if they continue like that, the Chat will be closed again and again, and so they would even reach their goal in a whole different level, thx to the help of the staff (to say it totally sarcastic).
So I am totally against it.



All in all, I have still the opinion that we need more moderators, specially chat moderators. I saw yesterday evening people getting suspended for some "little swearing" (including me lol), which I appreciate. But I feel a bit unfair there cuz 2 days ago, someone offended my family hard, he got away with it and got his damage done. I said something not really bad yesterday and I got suspended for some time. So that's where I really say and demand more moderators, specially on chat.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
@ Stef, Dex, Katy:

You all make very valid points. I understand [especially now that I've had a decent nights sleep and cooled off about this :P] that you guys can only judge by what you see... and I apologize if I sounded a bit too defensive about all this. I guess I'm still in the old school mind set that, to be nominated for moderator on this site is a big honor because most of the mods have been here forever and it's really difficult to become one.

I do agree that we should maybe consider getting a chat operator type position on here and have them strictly patrol chat, as this seems to be where a lot of the issues are coming from

As for punishing the good people by discontinuing chat for a while, I understand that it's not far to those who actually do behave, and I do thank those that do consistently behave; however, just like in other things in life, sometimes to get the point across, you have to punish the group ... I know it's not fair, but as Ning still has issues that they need to help us with to better control the chaos, we have to just work with the tools we do have. I hope you all can understand. Plus, this is just Tiernan's and I's personal opinion and we have not talked to the others about this at all yet so you do not have to worry, chat will still be a part of the site. I will try to let you know (what I can) if things change on this end.

As for the suspensions last night versus 2 days ago: I understand the frustration, however, again, we can only act on what we see... and if we are not here, we DEPEND on you guys to report the issue, and it helps tremendously if you include screenshots so we have proof. At least me personally, if there is no shot, I typically just forward the report to the others and let them decide how to handle, as I am unsure the best/fairest route to take...... and because there is no screenshot to prove it. I'm sorry, but that just how it works..... Yes we hold the power to ban people, but we can't if you guys don't help us out and let us know what is going on when we are not here.

Also, on the matter of the report link: Could you guys do us staff a favor? Please pass the word to all your friends [and Slash, if you see this, post it in the LPC groups :)] Only use the report link to pass along serious issues. Do not use it to complain about the pre-order stuff, general chat to the band, or anything else that does not fall under the categories listed in the report option. We staff members get all the reports by email and if we keep getting misc. minor sh*t then we're honestly not gonna be as likely to read the emails...... I am trying to work on a solution for this so if you have a complaint like your code didn't work or venting that you pre-ordered from the site but your friend has already gotten the CD from another legal source, so WTF or other like issues, to send it to another email address.....

OK, I've spent enough time here and I really need to get to work, so I'll check on this later :)
Hi,

I wanted to jump in here. I've been watching this thread along with the other admins since it was posted on Weds. I appreciate the thoughts behind it and the feedback here. The chat room has been a place of growing frustration for many of us. We had been talking about changes we could make to improve the dynamic and here's what we're planning to do going forward.

1) How the Community Guidelines will be enforced in chat. As many of you know, the mods look to the Community Guidelines created by the band as a guide for what's ok and what's not ok on the site. If you break the community guidelines we will warn you once, then we will suspend you from chat for 24 hours. If this plays out again, we will be forced to suspend your account. Really egregious offenses will get no warning; we will suspend your account immediately.

We hate suspending fans from the site so we appreciate you all following the Community Guidelines. I suggest everyone reviews them in full but here are the things we see broken in chat most frequently.

