Yeah, this will be a topic, which can harm me a lot, but it needs to be said.

www.linkinpark.com has way too less active mods and admins. At least on the Main Chat. I don't know if mods like Caroline or Taminator do their job or even get on more than 2 times a month, but the only mods the members can rely on are Dragonlp and Tiernan. They are the only mods online on chat and acually taking care of it and sadly they can't be on 24/7.

I will tell now my opinion. This network really does only consist of these 2. Adam comes on and takes care of the chat from time to time. AC and RC are rarly on.But ok, understandable, you both have a big company to lead, but the mods are just Dragonlp and Tiernan, the rest ain't active. I never see them in the chat. I even doubt if Caroline knows that she is a mod. And as far as I heared and read, Taminator doesn't even like lp.com and is only online on LPU (-> doesn''t care about lp.com im my opinion). I don't wanna offend anyone, please don't get me wrong. 
You can't deny it, specially members, who are often in the Chat and they don't cuz they say the same, because it's the biggest problem in this network. And flaggers are useless, completly useless, its like being a normal member just with a title.

Today, people spammed, sent links for downloading ATS and attacked people and their families (I have been a victim of it, I dunno if it has been reported, but I can say, I sweared a lot because someone went at my family. I couldn't just sit there and wait till a mod / admin comes on chat. I hope this can be forgiven anyways, but that's off the topic already. Just wanted to explain with that, that we need to do self jusitice, if that happens...). Reporting is useless mostly imo cuz many people who do that, do it on purpose and do second accounts. When anyone sees that report, its already too late and mostly the ban also because they already reached their goal. 

So what I try to say is, that we NEED more Moderators, mature Moderators who knows, that this job is a hard job, which needs lots of time to put in. I know that it is hard, I lead a site over a year, and I know damn well that it needs capeable admins to keep the site clean and fun for the members. If just 2 moderators are active in such a big network, it can only fail, specially in the Chat, which is really sad. 
So we need at least 10 Moderators, who are even using the chat, to keep it clean and fun for the members. That's my opinion. 

I did that discussion on purpose on public, cuz I dunno if otherwise I would be noticed. It is damn necessary and needs to be said. I hope you Admins will agree on that and hire new competent Moderators and remove the non active ones. And I hope that you don't hate me for saying that now and ban me or whatever, I just want LPN to be save and enjoiable for everyone. Do the right thing for the sake of linkinpark.com and its members.

Thx for your time.

Tags: admins, breaking, chat, help, linkin, moderators, offending, park, rule, spam

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Adam, I just want to say thank you to you and all the other staff, the way this thread and the discussions in the LPC were headed, it was getting to the point where threats and negativity were seeming to prevail.

I would like to point out, that under the circumstances here, we have actually all managed to do something LP would probably be proud of, even if we've done it in a very small way.
The circumstances I mean, are that many of us just received Wretches & Kings, which includes Mario Savio's speech, which the members of the band obviously feel impassioned about. Mario's speech was part of a protest to give back the students of his school, and the students of America, their right to free speech within their schools.
When Stef first brought this issue up, threats and anger prevailed, and we were basically being forced to back down, and losing our right to free speech, due to the mods defensiveness.

Some of us managed to be constructive here and come up with arguments that showed we all have the best intentions at heart here, and the staff have obviously taken our opinions, and our passion to get this issue resolved, into consideration. Despite the fact that we know this will all take time, we have been given at least some solutions here and we have kept our right to free speech.
This is a victory for both the members of this site, and the staff, instead of fighting among ourselves as those intruding and creating problems here obviously intended, we've started to fight back and win the battle by working together.

This may sound lame, but a lot of us who are discussing this in this thread have signed up as LP Soldiers and truly believe our position on that, and through this discussion we have lived up to our responsibilities to LP and each other.
I personally think that's a pretty awesome outcome.

Adam, if there is anything any of us can do to make this process easier for you, let us know, and I don't mean as staff, I mean if there is anything as community members, other than following the guidelines which I am sure everyone here has resolved to do, can we do anything to help?
I am sure no one here would refuse a request, we all know you have our interests in mind and we will do anything we can to make your job in getting this done any less stressful.

