Hey guys what do you think the meaning of the new song "The Catalyst" is?

"Catalyst" - Something that causes an important event to happen.

So knowing this what do you think the message of the song is? The song mentions god so is god the catalyst for some form of event??

Discuss.

Tags: The, album, catalyst, god, meaning, new

Views: 19235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I Feel Like It's Talking About How The Illuminati Has Control Over Us And The Only Way To Be Saved Is To Have Salvation And To Be Saved!! If You Guys Don't Know About Illuminati Research It And You Will Be Stunned How The Government And Major Companys Use Music Movies To Install Subliminal MessagesInto Our Heads They Work Off Satan To Currupt The Youth And Ultimatly Have Satan Take Over This World. We Must Not Let This Happen The Key Is Knoledge And Preperation!!! May God Be With Us All!!!
Audrina said:
I Feel Like It's Talking About How The Illuminati Has Control Over Us And The Only Way To Be Saved Is To Have Salvation And To Be Saved!! If You Guys Don't Know About Illuminati Research It And You Will Be Stunned How The Government And Major Companys Use Music Movies To Install Subliminal MessagesInto Our Heads They Work Off Satan To Currupt The Youth And Ultimatly Have Satan Take Over This World. We Must Not Let This Happen The Key Is Knoledge And Preperation!!! May God Be With Us All!!!
You know capitalizing the first letter of every word is a bit distracting for the reader, and someone annoying.

However I do believe it is about how the higher power are trying to keep us blind, from what is really going on.

However Illuminati a bit of a difficult subject to talk about. I agree they exists but as far as who exactly is a part of it is another story. If you read on the forums like The Industry Exposed, or The Vigilant Citizen you get a lot of mixed comments as to whether or not LP is part of it or not. Some of them do bring up valid points as to why LP is apart of it or why they aren't, and there another debate somewhere about how they we're apart of it but they're trying to get out and warn us now. So for anyone who is going to start looking up Illuminati don't believe everything because some people on the forums can get a bit paranoid and try to pick out symbolism in everything.

(I think I've been reading too much into the whole Illuminati thing lately so excuse me if I said someone that offend anyone in any way)
to me honestly i can see what every one else is saying but i also see a reference to the Holocaust.... "God bless us everyone We're a broken people living under loaded gun And it can't be outfought It can't be outdone It can't out matched It can't be outrun No!" i see how its the Nazi patrolling the jewish people in the camps carrying a loaded weapon and kill them at the wrong move, and they are all starved and over worked which is being "broken" ... "Like memories in cold decay Transmissions echoing away Far from the world of you and I Where oceans bleed into the sky" where they were starting to forget who they are and their memories of happiness, and the thought of the world ignoring them, letting hitler do that..God save us everyone, Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns? For the sins of our hand The sins of our tongue The sins of our father The sins of our young No!" where this is saying the reasons why they are there and when they got sent to the crematorium. Im studying the holocaust in school right now and thats where i made the connections.
There have been plenty of enlightened and well thought out responses to this thread and most of the song has been well analyzed, so I'll only touch on a couple facets of this song.

"Where oceans bleed into the sky", in my mind, points to something much more enveloping than just an oil spill or deforestation. The oceans are literally the life force of this planet. They regulate weather, moderate temperatures, provide massive amounts of food, and generally allow our planet to sustain life as it does. Life on Earth is irreversibly tied to the oceans. Replace "oceans" with "life", and you can see how the current path humanity has chosen will ultimately lead to life literally bleeding into the sky from this planet; leaving behind a dead and desolate world (a glimpse of which can be seen in the music video). As Schwarzenegger said, referring to humanity in Terminator 2, "It's in your nature to destroy yourselves."

Second, I'm surprised by the fact that no one has brought up the fact that the word "NO!" does not appear at the end of this song. Does it not seem strange that a word sounded so strongly throughout the song fails to resound one last time in final defiance to those who would seek to control or destroy us? Is this a subtle admittance by Linkin Park that we can scream and shout all we want, but it's ultimately futile? NO! In fact, I believe that this is a brilliant and perfectly executed lyrical nuance. Does it not feel right to shout "NO!" one more time, and that the song is somehow incomplete without it? I know I've added it on the end several times myself. In the end, to truly affect change, it cannot simply be Linkin Park saying "NO!" It is us who must take up the call. They have left the song open and allowed us to finish it. We have been given the final word in this song, and it will be up to us to use it against those who would seek to endanger and control our future. NO!
I think that linkin park didn't mean something exactly by these lyrics , that's why this discussion is all about , to say what you think it means to you.
I think it's refer to the relation between Wars , The end of the world and Asking god for forgiveness for the sins that we , our fathers and sons did and lead to destroying the world by our hands.
What we have done is the Catalyst for the end of the world.
I like this response as well. It makes sense, Guevara.

