What is the meaning in the song "When They Come For Me"?

I following the lyrics to the song, while listening to it and I noticed a quote Mike rapped. He said, "Or the same person telling you to forfeit the game." Then later another quote appeared that stated, "Everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first." Call me crazy, but I honestly think that Mike is openly telling the people complaing about there new sound and stuff that they aren't the same. I just got this vibe that the entire song, if not parts of it, was refering to how people need "catch up" with them, or realize that they aren't going to make the same thing because that isn't who they are. This is just what I noticed and pondered. I was just wondering what everybody else thought about the meaning to the song? Does anybody else agree with me or have a similar idea?

Tags: ?, Linkin, Mike, Park, Shinoda, What, When They Come For Me, in, is, meaning, More…song, the

Views: 2607

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ya i agree, and i think when they sing "when they come for me, ill be gone" that by the time the ignorant haters stop stereotypeing, clinging on to what's familure and "acceptable" in there social circle, and actually develop into conscientious individuals. That eather

-they would retire from the music industry
-the members would be dead
-we would be consumed by a thousand suns
-or when hell freezes over

lol
no i dont agree.. the entire album is political and about revolution.. just listen to the intro of "Wrectches And Kings" . its all about the US turning into a police state. so this song is about everyone waking up to the fact that one day all your freedoms are gonna be taken away...
I agree. I also first thought this when I heard the verse "Nor the same person telling you to forfeit the game," which is a small portion of the song Points of Authority. When I listened to it a second time, I noticed Mike says "'Cause even a blueprint is a gift and a curse, 'cause once you got a theory of how the thing works everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first."
I interpret this as saying that once their new music began to differ from the old style people began to complain about the new style and wanted the old Linkin Park. I have to admit I hated New Divide and the other sings that came around that time, but when they found their niche before A Thousand Suns they got better. Mike and the rest of LP have the right to complain about most of their fanbase abandoning them without giving them a second chance after Minutes to Midnight and the release of The Catalyst.
I feel that this song is really more about the attitude and the tone that the lyrics shows.
Self conceited perhaps? But it's probably around there.
i think the song is ,politically, trying to get people to realize that things are going, or getting, hectic and we need to step up and say something before it gets worse. but it could be anything else you guys have stated too..
Long story short, Mike be dissin on da haters.
I agree with what you just stated, and I actually had the same idea when I was listening to the lyrics of the Catalyst. One more thing that came to my mind was the reference to Points Of Authority. The first line going "Forfeit the game before somebody takes you out of the frame, and put your name to shame..." etc etc. I had the idea that they're trying to tell us not to stick only with the old tracks and albums. But to open up our minds to new things, and to have a bigger perspective.

john said:
no i dont agree.. the entire album is political and about revolution.. just listen to the intro of "Wrectches And Kings" . its all about the US turning into a police state. so this song is about everyone waking up to the fact that one day all your freedoms are gonna be taken away...

I agree with what this guy said. Now I'm going to say something that will surely aggravate and get laughs, but it needs to be said either way. I believe that Linkin Park is aware of whatever secret society is underneath the politics either in just America, or in the NWO, as many conspirators believe. Before you call me 'crazy,' look at symbols relevant to groups such as skulls and bones, illuminati, and satan worshippers, and then look VERY CLOSELY AT THE WAITING FOR THE END VIDEO. There is much symbolism within that video relating to all of these groups, there is no doubt. Whether there is a national conspiracy or not, I have no idea. But Linkin Park speaking out against secret societies, or even just the American government militarizing its police force would explain the strange-themed album, the end of the world. Pay close attention to what's said within this album, for this group and other artists are slipping out clues.

'The worst thing you can do is call someone crazy. People aren't crazy, they're just strong-willed.'
- Dave Chappelle

Mike is saying we all need to try his ketchup. Motherfucker.

I think that it is a song about a tyrannical government who is on a manhunt for rebels during the end-times (?), but I also believe that it is a song about expanding your horizons and trying something new. So, I agree with both sides when it comes to this song, as I feel that it has a duel meaning.

thats exactly what i got out of this song.

i think it was a message or a reply to all who wants LP to get back to Hybrid and Meteora style, but not what the song is talking about

its very clear  -at least to me- that  the song is about a revolution

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service