Thank you again, Adam, Dan, Tiernan, Caroline, NeXus, Ira and any of the other staff who have been involved in trying to make these changes who haven't had a chance to have their say here.
And thank YOU Stef, Shane, Manda, and others for letting us know what was on your mind, and more importantly, in such a constructive manner :)
Thank you Adam,Dan,and all the other Flagger's,Mod's,and Admin's for all yall do for this site and the changes yall plan on making.All this has been frustrating me for months I haven't been on much cause of all the problems.I care alot for this chat and site and I hate seeing it like this and I hope things will get back to normal soon.But anyway Thank Yall:D

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO LP xD
"In response to things said about the other mods, it is unfair to judge them without knowing the whole story. I'm not going to talk specifically on their behalf, because that isn't my place. But to say that someone doesn't care about this place without being in that persons shoes and knowing what their daily life is like is simply naive and irresponsible." Thank you Tiernan.

I know a lot of the stuff which I'm about to say has been said before, many, many times. But I think it's unfair that you guys attack me for not doing any work on this site. I try to be as active as i can be, but when you have both school and another job, plus in and out of hospitals because of your health, it's not easy to maintain the activity. And it seems like most of the guys that has been pushing me, seems to be the persons that are active in the chat. I am not active in the chat, basically because I have nothing to do there, and when I've been there, I've been loosing my motivation because people don't take me serious. It's cold of you guys saying I'm not active, when I'm really is. I just don't post a bunch of uninteresting stuff people wouldn't care about.
Like I have said above, we can only judge what we can see. We couldn't see any work of you and we dunno what you do behind the scenes. I didn't mean to attack you in any way. I was just giving my opinion there and my point of view. It would be good then to work a bit in public instead of only behind the scenes then, so that such misunderstandings don't happen. I hope you understand what I try to say there.
And refering to the chat... As far as I know, it is also your job, to keep an eye out at the chat. So even if you don't like the main chat or whatever, you still need to make the members feel save there and punish those, who break the rules. If they don't take you serious it's because of your absence then of the Chat most likely, cuz they don't know you. You need to earn respect, even in such a position which should get you respect automaticly. You can't just say "There is nothing to do for me and they don't take me serious" There is always something to do there and like I said above, then you need to earn respect. It doesn't come from out of nowhere.
I don't wanna tell you how you should do your job or whatever, don't get me wrong there. It's just my opinion as reply to your comment.

Caroline Heggdal (Moderator) said:
"In response to things said about the other mods, it is unfair to judge them without knowing the whole story. I'm not going to talk specifically on their behalf, because that isn't my place. But to say that someone doesn't care about this place without being in that persons shoes and knowing what their daily life is like is simply naive and irresponsible." Thank you Tiernan.
I know a lot of the stuff which I'm about to say has been said before, many, many times. But I think it's unfair that you guys attack me for not doing any work on this site. I try to be as active as i can be, but when you have both school and another job, plus in and out of hospitals because of your health, it's not easy to maintain the activity. And it seems like most of the guys that has been pushing me, seems to be the persons that are active in the chat. I am not active in the chat, basically because I have nothing to do there, and when I've been there, I've been loosing my motivation because people don't take me serious. It's cold of you guys saying I'm not active, when I'm really is. I just don't post a bunch of uninteresting stuff people wouldn't care about.
I understand what you're saying. And about the chat, I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean it like the way you're putting it out, what I meant is; when I'm in the chat, I do make them feel save and whatsoever, and give those who needs warnings, warnings. Most of them actually do know me, or have at least talked to me before. But I understand what you mean, and I'll take it with me.
Ok =)

Caroline Heggdal (Moderator) said:
I understand what you're saying. And about the chat, I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean it like the way you're putting it out, what I meant is; when I'm in the chat, I do make them feel save and whatsoever, and give those who needs warnings, warnings. Most of them actually do know me, or have at least talked to me before. But I understand what you mean, and I'll take it with me.
Hmmm well it certainly an amazing thread to say the least, I don't know how much, if any more input can be included. LOL

Whatever the case, I'm down to monitor the chat when I can. =)

--RS
I am excited to announce that we have a new member of Team LP: Nexus! He is joining us as a chat moderator and will be helping us enforce the Community Guidelines within the Chat Room. He was recommended to use by many of you and we're really excited to work with him.
i love lp n um stopin many ppl when they do wrong things....e.g adult name,using language except english,abusin eachother.....m happy to b a part of lp.com n i'll do ma best to stop'em......i agree with u
well i think each mod or admins should have there own litttle staff then more back up online ppl bte im good 4 the job
Angel, sorry to say but you know how this stuff works... you don't ask/suggest to be a staff member.... sorry...

Also, just my opinion on your suggestion...I'm having a hard time seeing how each of the main staff members having their own little crew is going to help matters :S

Angel Irizarry *TLB* said:
well i think each mod or admins should have there own litttle staff then more back up online ppl bte im good 4 the job

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service