I'm seeing diss threads already from the leak. But who's heard A Thousand Suns and LIKES it? I do! :)

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It grows on you. I mean, take out those pointless, 30 second pieces, add a few more songs, and it's a great album. I hated, I mean HATED it with all my might but it's not so bad. Just wish there was more.
It did seem a bit short. But I think I remember hearing somewhere that they plan to have another album out pretty soon after this. Like next year, not another three or four years.

Anyone who expected them to return to the Hybrid Theory / Meteora sound obviously hasn't been paying attention. As much fun as that would be in a all-time Fantasy Football kind of way, (to go back in time like Bill & Ted and assemble a "super band" out of the members of your favorite bands from what you consider their peak periods) that's not likely to happen in real life anytime soon. Maybe when they all get old or something they might decide to do a retro-style "back to our roots" album but it's not gonna happen right now.

Eric Bobrow said:
It grows on you. I mean, take out those pointless, 30 second pieces, add a few more songs, and it's a great album. I hated, I mean HATED it with all my might but it's not so bad. Just wish there was more.
I wonder if at concerts, mostly that nyc one, they will play these new ones or do most of their old ones, and like, their top 2-3 from the new one. I remember they did that when MTM came out.

Nerd Fourty-Two said:
It did seem a bit short. But I think I remember hearing somewhere that they plan to have another album out pretty soon after this. Like next year, not another three or four years.

Anyone who expected them to return to the Hybrid Theory / Meteora sound obviously hasn't been paying attention. As much fun as that would be in a all-time Fantasy Football kind of way, (to go back in time like Bill & Ted and assemble a "super band" out of the members of your favorite bands from what you consider their peak periods) that's not likely to happen in real life anytime soon. Maybe when they all get old or something they might decide to do a retro-style "back to our roots" album but it's not gonna happen right now.

Eric Bobrow said:
I bet they're gonna have Mr. Hahn be doing alot more in the live show this time around. :)
Did not think of that. Wow, that'll be cool as hell

Nerd Fourty-Two said:
I bet they're gonna have Mr. Hahn be doing alot more in the live show this time around. :)
it grew on me sooooo fast
More posts presuming people who dislike the album want them to go back to Hybrid Theory.

Not true, at least in my case. But is it too much to ask for music that doesn't sound the same as MTM and is nothing but radio friendly garbage that will be forgotten in a matter of months by most listeners? I don't think so. If you play MTM and ATS side-by-side the fact that the albums sound damn near identical, both musically and structurally, becomes crystal clear, especially comparing tracks like What I've Done vs. Burning in the Skies.

Unfortunately, after MTM and now this, I don't think Linkin Park is capable of much more than these last two efforts. People defending this album keep pointing to quotes by the band about how much work they're putting into it and how it was going to be radically different but if you search for articles during the period of time where MTM was being created, the band said the exact same thing.

I really do not understand what they were trying to do with this album. I keep reading it was a concept album, which means it was supposed to be more of a themed album with all elements tying together. If so, they don't even get close enough to touch The Who's Tommy, Pink Floyd's The Wall, Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime or even Fear Factory's four-album-long concept project (Fear is the Mindkiller/Demanufacture/Obsolete/Digimortal).

This album is just full of the same old verse-hook-verse-hook trite crap that infects the radio waves these days. There is no doubt in my mind that Chester is far more talented than this and would probably do much better with a new band or solo project.
What? This doesn't sound just like Minutes to Midnight. I mean, there are some similarities sure, it sounds more like MTM than like any of their previous stuff but it's a totally different genre. That was part rock part metal and this is part trance part hip hop part rock. Did you really expect a total departure from the verse-hook-verse-hook song structure? I didn't.

Burning the Skies doesn't sound all that much like What I've Done / New Divide. (which are different verses of the same song) It's not as great as the Wall or Tommy but on the other hand, it's not a carbon copy of anything else like you're saying.

Linkin Park has always done lots of songs that are either remixes of or sound very similar to earlier songs of theirs. It's part of a grand pattern/plan, not a lack of creativity.

Victor M. Reynauld said:
More posts presuming people who dislike the album want them to go back to Hybrid Theory.
Not true, at least in my case. But is it too much to ask for music that doesn't sound the same as MTM and is nothing but radio friendly garbage that will be forgotten in a matter of months by most listeners? I don't think so. If you play MTM and ATS side-by-side the fact that the albums sound damn near identical, both musically and structurally, becomes crystal clear, especially comparing tracks like What I've Done vs. Burning in the Skies. Unfortunately, after MTM and now this, I don't think Linkin Park is capable of much more than these last two efforts. People defending this album keep pointing to quotes by the band about how much work they're putting into it and how it was going to be radically different but if you search for articles during the period of time where MTM was being created, the band said the exact same thing.
I really do not understand what they were trying to do with this album. I keep reading it was a concept album, which means it was supposed to be more of a themed album with all elements tying together. If so, they don't even get close enough to touch The Who's Tommy, Pink Floyd's The Wall, Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime or even Fear Factory's four-album-long concept project (Fear is the Mindkiller/Demanufacture/Obsolete/Digimortal).

This album is just full of the same old verse-hook-verse-hook trite crap that infects the radio waves these days. There is no doubt in my mind that Chester is far more talented than this and would probably do much better with a new band or solo project.
I really ought to post up a track-by-track review to combat some of this retarded trolling of the new album.
I love it already. :)
Ioved it immediately after I heard it

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service