What does the rest of your family think to LP?

Do they like them?

Tags: Linkin, Park, does, family, of, rest, the, think, to, what, More…your

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My daughter likes LP, but she's not a super fan like I am. And she's 9, lol.

My husband however, cannot stand them. He calls them a boy band. I usually smack him when he says that! But he's wonderful, even though he doesn't like LP. He went to the Meteora concert with me in 2003, and actually commented on how well they played. And he doesn't give me too bad of a time when I spend hours a day on this site, lol.
My family can't stand my so called "obsession" with LP lol... Neither can my friends, but a few of them like LP.

I don't care what they think cause I LOVE THE MUSIC!
My dad likes them.
My mom doesn't like them much.
My brother likes a few songs.
My parents don't really care for LP as much as I do. My dad is a little bit interested about Mike and Joe as people (for their art 'cause I showed that feature from the Frat Party DVD), but I don't think he's interested in the music. It's kind of a shame really. :-/

They're not even familiar with who the guys are and I have to say to my dad almost every time whenever I mention one or more of the members I have to say something like "y'know, from the band Linkin Park. That guy." It's kinda funny and sad at the same time.
One of my brothers(the 9 year old one) likes them, and the other one(the 12 year old one) hates them just because they are my favorite band :S
And my parents..well...they don't really care, but they don't mind them.
My mother knows who they are, has heard their music, and is totally indifferent to them. LP isn't her style of music. I think I've mentioned this a few times to her, but, still, I don't think she realizes yet that Fort Minor IS from LP. And it's funny, because since The Rising Tied is hip hop and all, she's rather cool with me talking about it.

My stepbrother, Marc Jr., is a huge LP fan.

Most of my friends from college, who are like family to me, are either casual or big fans of LP. Except for one guy, Blaine, who thinks everything after the Hybrid Theory EP album is made by their label and not them. He's not an artist of any sort, so, I guess it's hard for him to notice when music actually comes from a person.
I think LP is the best BAnd Ever
i support Linkin park all the way
i love them

Mike
Chester
Brad
Phoenix
Joe
Rob

they all rock
im totally obessed with LP
my Bandmates love LP
in fact We make music based on LPs songs
heheh
because all of us are fans of LP
Alexandra Nofi said:
He's not an artist of any sort, so, I guess it's hard for him to notice when music actually comes from a person.

i'm not an artist of any sort either, that doesn't mean i can't notice that. do not generalize like that..
But... but... My satirical, generalizing sense of humor keeps me peppy and helps me sleep at night...

I wasn't going to explain that comment this deeply... until now... I know people who aren't artists can recognize certain artistic means in a person. Like, for example, my mother who can't paint for beans, can still see that Van Gogh, her favorite painter, was a very intelligent, detail oriented artist. He knows he had issues, and can be empathic to that. But what she doesn't understand, and probably may never understand until she puts a paintbrush to a canvas, is the creative thought process, and the "soul" that an artist puts into the work. Art, in whatever form, has a kind of unspoken signature from each artist, and it's something other artists can easily recognize. If you have never attempted an art form, and understand the soul of an artist, then I give you mega, mega, mega props.

ScaryGirl said:
Alexandra Nofi said:
He's not an artist of any sort, so, I guess it's hard for him to notice when music actually comes from a person.

i'm not an artist of any sort either, that doesn't mean i can't notice that. do not generalize like that..
My brother is a fan of Linkin Park, but not nearly as much as me! My parents know who Linkin Park is, but my mom only likes a couple songs. My dad is okay with them too. My brother practically made me a Linkin Park fan. He got Reanimation and Meteora for Christmas. I didn't have any CD's so I had to listen to either Linkin Park or the radio. After my first listen of Meteora, I was a fan!
My parents don't like Linkin Park,
they think it is kind of a annoying metal band...
But LP is awesome and i won't stop listening to their music,
whatever my family says!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service