Hey guys what do you think the meaning of the new song "The Catalyst" is?

"Catalyst" - Something that causes an important event to happen.

So knowing this what do you think the message of the song is? The song mentions god so is god the catalyst for some form of event??

Discuss.

Tags: The, album, catalyst, god, meaning, new

Views: 20276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that the meaning of this song... is that the "catalyst" is no one...is everyone, we have been the catalyst to all of the happenings in this world... God is not the catalyst, but the only one that can 'neutralize' the effect of the catalyst(s). Since the lyrics say "Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns?..." and then it says "No" ... I guess implying some sort of hope in God. I just heard this song 5minutes ago... so idk....
The Catalyst is us.. we are the inner rising consciousness that is awakening.. The band knows this. It is so clear they are on an enlightened path.

God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under loaded gun

Meaning: We are citizen living in dangerous times, ruled by people who want dont want us to peer thru the veil and seek truth.

And when I close my eyes tonight
To symphonies of blinding light

Meaning: The band is talking about rising consciousness. Perhaps even a Kundalini awakening where everybody that has had this miracle happen to them describe is as a blinding white light that follows with a blissful peace.

Like memories in cold decay
Transmissions echoing away
Far from the world of you and I
Where oceans bleed into the sky

Meaning: The band is talking about the cosmic changes that stem from the heart of our solar system. Waves of energy that are re-writing our DNA and increasing our evolutionary process. And we are at the brink of that transformation... and the oceans will bleed into the sky.. we will become a collective consciousness. There is no line on the horizon.
This song is FULL of meaning.

"god save us everyone we are broken people living under loaded gun"
- refers the police state being constructed all around us, and the fact that the majority of the population has been lulled into submission.

"it can't be out matched, it can't be outdone, it cant be outfought it can't be out run"
- refers the NWO being worldwide and the ushering in of the new political and belief system of one world government.

"when i close my eyes tonight to the symphony of blinding light"

obviously referring the bombing of nations throughout the night (perpetual war in the name of "peace")

"memories in cold decay transmissions echoing away"
refers to free speech becoming a cold distant memory, especially online.

"far from the world of you and I, where oceans bleed into the sky."
a world we can't understand where anything destitute can happen... like a BP oil spill making the ocean floor literally BLEED and evaporate crude oil and other hydro carbons into the sky!

"god save us everyone will we burn inside the fire of a thousand suns?"
will we be engulffed by our own nuclear war we stared to destroy ourselves?

"for the sins of our tongue the sins of our touch the sins of our father the sins of our young"
the selfish, self fullfilling lifestyle of the past few generations, combined with the ignorance of the newest generation.

"lift me up, let me go" (repeated over and over!)
elevate your conscious, wake up, break free from the mind prison.

The entire song is a WARNING, meant to provoke a reaction and an awakening of the masses.
a "catalyst" by definition is the key component to begin a reaction, with significant results.
I'm really glad to see you guys interpreting the song like this. I think that's something LP really wanted. I know they didn't write the song to have one specific theme. I have a couple ideas of my own. The only thing that upsets me is that people honestly believe LP is a "Christian Band" for writing the lyrics "God bless us everyone." LP are not trying to praise Jesus through their lyrics. I'm sure of that.
I also have a few different ideas about the meaning but the worst one i came up with is it's American supremacy for might