No solicitation: We will remove members who solicit others for money, or who advertise in any way, including posting on the forum and messaging members individually.
No spam or "flooding:" Don't post repeatedly or flood the forums, groups, photos, or videos sections. It's annoying to other members and creates unnecessary work for the moderators.
English-only: Since this network is primarily in English, we ask that you speak in English on the site to prevent confusion. You are free to speak other languages within language-specific groups as long as you continue to abide by these Guidelines there. It is our goal to roll out language-specific sites for Linkin Park fans in the future.
No inconsiderate or illegal behavior. This includes:
No flaming. Flaming includes insulting, belittling, or saying ANYTHING inappropriate, even if it is done in a joking manner.
No threatening anyone, including other members, the moderators and the band members themselves.
No posting content that is sexually or violently graphic in nature.
No impersonating or discussing the personal lives of other members or the band

2) New chat moderators. We are going to create a new type of moderator for this site, a chat mod. We'll get in touch with specific individuals who have impressed us in the past or who have been recommended to us in the past. We are also working on an application process as well, which we hope to roll out over the next few months.

What should you do when people are breaking the Guidelines?

What to do:
If there is someone else in the chat room with either (Mod) or (Chat Mod) in their title, please private message them. If there isn't another mod, please click "report an issue," which is a link at the bottom of every page. The direct link is here: http://www.linkinpark.com/main/index/report
Please include screenshots that you've taken. The best way to do this is to take them and include links in the message you're reporting.

What not to do:
Do not engage them by calling them names or flaming yourself. Essentially, do not break the Guidelines yourself. This includes breaking the Community Guidelines by being inconsiderate to our current Mods who are doing the best they can.

Thanks,
Adam
Sounds like a good plan this chat mod thing. I hope the right people get chosen and that it will have a positive result at the end =)

I have a question regarding the swearing. I know it's not allowed, but are "little" swear words allowed like neutral saying "F*ck" or "Sh*t" (but that not censored like I did right now) or is any kind of swearing not allowed? It was a confusing topic in the past and tbh. it still confuses me what I am allowed to say or not.

And what about the second account topic? Reporting is really useless if someone uses a second account, which has been only created to break the rules savely. Do you guys have any plans yet concerning to this issue?

Adam said:
Hi,

I wanted to jump in here. I've been watching this thread along with the other admins since it was posted on Weds. I appreciate the thoughts behind it and the feedback here. The chat room has been a place of growing frustration for many of us. We had been talking about changes we could make to improve the dynamic and here's what we're planning to do going forward.

1) How the Community Guidelines will be enforced in chat. As many of you know, the mods look to the Community Guidelines created by the band as a guide for what's ok and what's not ok on the site. If you break the community guidelines we will warn you once, then we will suspend you from chat for 24 hours. If this plays out again, we will be forced to suspend your account. Really egregious offenses will get no warning; we will suspend your account immediately.

We hate suspending fans from the site so we appreciate you all following the Community Guidelines. I suggest everyone reviews them in full but here are the things we see broken in chat most frequently.

No solicitation: We will remove members who solicit others for money, or who advertise in any way, including posting on the forum and messaging members individually.
No spam or "flooding:" Don't post repeatedly or flood the forums, groups, photos, or videos sections. It's annoying to other members and creates unnecessary work for the moderators.
English-only: Since this network is primarily in English, we ask that you speak in English on the site to prevent confusion. You are free to speak other languages within language-specific groups as long as you continue to abide by these Guidelines there. It is our goal to roll out language-specific sites for Linkin Park fans in the future.
No inconsiderate or illegal behavior. This includes:
No flaming. Flaming includes insulting, belittling, or saying ANYTHING inappropriate, even if it is done in a joking manner.
No threatening anyone, including other members, the moderators and the band members themselves.
No posting content that is sexually or violently graphic in nature.
No impersonating or discussing the personal lives of other members or the band

2) New chat moderators. We are going to create a new type of moderator for this site, a chat mod. We'll get in touch with specific individuals who have impressed us in the past or who have been recommended to us in the past. We are also working on an application process as well, which we hope to roll out over the next few months.

What should you do when people are breaking the Guidelines?

What to do:
If there is someone else in the chat room with either (Mod) or (Chat Mod) in their title, please private message them. If there isn't another mod, please click "report an issue," which is a link at the bottom of every page. The direct link is here:
Please include screenshots that you've taken. The best way to do this is to take them and include links in the message you're reporting.