Guevara said:
I think that linkin park didn't mean something exactly by these lyrics , that's why this discussion is all about , to say what you think it means to you.
I think it's refer to the relation between Wars , The end of the world and Asking god for forgiveness for the sins that we , our fathers and sons did and lead to destroying the world by our hands.
What we have done is the Catalyst for the end of the world.
Not too sure but I know this album focuses on the A-bomb a lot. I know that "A thousand suns" refers to the a-bomb. It's something from J. Robert Oppenheimer about how the a-bomb exploding was like a thousand suns. (Oppenheimer is the one who is talking in "The Radiance") Also, MLK is speaking in "Wisdom Justice and Love" about dropping the bomb. I know that in an interview somewhere, one of the band members (maybe Brad) focuses on how things can be both beautiful and ugly at the same time. For example, a huge fire looks impressive from far away, but up close you can really see the devastation.

But it's also weird because in their album they said the album (or maybe just the artwork in the book) is not political dogma (not exact quote) but something about overcoming personal issues of pride etc.
Well umm.. in My Opinion..

The Lines...

God Save Us Everyone Will We Burn Inside the Fires of A Thousand Suns, For the Sins of Our Hand, Sins of our tongue, sins of our father, sins of our young, meaning...

I believe "A Thousand Suns" is "Hell" by itself
We need a Saviour to Save us from The Sins we have committed.. Who's most relevant to 'Saving' ?? Jesus - referring to "God" (Yes I'm Christian)
[hey this is only my opinion: itz not like I'm stating of anything, so everyone atheist/anti-Christ, please try to relent yourselves from rebelling.. I know, I know.. The first thing I'd have in mind being atheist/anti-Christ would be to prove that theory wrong, but I think it'd be better if you don't. Cause quite franky itz no point doing so, because.. Us Christians DO BELIEVE in Jesus Christ (Our Saviour, The Love of My Life) regardless your demenein opinion in effortz to convertin us or whatever (so predictable)

then there'z.. "And When I close My Eyes, to symphonies of Blinding Light"

I think that'z propocatin a scene of us dying of somethin

"Far from the world of You and I" - Our soul leaving planet earth

"Oceans Bleed in to the sky" - An Expression?? I really don't know.

"God Bless Us Everone, We're a broken People living under loaded gun" - We ask for God's Blessing/Help since we need assistance in fighting against struggles, calamities such as Global Warming, Natural Disasters,.. etc.

Well that's what I could devise from The Catalyst - Linkin Park [I'm a 15 yr. old, definitely one of their Biggest fans - Self-PROCLAIMING their Biggest in India :P :P :) ]
O.o wow, I wonder if you guys actually tried looking at The Catalyst in a different way but here's what I think what song means.

God bless us everyone
We're a broken people,
Living under loaded gun
And it can't be outfought
it can't be outdone
It can't be outmatched
it can't be outrun,
No

-This part here probably means that they're living a life whereby they could just die the next second and therefore seeking strength from God to get them through simply because there's nothing they can do about it.

Otherwise, you guys probably nailed the rest :P
linkin park u r the greatest...and this song is "the catalyst" for a scene in my book that i am writing...keep goin.. :)
superb..thats wad i thought when i heard first the song.... its the uncertainity of life... and not just the natural disasters but the poilitical scenario...the terrorism.... death is constantly shadowing us...

Animate said:
O.o wow, I wonder if you guys actually tried looking at The Catalyst in a different way but here's what I think what song means.

God bless us everyone
We're a broken people,
Living under loaded gun
And it can't be outfought
it can't be outdone
It can't be outmatched
it can't be outrun,
No

-This part here probably means that they're living a life whereby they could just die the next second and therefore seeking strength from God to get them through simply because there's nothing they can do about it.

Otherwise, you guys probably nailed the rest :P
first of all, the song (and the entire album) is great. it is hard to ignore references to the holocaust, however the album does well to imply that our world is in constant danger to repeat the mistakes of history and sink into a world at war.

"we're a broken people living under loaded gun"
before the rise of Nazi Germany, the period immediately following WWI, Germans were united as they all suffered devastating losses on the front line (Jews and Gentiles alike). However, the rise of Nazi-Fascism, the idea of an "Aryan Race," and the following militaristic culture drew sharp lines between "Aryan Germans", and other "inferior" ethnicities. The united Germany was separated into distinct political and ethnic groups under the military might of Nazi Germany.

"The sins of our father"
Adolf Hitler, Germany's Führer, lead Germany and was a false symbol of hope. He managed to lead Germany out of a recession, and built a powerful and disciplined military with unrivaled technologies. His sin was his obsession with Antisemitism. Because of this uncontrolled hate he lead his country into division and industrial scale massacres.

"The sins of our young"
The execution of Jews in Concentration Camps, SS, Wermacht, and even reserve police battalions were carried out by the backbone of Germany- it's powerful youth. The execution of many unarmed civilians caused much psychological burden on all soldiers hence the youngest and most indoctrinated to Nazi ideology were exploited to carry out these killings.

"God save us everyone, Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns?"
This is where it is most difficult to ignore references to the Holocaust, and WWII as a whole. This easily reflects the mental state of Jews as they starved in camps and ghettos awaiting deportation trains to various camps. After 1943 numerous rumors have already circulated concerning incinerators, capable of reducing bone to ash, and death camps such as Auschwitz.

Essentially, our generation is "The Catalyst" responsible for either: repeating the faults of history; or leading the world into a new and more desirable future.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service