but the major unbiast meaning i came up with was if we continue the corse in terms of hatred and violence our future will be grim and dark
The Catalyst is made up of so many different ways. It depends on the person how it relates to them to find the meaning.
For me this is where we the people need to realize that we can make a difference in our lives things cant be out done out fought out run but we can make them better than what they are. They go to god and ask to bless everyone not just christian or muslims or whatever religion because religion shouldn't matter. We all have a god, in my mind it's the same god just being worshiped differently. The band wants everyone to be safe and to know that they are cared for no matter what the consequences are. If we all just stood together in this world life would be soo different. Why do we need guns? Why do we need to start riots? We are broken people under a loaded gun is why. We need to be healed and to have god save us to bless us and show us yes we are strong and we can out fight out run and out do so many things.
hey im cristain but i dont get what you mean
I think in this song, it is trying to convey the message that people are committing sins from 'the sins of our hand, the sins of our tongue, the sins of our father the sins of our young' and that we are 'the catalyst' and we always try to ask for God's help when something bad or unfortunate happens as the song repeats the lines 'God bless/save us everyone'
This song's lyrics are one of the best that linkin park have created. it's deep and full of meaning. It speeks to me and should be a warning to the whole world.

(I'm a christian)
wOW, That was deep. Me likey!

Alexandria said:
The Catalyst is made up of so many different ways. It depends on the person how it relates to them to find the meaning.
For me this is where we the people need to realize that we can make a difference in our lives things cant be out done out fought out run but we can make them better than what they are. They go to god and ask to bless everyone not just christian or muslims or whatever religion because religion shouldn't matter. We all have a god, in my mind it's the same god just being worshiped differently. The band wants everyone to be safe and to know that they are cared for no matter what the consequences are. If we all just stood together in this world life would be soo different. Why do we need guns? Why do we need to start riots? We are broken people under a loaded gun is why. We need to be healed and to have god save us to bless us and show us yes we are strong and we can out fight out run and out do so many things.
I think the reply from "chris s" sums it up pretty well, except for the whole BP oil spill reference. I didn't quite pull that part from the song. Either way, I've enjoyed LP's music for the longest time now, THEY ARE BRILLIANT MUSICIANS!!!, and recently after watching the video for this song - the Catalyst video seems to encapsulate the feelings of a pain, rage, and pure loneliness from the imagery of what looks like hell. After just seeing the LP at the VMA's Observatory performance for this song, it's prevalent that the same uprising energy is with them. Although the audience may not understand the impact The Catalyst's message brings them as warning, it does shows us a sign of the times, as the entire crowd hammers their fists into the air. Now I know these men in the band don't align themselves with Christ, but the prophecy in the lyrics of this song really holds some weight in the Book of Revelation. Actually, I'd say most of the lyrics in this song applies to that book, but because their message is not completely aligned with this book, this would be considered a false prophecy and they'd be false profits. Go figure... It's crazy how God is still continuing to fulfill his promise to all the people through out these past couple thousand years, even through people who may not want to be used to fulfill his prophecy. Anyways, this is my honest depiction for any deep or intrinsic meaning in this song. If you read this, then thanks. I know, it's a tad overkill.
I think this is the most educated post I've read. I was looking for song meaning and this answered it for me. Thank you!

Dave A said:
I think the reply from "chris s" sums it up pretty well, except for the whole BP oil spill reference. I didn't quite pull that part from the song. Either way, I've enjoyed LP's music for the longest time now, THEY ARE BRILLIANT MUSICIANS!!!, and recently after watching the video for this song - the Catalyst video seems to encapsulate the feelings of a pain, rage, and pure loneliness from the imagery of what looks like hell. After just seeing the LP at the VMA's Observatory performance for this song, it's prevalent that the same uprising energy is with them. Although the audience may not understand the impact The Catalyst's message brings them as warning, it does shows us a sign of the times, as the entire crowd hammers their fists into the air. Now I know these men in the band don't align themselves with Christ, but the prophecy in the lyrics of this song really holds some weight in the Book of Revelation. Actually, I'd say most of the lyrics in this song applies to that book, but because their message is not completely aligned with this book, this would be considered a false prophecy and they'd be false profits. Go figure... It's crazy how God is still continuing to fulfill his promise to all the people through out these past couple thousand years, even through people who may not want to be used to fulfill his prophecy. Anyways, this is my honest depiction for any deep or intrinsic meaning in this song. If you read this, then thanks. I know, it's a tad overkill.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service