What Linkin Park song do you think has the most meaningful, down to Earth lyrics and why?

Mine has to be Numb because it explains bad feelings of the people that make all the mistakes in their life... including the intelligent ones. It explains the forum of misunderstanding, dishonesty, and wanting to be yourself.

Views: 1745

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is hard to say, so many of them have such meaningful, true to life lyrics.

Numb has been a favourite of mine for a long long time for that reason (as well as the great music), but I would say most of their songs have at least a few lyrics which are very meaningful to me and applicable to my life. That's one of the main reasons I love Linkin Park (along with their music, of course! :)) - because they speak the things I think and feel but don't get stuck in hate or revenge or victim mode, always try to move forward and encourage people to challenge the not-so-great stuff in life, both personal and political. Waiting For The End is great that way: as I've said on another thread, I've felt that some rock and hip-hop bands hype everyone up but there is no substance to what they're singing, it leaves you feeling empty, and it was nice to hear that someone (Mike?) in Linkin Park felt the same, and I totally identified with "This was not what I had planned, it's out of my control" and "All I want to do is trade this life for something new - holding on to what I haven't got" and "Sitting in an empty room, trying to forget the past" and "And I don't even know what kind of things I said: my mouth kept moving and my mind went dead, so, picking up the pieces now where to begin? The hardest part of ending is starting again". I've felt all those things over the last few years, especially the first three (the last is an older theme in my life which I still bump into now and then ;D much to my chagrin).

Good ask, Kurtis :)

Aaralyn

Burning In The Skies

because recently the last year i burn bridges in my life xP

i still suffering for that :/

Sorry you're suffering for that, Oscar - I hope things take an upturn for you soon and some good people come into your life who you can create a good current part of life with. I know the feeling from when you've burned bridges - my sympathies (I love that song too).

Aaralyn

Oscar Medina said:

Burning In The Skies

because recently the last year i burn bridges in my life xP

i still suffering for that :/

Breaking the Habit, strongest lyrics sung by Linkin Park and it is also one of my favourite songs.

That was my favourite along with Numb for a very long time, too! :)

Luke Hillan said:

Breaking the Habit, strongest lyrics sung by Linkin Park and it is also one of my favourite songs.

A lot of songs explain my feelings and sensations better than I could do with my own words. 

I feel Numb in this way is the most meaningful to me.  It reminds me when I was young, the difficulties of finding my own way without disappointing my parents' expectations;  only now that I'm older I realize it was impossible, I sometimes painfully realize that what I did wasn't what I really wanted to do. But.  Anyway, even if I haven't done & I'm not doing what I really wanted to do, I am what I truly wanted to be in the deep of my heart, and I feel lucky for not confusing "being" with "doing".  I have certainly regrets, but I'm also aware that I am the sum of my little personal successes and mistaken, and I'm aware that the little mistakes, the little wrong choices have contributed to build my life and my family as it is now, I love it and would never change it for nanything else in this world.  

At the same time Numb (and its video) speaks to me as a mother, reminding me that my sons have to find their own way and not the one I dreamed for them;  it's normal dreaming on what your son will be and will do; I realize in my mind that it'd be insane if I tried to trace their way, but sometimes it's difficult to really and truly accept what your mind is telling you  ..... a simple song like Numb helps me trying not to do this mistake, speaking directly to my heart, the heart of the 15-20 years old girl that's still living in me, and the heart of the 46 years old mum that's trying to grow two sons without making too many mistakes, aware that I've certainly done som, and that unfortunately I'll do others, hoping these mistakes will be little, hoping that when my sons will be older they'll think too that a happy life is not only a sum of successes but also a sum of little mistakes.

I like what you said, Laura - I'm glad that Numb expressed what you felt when you are younger (same for me) but also reminds you not to do the same with your kids - I love songs that help me not make unnecessary mistakes or that express what I am or have felt. Hope you're having a lovely day :) :) :)

Laura dB said:

A lot of songs explain my feelings and sensations better than I could do with my own words. 

I feel Numb in this way is the most meaningful to me.  It reminds me when I was young, the difficulties of finding my own way without disappointing my parents' expectations;  only now that I'm older I realize it was impossible, I sometimes painfully realize that what I did wasn't what I really wanted to do. But.  Anyway, even if I haven't done & I'm not doing what I really wanted to do, I am what I truly wanted to be in the deep of my heart, and I feel lucky for not confusing "being" with "doing".  I have certainly regrets, but I'm also aware that I am the sum of my little personal successes and mistaken, and I'm aware that the little mistakes, the little wrong choices have contributed to build my life and my family as it is now, I love it and would never change it for nanything else in this world.  

At the same time Numb (and its video) speaks to me as a mother, reminding me that my sons have to find their own way and not the one I dreamed for them;  it's normal dreaming on what your son will be and will do; I realize in my mind that it'd be insane if I tried to trace their way, but sometimes it's difficult to really and truly accept what your mind is telling you  ..... a simple song like Numb helps me trying not to do this mistake, speaking directly to my heart, the heart of the 15-20 years old girl that's still living in me, and the heart of the 46 years old mum that's trying to grow two sons without making too many mistakes, aware that I've certainly done som, and that unfortunately I'll do others, hoping these mistakes will be little, hoping that when my sons will be older they'll think too that a happy life is not only a sum of successes but also a sum of little mistakes.

Hmm its a hard one.... its either Blow me away or the New Divide.....
I love New Divide, too! I have never heard Blow Me Away, though and could not find it on the net to check it out :( Have a nice one

Sam Bonerface said:
Hmm its a hard one.... its either Blow me away or the New Divide.....

I can say that many of their songs are pretty much about what I'm going through these days.

Right now,  I'm in love with "Bleed it out".

There has always been a linkin park song that reflects my feelings and soul no matter what i am going thru. So every lyric is close to me. But at present its Somewhere I Belong that pulls me in...
I cant choose , is impossible to choose cuz all of them are meaningful but the ones I enjoy their lyrics most are iridescent and leave out all the rest =]

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service