What not to do:
Do not engage them by calling them names or flaming yourself. Essentially, do not break the Guidelines yourself. This includes breaking the Community Guidelines by being inconsiderate to our current Mods who are doing the best they can.

Thanks,
Adam
Great questions Stef:

As for the swearing, I have created a thread to hopefully help clarify what is ok and what is not (located at http://www.linkinpark.com/forum/topics/cursing-whats-ok-and-whats) It is just how I interpret the swearing rule though and may change with official input from the admin. Basically, the rule of thumb I use: If the radio stations / TV stations have to censor it, so do you [which includes sh*t & f*ck]. I know most everyone says these words anymore, even the minors that this rule is suppose to protect, but this has been a standing rule since the original LPMB launch many moons ago :P

As for the multiple accounts: as of now, the only thing I know of is .... when we suspend/warn/ban ppl, we are now to be documenting it, and then if we know the user created another account [ie: Masy for example] we are tracking those accounts too. As far as prohibiting people from creating new accounts to continue breaking rules/get around the suspension: This is still a work in progress (to my knowledge)

Stef ~*>Hotopian God<*~ said:
Sounds like a good plan this chat mod thing. I hope the right people get chosen and that it will have a positive result at the end =)
I have a question regarding the swearing. I know it's not allowed, but are "little" swear words allowed like neutral saying "F*ck" or "Sh*t" (but that not censored like I did right now) or is any kind of swearing not allowed? It was a confusing topic in the past and tbh. it still confuses me what I am allowed to say or not.
And what about the second account topic? Reporting is really useless if someone uses a second account, which has been only created to break the rules savely. Do you guys have any plans yet concerning to this issue?

Adam said:
Hi,

I wanted to jump in here. I've been watching this thread along with the other admins since it was posted on Weds. I appreciate the thoughts behind it and the feedback here. The chat room has been a place of growing frustration for many of us. We had been talking about changes we could make to improve the dynamic and here's what we're planning to do going forward. 1) How the Community Guidelines will be enforced in chat. As many of you know, the mods look to the Community Guidelines created by the band as a guide for what's ok and what's not ok on the site. If you break the community guidelines we will warn you once, then we will suspend you from chat for 24 hours. If this plays out again, we will be forced to suspend your account. Really egregious offenses will get no warning; we will suspend your account immediately.

We hate suspending fans from the site so we appreciate you all following the Community Guidelines. I suggest everyone reviews them in full but here are the things we see broken in chat most frequently.

No solicitation: We will remove members who solicit others for money, or who advertise in any way, including posting on the forum and messaging members individually.
No spam or "flooding:" Don't post repeatedly or flood the forums, groups, photos, or videos sections. It's annoying to other members and creates unnecessary work for the moderators.
English-only: Since this network is primarily in English, we ask that you speak in English on the site to prevent confusion. You are free to speak other languages within language-specific groups as long as you continue to abide by these Guidelines there. It is our goal to roll out language-specific sites for Linkin Park fans in the future.
No inconsiderate or illegal behavior. This includes:
No flaming. Flaming includes insulting, belittling, or saying ANYTHING inappropriate, even if it is done in a joking manner.
No threatening anyone, including other members, the moderators and the band members themselves.
No posting content that is sexually or violently graphic in nature.
No impersonating or discussing the personal lives of other members or the band

2) New chat moderators. We are going to create a new type of moderator for this site, a chat mod. We'll get in touch with specific individuals who have impressed us in the past or who have been recommended to us in the past. We are also working on an application process as well, which we hope to roll out over the next few months.

What should you do when people are breaking the Guidelines?

What to do:
If there is someone else in the chat room with either (Mod) or (Chat Mod) in their title, please private message them. If there isn't another mod, please click "report an issue," which is a link at the bottom of every page. The direct link is here:
Please include screenshots that you've taken. The best way to do this is to take them and include links in the message you're reporting.

What not to do:
Do not engage them by calling them names or flaming yourself. Essentially, do not break the Guidelines yourself. This includes breaking the Community Guidelines by being inconsiderate to our current Mods who are doing the best they can.

Thanks,
Adam

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service