As much as i like Linkin Park and have said on numoruse occasions that they are my favorite band. I really hope this album is a flop. This is not LP at all. What happened to the hardcore songs and music? Its like they just fell off a cliff and cant get back up. I really hope that they dont make alot of money off this so maybe they will see that what there doing is not going to work and go back to playing like they did in Hybrid Theory and Meteora. If not they might loss alot of fans.

Views: 23

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I concur. I really like those hardcore and strong music they played earlier. Still,LP is my favorite band. They should rekindle the spirit of their previous albums into their new albums.
I would have to agree with that.
Read the inlay. They don't give a damn about the money. Ok so that inlay was just some self righteous bull, but still I do think they were trying to create art here. It may have failed in your opinion, but I don't think the commercial success of this album will keep them up at night in their nice fluffy beds.
David Matthew Channell said:
Read the inlay. They don't give a damn about the . Ok so that inlay was just some self righteous bull, but still I do think they were trying to create art here. It may have failed in your opinion, but I don't think the commercial success of this album will keep them up at night in their nice fluffy .
amen
I got a few things to throw in.
1. I agree that Linkin Park isn't in this for the money.
2.Yes they may be trying to create art, but there first 2 albums were masterpieces, I think its good for bands to change because it keeps fans and listeners excited, but too much change like this just doesn't work. they lost there roots of being a hard rock/ nu metal band and changed into some DJ only style "We need to save the world crap." Every other band that is wanting to make a name for themselves is jumping on this Band Wagon lately and its getting extremely blah. Don't get me wrong I'm for making the world a better place, but too many bands are following this and its starting to get old. ex: 30 Seconds to Mar, loved there fist 2 albums then they went the same way and there new album sucked. Linkin Park was new and unique when they first came out, now they just sound like every other mainstream, media driven band out there. So saying that this album is art means you have no taste what so ever because there is no uniqueness to this album.

Henry Edwards-Xu said:
Read the inlay. They don't give a damn about the . Ok so that inlay was just some self righteous bull, but still I do think they were trying to create art here. It may have failed in your opinion, but I don't think the commercial success of this album will keep them up at night in their nice fluffy .
amen
am realy sorry LP but the album is a waste of money i wished that you had second thought about this album before you put it out on sale , you are my favorite band ever i wish that was just a mistake that you've done, the album realy sucked the only track that is listenable is the catalyst
i understand fully where your comming from. I never said that they were in it for the money. I simply mean that they will be able to look at how the record itself did in sales and determine that maybe the direction they headed with this album was not the best choice.

Read the inlay. They don't give a damn about the money. Ok so that inlay was just some self righteous bull, but still I do think they were trying to create art here. It may have failed in your opinion, but I don't think the commercial success of this album will keep them up at night in their nice fluffy beds.
Well, after I saw the different documentary concerning the creation of ATS, I do think that they did want to do a stuff like this. They say in a part that they don't want the same construction for the songs, don't want the same instru etc...So I think that, even if we don't like it as much as their old stuff, they did this on purpose and enjoyed doing this. What do you prefer ? Your favorite band to play things because they're forced to or because they enjoy it ? In "When They Come For Me", I think Mike refers to the fans/music industry that want to have the same thing that they did in Hybrid Theory, but LP don't want to do this anymore ("I am not [...] the same person telling you to forfeit the game") (in reference to "Forfeit the game, before somebody else takes you out of the frame" - Points of Authority / Hybrid Theory). I can even interpret the "I came in the ring like a dog on a chain" as "LP was forced by their production to do a certain kind of music, and to wear/do things they told them to wear/do".
...Well... o.0
It's not like I think it's crap or something... There are 2 or 3 songs I like (the catalist is good), but this hole thing is... not my type of music. Where's the raping, the power, and everything? I'm realy sad about this couse the old Linkin Park was so very unique. When people looked at the library on my Ipod they where like: "Well...You havn't got much music here, you know" (I had like 7-8 albums that where not LP) and I used to say:"there's not much I can appreciate after listening to LP". But now, after 3 years of listening to HT, Reanimation & Meteora non-stop every day I'm kinda starting to get bored with it.
Its not that I've got something against electronic (I just loved reanimation), but the music from most of those songs sounds like the sountrack from Mario...+_* Which is a pity couse the melody is quite agreeable
Disapointed but still love you guy's (god knows why...ah yes, the tiger on the cover is sweet)
It's a shame they're no longer telling us to "forfeit the game" , because speaking for myself anyway (and probably millions of other fans) that's the LP that I fell in love with.

I'm all for evolving and growing as a band but to completely ignore your roots and the musical styles that so many fans loved is kind of a slap to the face of all the people who have been buying LP albums for all these years.

And maybe it's just me but I feel like one of the reasons why all of LP's earlier albums were so great is because it felt like they poured their souls into every song. It's been so many years since I bought Hybrid Theory and I can still listen to it from start to finish. This new Thousand Suns album feels just forced and totally sub par.

If LP continues to follow this path with their style I fear they may lose a lot of fans.

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service