I just was curious is to why Linkin Park has gone so far away from their roots? I am not going to bitch about how bad the album is or how this song suck or whatever. I don't mine the guys taking some creative freedom to make music that expresses themselves, thats what music is all about. However shouldn't the guys put out some songs that cater to the fans that made them the band they are today?

With that said, there is one song on their newest album that I feel provides some of that old linkin park style and that is wrenches and kings, it has a little hip-hop, a little rock, and some electronic mixing. It was good to hear something that had a flavor of the band I grew up loving. 

I got into Linkin Park because of the fist pumping adrenalin rush, which a lot of their new music is missing. I miss that. 

So yeah, keep producing the music you guys want, at the same time though, try and come up with some stuff for the fans. If Chester wants to sound like Bono, fine more power to him, but at least give your old fans something to jump around too!

Views: 532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Because they can't stay the same,they have to change.They have matured and understood how the world works.You know,that the first two albums have had like a depression and anger motive which teens feel and they then decide to listen to that kind of music.But,you know every story has a happy ending,and so does Linkin Park.I personally loved all of their albums,each and every one of them.To a true Linkin Park fan they never change.They are still awesome.I love the new sound and the old one too.They are really unique and original that they even developed a new genre themselves.Don't listen to all those cocky emo fags who complain that they have changed.Obviously they're just fanboys that think anything new is automatically shitty and crappy.Clearly LP has grown up but those crybabies haven't and decided to become haters.If you think that LP are the best,and you love them,don't let those crapsters brainwash you and turn you into a hater.If they don't want to listen it,let them listen to something else it's their own choice. \m/

#THIS! XD

Plankton Lancton said:

Because they can't stay the same,they have to change.They have matured and understood how the world works.You know,that the first two albums have had like a depression and anger motive which teens feel and they then decide to listen to that kind of music.But,you know every story has a happy ending,and so does Linkin Park.I personally loved all of their albums,each and every one of them.To a true Linkin Park fan they never change.They are still awesome.I love the new sound and the old one too.They are really unique and original that they even developed a new genre themselves.Don't listen to all those cocky emo fags who complain that they have changed.Obviously they're just fanboys that think anything new is automatically shitty and crappy.Clearly LP has grown up but those crybabies haven't and decided to become haters.If you think that LP are the best,and you love them,don't let those crapsters brainwash you and turn you into a hater.If they don't want to listen it,let them listen to something else it's their own choice. \m/

because they are stupid thats why.i dont want to be rude but thats the true.they call this evolution hah.
evolution is what disturbed did.from nu metal to alternative metal from atlternative metal to heavy metal and then heavy metal and nu metal at once.i cant imagine how great they was going to be if they just evoluted in the right way.all metal bands evolve to more harder,more heavier and more brutal style and thats how they get better.blackout abd wretches abd kings are even not close to their old style lol.compare wrethces and kings to faint or somewhere i belong.
if LT or ATS was their debut album they was never going to be famous or as good as they was.think about it.if ATS was their debut album will you start listening them im sure you wont.its not needed to change your style to go better.iron maiden did it.all albums heavy metal but every album is better than the previous one.but LP are not doing this. now they are targeting at the teenage girls and teenagers witch is really sad.watch rock am ring 2004 and watch 2012.just see the crowd and compare it to 2012.to say that a band must change their style to get better you must be complete idiot or LP to be the only band in the world for you.LP are going worse with every next album.they are no longer metal band.they are shitted pop-rock band and i dont care what you will say because thats the true.say that im hater,idiot that im wrong i dont care what you will say because im telling the true

So you are looking at the forums here on lp.com, probably claiming to be a good fan and you are calling them stupid for doing what they like? This is just selfish... You do not have to like their new songs. Their music has never stayed the same... They have been changing things, experimenting for years... Even Reanimation is not the same as HT, even MTM is totally different, ATS as well and LT is not the same as ATS... Targeting at the teenage girls? Lol, this is just the funniest thing ever! You should learn to respect other people and even if you do not like something to leave it and stop arguing with people everywhere. I have seen enough posts written by you and what you are doing is not OK. I am sorry that you are disappointed, but you named enough bands that you apparently like and if you hate the new LP albums just do not listen to them... Is it that hard? You are not a little kid, after all...

I agree with everything daniel lazarov said. Everyone in here keeps saying that LP evolved. That's bullshit. They just can't make quality songs, that's whats happening. Even HT was so overproduced that they couldn't even play it live properly the first years without great equipment. Why they can't make quality songs? Because they don't know how to compose songs and play instruments in a way they sound better. What's the point of having the best guitars and pedals if they're not going to make great use of them?
They keep on experimenting..yeah, with sound software on computers. Maybe they should stop that, learn music and then come back and start making music again

Are you jealous of them or what?
I just don't get you guys... Who makes you listen to the music, if you don't like it?
You haters are everywhere, this is disgusting!

Esteban said:

I agree with everything daniel lazarov said. Everyone in here keeps saying that LP evolved. That's bullshit. They just can't make quality songs, that's whats happening. Even HT was so overproduced that they couldn't even play it live properly the first years without great equipment. Why they can't make quality songs? Because they don't know how to compose songs and play instruments in a way they sound better. What's the point of having the best guitars and pedals if they're not going to make great use of them?
They keep on experimenting..yeah, with sound software on computers. Maybe they should stop that, learn music and then come back and start making music again

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service